Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 20 Nov 2010, 03:19
EricTheRead

Please Delete My Account!

Hello,

I don't know what else to do so I will try posting here. I had a typo when I created this user account and now my user name is wrong. Ha ha, yeah I know there's all kinds of irony in my "wrong" screen name so laugh it up . I didn't have my glasses on that night and it was really late.

I would like to have the administrator delete this user account so I can create a new one with one of the correct screen names I normally use so it will be less of a pain to keep up with. Plus, this one is just lame...I've tried to contact the administrator twice over the past two weeks with no luck on getting a response. I've got work to do and need to get cracking on posting some questions up here so I can pick the brains of these vB gurus! I'm new to vB and so far so good.

P.S. I didn't see anything in my account settings about deleting my account or didn't see anything about it in the FAQ's.

Thanks,
Eric
Old 20 Nov 2010, 05:36

If you don't want to use this account, just abandon it and create a new one. We don't delete accounts.

We have four admins here, so perhaps you can try contacting another since they aren't all available at the same time (vacations, family, etc.).

Try a search before posting for help. Many users won't, and don't, help if the question has been answered several times before.
W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
I will NOT help via PM (you will be directed to post in the forums for help.)
Old 20 Nov 2010, 06:48
EricTheRead

Thanks Lynne for the reply! I tried creating another account but I can only have one account per email address so it sounds like I'm stuck...unless I'm missing something.
Old 20 Nov 2010, 06:58

Nevermind, I fixed it! You inspired me...I just went in and changed my email address in the account to a random email address. It let me reregister after that. Thanks again!
Old 20 Nov 2010, 12:14

Originally Posted by EricTheRed View Post
Nevermind, I fixed it! You inspired me...I just went in and changed my email address in the account to a random email address. It let me reregister after that. Thanks again!
Glad you got that sorted lol
Welcome to vB.org
Old 20 Nov 2010, 14:06

Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
We have four admins here, so perhaps you can try contacting another since they aren't all available at the same time (vacations, family, etc.).
Only one monitors the e-mail account, best to use an alternative method where possible.

Cable Forum
Please do not PM me about custom work - I no longer undertake any.
Note: I will not answer support questions via e-mail or PM - please use the relevant thread or forum.
Old 20 Nov 2010, 15:01

Only one is my favorite admin.
Old 21 Nov 2010, 06:34

Thanks for the advice everyone and glad I could provide a few laughs
Old 23 Nov 2010, 11:03

As an exception to the rule, the account was deleted.