Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16 Aug 2010, 21:56

Originally Posted by Videx View Post
We got suspended once for server load - after complaining for months that the load on the server was too high! Since then I download my daily db backups via FTP scripts. And download full site backups monthly.

Is this guy deep in the jungle or something? Have him call and tell them they can talk to you. Not a big deal.
Bingo, everyone is reachable unless he's in the armed forces i.e. deployed overseas then it's a matter of when/if they can talk and have access etc but you said Business, well this is that ion one shape or another so give him a ring.

Marco mentioned the hosting thread, here's a link: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...osting-Options

The one I like most in particular is this thread: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...monials-thread

Very simply put though, dealing with Hosts is just like a Car Dealership... sometimes you get everything as stated, sometimes as-is, and often times you have to read the fine print to know more and that they have you by the basketballs so in essence some are with a host that they love and many others do like Chevrolet for example while others would never use them, strict Ford lovers catch my drift?

Search - Use the search feature to find similar issues/answers.
Information - Include screenshots, copy/pasted error codes, url etc.
Fixed - Please return to your thread/post and let us know how it was fixed!
Thanks - For participating! Click the "Like" on a post if someone helped you!
Old 23 Aug 2010, 08:54

Originally Posted by Videx View Post
We got suspended once for server load - after complaining for months that the load on the server was too high! Since then I download my daily db backups via FTP scripts. And download full site backups monthly.

Is this guy deep in the jungle or something? Have him call and tell them they can talk to you. Not a big deal.
No, he is overseas and is doing several large business deals and i have been able to have him get the chance to send 1 email in 1 month. He is busy beyond belief and yea..
Old 07 Sep 2010, 18:31

Originally Posted by hellbomb View Post
No, he is overseas and is doing several large business deals and i have been able to have him get the chance to send 1 email in 1 month. He is busy beyond belief and yea..
Then send 2 eMails, every day!
C'mon man... you want your data or not?

Make it easy for him.
Send him a PDF, where he can provide his information and what not, and a letter authorizing you to do whatever is needed on the account.

Or ask the hosting company who can he contact DIRECTLY (no phone-menus).
He won't be pissed by 5 eMails a day... yet he'll be pissed about a missed deadline on a project you took on.

My 0.02!
Old 20 Sep 2010, 22:08

I can't say I was screwed but I had some poor service from dreamhost. Currently using globalgold and I'm very happy with their support.
Old 21 Sep 2010, 02:25

I said screw it and bought a dedicated server now i handle all my own problems
Old 22 Sep 2010, 22:02

I used a company called UH hosting for 3 years, towards the last year, I found them rude, abrupt and pretty useless at talking to customers and so much more, lets just say I will NEVER use them again!!
Old 12 Oct 2010, 11:01

I had once a dedicated server, where my provider did run on a second account for his customers gameservers (I rented the full box, not a part).

Lucky he didn't wanted to involve the police and send all my money back.

So watch also on own Servers close, still much space to screw you over .
Old 21 Oct 2010, 17:30

Yes, that's why I switched from HostNine to HostGator. Had countless technical and customer service issues with Host9. HostGator has been giving me about a 99.9% up time and has a competent and courteous support staff.
Old 22 Oct 2010, 16:15

Yeah, HostGator took some money from me even when I tried to cancel.