Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Old 26 Jun 2007, 07:25

Bluehost.com CPU Exceed (Site Down)

I wonder if anyone having issue with bluehost.com. I recently switched to bluehost.com few months ago and keep getting CPU exceed issue. They say you need to contact your VB Software developer inorder to correct your code. I don't see anything wrong with the code otherwise it won't work on the site.

I also noticed if I need to login to there control panel >> click on MYSQL Database>> than you can choose which sql file you want to backup.. Than, I select one of my SQL file and click SAVE AS.. I noticed right away my site won't load up the page at all. After the download page completed about 3 minutes, my site will display. I talked with there tier3 support and it doesn't make any sense say it is my code issue. Just backing up the database than my site slow down??????? The only thing that they are not aware off it doesn't give any CPU error. They also mention it could be my root problem how my folders organized. I explained to them that how the VB files and folders suppose to have like that. I don't know what els to explain to them right now.....

Previously when I signed up there plan I was on the $6.95 /Months. There server is fast than I just keep getting that CPU error all the time. Than or later I talked with there support and suggest to upgrade to $19.99 /Months so they can increase my CPU seconds. So I decided to upgraded the plan as long it will fix this problems. Later for 2 days, I got the same issue again. I don't see any different but it just my site go down between 5 -10 minutes. This is very inconvienience for the support and service they had provided. Anyone here ever face the same problem I had? Angkor

http://www.khmerclub.com

Last edited by angkor408; 26 Jun 2007 at 07:30.
Comments
Old 26 Jun 2007, 13:21

bluehost is a typical example of "overselling" moving to them whas a bad idea as you need to move again to get rid of the problem.There is nothing wrong with the code and i doubt they even know what they are talking about avoid bluehost and there "aliases" companys as the pest
Old 26 Jun 2007, 18:16

Thumbs down

thank for the info Delphiprogrammi. They need to change in there frontpage from Reliable to Unreliable hosting.
Old 26 Jun 2007, 22:05

Usually hosts like that have several {5,6} websites going to the same hosting, leading to one server, usually just one person with a resellers account. I've seen my fair share and more of those kinds of hosts, and run away from them as fast as you can. Just by looking at the style of their homepage screams it, easy, cheap, and unprofessional. Maybe 2 hours of work. If you want to call it that. In other words, the host is crap.

And just for the record, on your forum, change the forumdisplay from the default vbulletin style.
Old 27 Jun 2007, 05:46

Which option is that under? Forum manager >> Custom Style for this Forum is that you are refferring to? Thank, Angkor
Old 27 Jun 2007, 05:56

oh hmm, i have bluehost and so far i dont think i have got that error message you are talking about?
Old 03 Jul 2007, 14:49

Originally Posted by Delphiprogrammi View Post
bluehost is a typical example of "overselling" moving to them whas a bad idea as you need to move again to get rid of the problem.There is nothing wrong with the code and i doubt they even know what they are talking about avoid bluehost and there "aliases" companys as the pest
Well, I found another of bluehost's aliases. It is hostmonster. Same features and the same help center.
Old 03 Jul 2007, 15:16

Find a real host. Bluehost are terrible.
Old 04 Jul 2007, 00:40

I have seen more CPU Exceeded errors on bluehost than on any other webhost. It just shows you how well some webhosts are experienced with forum hosting.
Old 04 Jul 2007, 02:32

Reminds me of HostGator.com, too.
Old 04 Jul 2007, 18:07

CPU metering is kind a not of this day and age.

We rent from thePlanet ( started as rackshack, been EV1, but now they are part of the planet)

With them for 10 years now, never an issue, supurb helpdesk.
Old 07 Jul 2007, 05:25

HAHAHA ANOTHER BLUEHOST ISSUE..

OK Well I was running my website on them 500 members over 5,000 threads. I got CPU Exceeded Errors almost 10x a day -- with only 20+ people online! I moved straight from them to HostICan and have had NO issues whatsoever. I then upgraded to a VPS with HostICan -- again no issues like those at bluehost. Trash your bluehost account and find somewhere else, I suggest HostIcan.com
Old 13 Jul 2007, 08:30

better than thrillinghill.. they have overloaded their servers.. too many sites on it, so the CPU lags like heck!!
Old 14 Jul 2007, 06:55

Better than? haha I doubt it. BlueHost is the WORSTE
Old 17 Nov 2007, 15:38

Thank for your suggestion. The only I like about them the hosting is fast but problems. Thank, Angkor

http://www.khmerclub.com