Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22 Jul 2005, 00:17

New signature rule

I couldn't help but notice the new signature rule that does not allow dynamic php image signatures (being very popular among vB users).

Any particular reason for this? :ermm:
Old 22 Jul 2005, 00:37

If it creates a cookie or gathers info, it's not looked upon kindly. Privacy issues. Not to mention, they're just plain annoying.
Old 22 Jul 2005, 00:54

If we're talking about annoying, then is there anything that can be done about Hellsatan's here that takes forever to load and then offers up a missing image?
Old 22 Jul 2005, 01:00

Originally Posted by Regs
If we're talking about annoying, then is there anything that can be done about Hellsatan's here that takes forever to load and then offers up a missing image?
You should complain to your isp for that crappy connection. His sig is within rules.
Old 22 Jul 2005, 01:06

Originally Posted by dndog
I couldn't help but notice the new signature rule that does not allow dynamic php image signatures (being very popular among vB users).

The only thing no longer allowed are cookie-setting images. My signature is dynamic.
Old 22 Jul 2005, 01:12

Originally Posted by Link14716
The only thing no longer allowed are cookie-setting images. My signature is dynamic.
Technically, no it isn't if it gathers information.

If you look at MarcoH64's sig ---

Dynamic images, php files and other scripts that create cookies or gather information in signatures are not allowed and will be removed.
Old 22 Jul 2005, 04:35

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by corriewf
You should complain to your isp for that crappy connection. His sig is within rules.
And you should complain to your district school system for such crappy educational standards.

Try reading it fully again
Old 22 Jul 2005, 05:20

:X Rofl lol
Just wanna ask a vB related question contact me.
Old 22 Jul 2005, 06:26

Originally Posted by Regs
And you should complain to your district school system for such crappy educational standards.

Try reading it fully again
What does my "district school system" have to do with your sub par connection? Hellsatan's sig shows up fine and in a timely fashion. It is within the rules of the board, nuff said. Dont you have your own board to make an ass out of yourself with?
Old 22 Jul 2005, 06:32

Okay, both of you, calm down.

I imagine that many members would find dynamic PHP sigs annoying, I am one of them. I dislike image sigs alltogether as I see them as a waste of my download limits, not to mention they lag threads and make them load slower for everyone.

Fast Board > Pointless image sigs.
Old 22 Jul 2005, 06:41

Originally Posted by Biker_GA
Technically, no it isn't if it gathers information.

Look at the rule again, it says image. Look at his post count, the mods are fully aware of his sig.

Originally Posted by Tony G
Okay, both of you, calm down.

I imagine that many members would find dynamic PHP sigs annoying, I am one of them. I dislike image sigs alltogether as I see them as a waste of my download limits, not to mention they lag threads and make them load slower for everyone.

Fast Board > Pointless image sigs.

Dont get mad at me cause yoda got owned.... :squareeyed:

Originally Posted by dndog

The bottom line is that this is a forum of courtesy not of right. None of the primary staff here make any money nor profit from our purchases of vbulletin. With that being said, they can make the rules and don't owe any explanation in doing so. It is nice when they do, but its not required. This particular topic has become redundant.

Last edited by corriewf; 22 Jul 2005 at 06:53. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 22 Jul 2005, 07:33

Originally Posted by Biker_GA
As long as i don't get a privacy warning in my browser about a third party cookie being blocked, i consider it within the rules.
Old 22 Jul 2005, 13:49

Originally Posted by corriewf
Dont get mad at me cause yoda got owned....
o_O I'm not mad, I'm simply trying to control the situation before it turns into a pointless flame war.
Old 22 Jul 2005, 15:10

Well, you are not really doing a very good job of it because you have allowed one member here to call another an ass...

http://www.darkblazes.com does not connect for me - Cannot find server - error.

My connection is just fine, thank-you.

Now, this is affecting my experience here. It is annoying. It causes threads to take upwards of 15 seconds to fully load. Yes, I attempt to avoid the 10234 useless threads per week Hellsatan starts as much as possible but every once in awhile, he posts in a thread I find useful and then, well, it sucks.

At the end of the day, why even allow 3rd-party [hosted] images and files in signatures?
Old 22 Jul 2005, 15:32

Turn off viewing of signatures in your profile and put hellsatan in your ignore list.