Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Block - Users Online Details »
Block - Users Online
Developer Last Online: Aug 2019 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.2.0 Rating: (16 votes - 4.88 average) Installs: 162
Released: 23 Jan 2010 Last Update: 05 Jun 2012 Downloads: 971
Not Supported Uses Plugins Template Edits Re-usable Code  

This is a block for your forum sideblocks to show the Current Users Online.

You will need to Create a new Template (block_users_online), Cache the template, Create a new Block (Users Online), and then, optionally, remove the Currently Active Users list from the bottom of the page.

1.1 2010-06-12: Added in Most users ever online. Updated for 4.0.3.
1.2 2010-06-23: Updated to work for 4.0.4.
1.3 2011-11-17: Fixed template and block code for use in 4.1.8.
1.4 2012-06-05: Fixed template for use in 4.2.0.

Installation instructions for 4.2.0, 4.1.8 and pre-4.1.8 are included in the 1.4 download. Please make sure you use the correct Installation Instructions as both the block code and the template code are different depending on the version you are running. Read them carefully!!!

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	block-users online.png
Views:	8859
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	118381  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Profile Enhancements Show online/offline status in friends block Taragon vBulletin 3.7 Template Modifications 15 17 Aug 2008 20:41

Old 25 Aug 2010, 23:00

Originally Posted by Marv View Post
Almost same here, Lynne. Updated to 4.06 and the display on forum.php is like a lottery. I cannot tell what triggers the display cause there is no pattern which I could identify. Sometimes it works but most of the time it doesnīt. Could you afford some time to have a look into that 4.06 issue ? Would be really appreciated.
Are you talking about issues on forum.php or with the modification Everywhere Sidebar? This shows just fine on my test site. I don't have a live site running 4.0, so I can't comment on it then. I can't fix an issue that isn't happening for me.

Try a search before posting for help. Many users won't, and don't, help if the question has been answered several times before.
W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
I will NOT help via PM (you will be directed to post in the forums for help.)
Old 26 Aug 2010, 08:50

Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
Are you talking about issues on forum.php or with the modification Everywhere Sidebar? This shows just fine on my test site. I don't have a live site running 4.0, so I can't comment on it then. I can't fix an issue that isn't happening for me.
Thx for your reply, Lynne. Itīs about the forum.php and I donīt have the mod Everywhere Sidebar installed. May be you wanna have a look into it on my site ?
Old 26 Aug 2010, 16:12

Sure, post a link to your site so I can see this happening. Also, look in your error_logs and see if anything is in there. And, try disabling your other modifications to see if this is a problem between two modifications.

(I just spent a few minutes clicking on my test site between two users and could never get that block to disappear.)

Try a search before posting for help. Many users won't, and don't, help if the question has been answered several times before.
W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
Old 31 Aug 2010, 06:56

hi

Nice mod.

Can i delete the notice: most users ever online...

I need only the users currently online.

greetz
thunder28
Old 31 Aug 2010, 15:48

Of course. Feel free to modify it however you like.

W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
Old 09 Sep 2010, 19:30

i have the same "lottery" problem with 4.0.6...when I first enter on forumhome, it all displays ok..if I refresh the page, no more user numbers, only the plain text....and ya, I have the everywhere sidebar installed

edit: and i found a temporary fix...if you put cache time to 0 in forum blocks manager, for this block...everything works ok
Old 09 Sep 2010, 21:14

Originally Posted by vexxy View Post
i have the same "lottery" problem with 4.0.6...when I first enter on forumhome, it all displays ok..if I refresh the page, no more user numbers, only the plain text....and ya, I have the everywhere sidebar installed

edit: and i found a temporary fix...if you put cache time to 0 in forum blocks manager, for this block...everything works ok
can you post what code you're using? When I do this it works on other pages but not the forumhome.
Old 22 Sep 2010, 11:49

tagged
Old 10 Oct 2010, 13:17

Wonderful, thank you Lynne.
Old 13 Oct 2010, 14:07

Hi,

Can you explain about this:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

in my forum dont show any user online.
say: 'o my worshipers, who have sinned excessively against themselves, do not despair of the mercy of allah, surely, allah forgives all sins. he is the forgiver, the most merciful. Chapter 39: AZ-ZUMAR (THE TROOPS)/verb 53
Old 13 Oct 2010, 15:49

What do you mean "explain about" it? It's from the standard query from your forum.php file. (Actually, it was from the 4.0.4 version as they have since changed it again.) It just grabs all users except those in usergroups 3 or 4 (and anything additionally added by the hook).

W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
Old 13 Oct 2010, 20:46

Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
What do you mean "explain about" it? It's from the standard query from your forum.php file. (Actually, it was from the 4.0.4 version as they have since changed it again.) It just grabs all users except those in usergroups 3 or 4 (and anything additionally added by the hook).
thanks,

But in my forum not appear any user?

Can you help me?
say: 'o my worshipers, who have sinned excessively against themselves, do not despair of the mercy of allah, surely, allah forgives all sins. he is the forgiver, the most merciful. Chapter 39: AZ-ZUMAR (THE TROOPS)/verb 53
Old 13 Oct 2010, 20:54

Originally Posted by m55629 View Post
thanks,

Can you help me?
Are you using vbull 4.0.6??
Old 13 Oct 2010, 21:33

Originally Posted by COL NIL SATIS View Post
Are you using vbull 4.0.6??
my version is 4.0.7
Old 13 Oct 2010, 22:25

Originally Posted by m55629 View Post
thanks,

Can you help me?
All I see are spiders on your site users list. This doesn't show spiders - that is a separate mod that you would need to incorporate into this one.

W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual