Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19 Dec 2013, 14:01

I just installed this yesterday on my site and love it so far.

I have it installed in my global.php file as well as the separate archives/global.php file. I installed this specifically because my vbulletin install was apparently being exploited by a Joomla attack? I don't understand how it was working since I don't have Joomla installed on the server, but it appeared to work through archive/index.php.

Anyway -- very powerful script and works great. A little common sense goes a long ways -- seeing the people say how their own IP got blocked shows that reading the manual is too hard for some folks. *facepalm*
Old 19 Dec 2013, 15:43

We used to use that and it worked well, but it was occasionally banning the ip of people who used search because something in the url was triggering it. It probably could have been fixed easily but I never had the time to look at it so we eventually removed it. That was a few years ago so that problem may have been fixed.

Edit: oops, I missed that we're on page 3 of this thread. Maybe it's been discussed already.

Last edited by kh99; 19 Dec 2013 at 23:00.
Old 25 Jul 2017, 21:53

Originally Posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
I read a lot about what this author did and it is commendable he worked hard on this but personally I think his default settings are MUCH too strict for prime time use. I'm sure with enough customizing these issues can be overcome but it will be a while before I dedicate time to researching this.

If you're not losing the spam war I suggest you be very wary of installing this, it looks like you will lose legit visitors under the default settings.
Any updates on this one? It would be great if you could code a vBulletin plugin for it. Seems like a good tool and idea if one could tweak it to the most optimal settings.

UADisplay for the nerds among us who care about browser wars!
Old 25 Jul 2017, 23:39

No, I never ended up using it, wasn't useful to my sites.

(@BirdOPrey5) Former vb.org Moderator. Fighting for a free & independent vb.org.
BirdOPrey5.com - Exclusive VB Mods! (Formerly Qapla.com) | Joe's Ultimate Off Topic
Note - I do not read my PMs often, do not expect quick replies.
Old 28 Aug 2017, 14:35

This works well https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=268208 without the issues of this script
Please do not pm me for support unless i have invited you to!