Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
[DBTech] User Spotlight v1 (vB4) Details »
[DBTech] User Spotlight v1 (vB4)
Mod Version: 1.6.6, by DragonByte Tech (Coder) DragonByte Tech is offline
Developer Last Online: Sep 2019 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.x.x Rating: (19 votes - 4.84 average) Installs: 145
Released: 01 Dec 2010 Last Update: 17 Aug 2017 Downloads: 839
Supported Uses Plugins Auto-Template Additional Files Translations Is in Beta Stage  

DragonByte Technologies are proud to present User Spotlight v1: A mini mod to show a random member on your forumhome page.

Why User Spotlight?

DBTech's User Spotlight mod lets you display a random member on your forum home page as a way to increase member commmunication.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you like this mod please hit the button to the right ---->

Please remember to click the, button to the right if you installed the mod ---->

What does 'Marking As Installed' do ?

* It helps you to stay on top of updates - members who have installed modifications will be notified by us whenever new updates are available.

For security issues - vbulletin.org will contact all members who have installed a modification whenever a security issue is brought to their attention.

* Marking a modification as installed also helps us know how many people are using our work, giving us extra incentive to provide more features and new modifications.

We appreciate the support!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Priority support for this version is handled at the Developers Website.

Major Features

ForumHome Integration: Members' details will show in the infobar on the forumhome.

Feature List
  • Random user selected every night
  • Admin override of selected user
  • Admin variables to limit selected users by number of posts, reputation and days active

This mod displays a copyright notification in the footer of the forum home page which includes:
  • 1 Link to DragonByte Technologies homepage
  • 1 Link to Product Description page of this modification

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	forumhome.png
Views:	3064
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	125027   Click image for larger version

Name:	acp_settings.jpg
Views:	736
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	125028  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Chat Modifications [DBTech] vBShout v6 (vB4) [AJAX] DragonByte Tech vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 2842 24 Sep 2019 04:48
New Posting Features [DBTech] Advanced User Tagging v3 (vB4) DragonByte Tech vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 1237 15 Sep 2019 11:17
Major Additions [DBTech] vBShop v3 (vB4) DragonByte Tech vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 590 19 Dec 2018 20:05
Major Additions [DBTech] vBDownloads v2 (vB4) [AJAX] DragonByte Tech vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 580 04 Mar 2018 22:36
Mini Mods [DBTech] User Status & Moods v1 (vB4) DragonByte Tech vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 781 22 Sep 2017 18:12

Old 08 Nov 2014, 13:00

doesn't work with my 4.2.2
Old 11 Dec 2014, 13:30

Does this have all the links in the footer?

Let us take care of your forum, seo, seo reports, maintenance, what ever you need.

Old 11 Dec 2014, 13:42

Yes it does, on forum home.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 11 Dec 2014, 13:47

I have it working under activity but cannot get it working in the sidebar.

Let us take care of your forum, seo, seo reports, maintenance, what ever you need.

Old 11 Dec 2014, 13:52

Did you add the block to the Forum Blocks Manager?
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 11 Dec 2014, 14:08

Originally Posted by ozzy47 View Post
Did you add the block to the Forum Blocks Manager?
yes, I tried a few different things as well but still will not display in the side block.

Old 11 Dec 2014, 14:16

Thank you I'll try it this week end
Old 11 Dec 2014, 14:17

Originally Posted by RichieBoy67 View Post
yes, I tried a few different things as well but still will not display in the side block.
What about running the cron, I think it needs to be run for it to show.
Old 11 Dec 2014, 14:18

Originally Posted by ozzy47 View Post
What about running the cron, I think it needs to be run for it to show.
Yep, did that too. It shows but not when I set it to the side block.

Old 12 Dec 2014, 13:36

Have you also tried using the Clear System Cache link under vBulletin's Maintenance group, in case your forum block was cached?

Fillip
Old 12 Dec 2014, 16:47

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech View Post
Have you also tried using the Clear System Cache link under vBulletin's Maintenance group, in case your forum block was cached?

Fillip
That is usually the first thing I do.

Thanks

Old 03 Jan 2015, 02:19

Could anyone suggest a way to load this mod twice or perhaps a way to adjust the forum sidebar to do what I want?

Here's what I want.

Forum Side Bar Block #1 - User Spotlight - This rotates through all the members and spotlights only members from specific usergroups.

Forum Side Bar Block #2 - Vendor Spotlight - This rotates through all the vendors in my vendor usergroup only and spotlights only people in this usergroup.

I'd like to have forum block #1 rotate every couple hours and forum block #2 daily.

FWIW... I have this mod working perfectly on my site right now. Just looking for a way to have it do the double function that I am looking for.

Is there a way to do this?

D.
Old 03 Jan 2015, 12:48

It's not something that could be easily done unfortunately.