Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Article Options
Old 29 Aug 2010, 02:28

Hi my friends

I want to see members use online. Create a new page on the outside, but more of how to root forum.

Sample
web.com/forum/index.php << root forum
web.com/new/index.php << my add new sub folder
Old 09 Sep 2010, 15:37

Can anyone explain how to use this approach to get an OScommerce installation (that lives outside the forums directory) to use vBulletin header/footer/navbar templates and usergroup permissions?

I have an OScommerce installation that I'd like to wrap with my vb header, navbar and footer template and have the user permissions tied in so that the header navigation that is displayed differs from usergroup to usergroup. I just can't figure out where to plug in some of the php code in the OScommerce files.
Old 13 Sep 2010, 11:11

I didn't get a thing . Is there some good tutorial ,step by step i mean.
Old 16 Sep 2010, 00:42

Originally Posted by genxstan View Post
I didn't get a thing . Is there some good tutorial ,step by step i mean.
you probably named something wrong. I had the same problem and realized that I had missed a TEST that I needed to rename, and that my template name needed to match the template call exactly, including case.

look very closely and make sure all the names match up to what they need to be. I just got this working nicely on 3.8.3
Old 18 Sep 2010, 18:05

ok so if i want to make this work outside of the forums directory, how do you change the navbits so it doesn't link back to the forum?

Last edited by BigJohnny; 18 Sep 2010 at 18:56.
Old 20 Oct 2010, 23:22

is there a way to use this and have a flash file run in the center on the custom page?
Old 20 Oct 2010, 23:40

sure, just make a table using vbulletins style variables so it has all the same style, then load your flash file wherever you want in that table.
Old 23 Oct 2010, 07:48

Hello,

I need to integrate header and footer of the my site in vBulletin.

Is there a way,I do not want to use iframes,neither want to use file_get_contents for getting the code.

Is there a way to do it neatly in vbulletin.
Old 23 Oct 2010, 13:35

you're reading an article on how to create a vbulletin powered page that uses the vbulletin header and footer.

Did you actually even read it or are you waiting for someone to take you by the hand and read it for you?
Old 24 Oct 2010, 09:13

Since the user is new (first post) your derisive reaction is quite uncalled for. Especially as it seems you may not have read his question. Taking him by the hand to go through this article won't help him, since this article does not do what he wants to achieve.

@demo.hidden: You should open your own thread to ask this question in an appropriate forum. This article does not cover your question, hence this thread not really is the place to ask this.

http://www.roma-antiqua.de
Old 24 Oct 2010, 22:53

I'm sorry, I didn't even realize he had only a single post. I don't even remember replying to this thread to be honest.
Old 10 Nov 2010, 14:26

is it possible to capture the output of an external script (maybe using include) and display it in the template? I need to assign some text to a variable and display it

thanks
Old 10 Nov 2010, 14:53

That's what the php part is for. Of course you can assign a value to a variable with php.

Old 01 Dec 2010, 06:13

Any help for vb 4.1.0 ?
Old 01 Dec 2010, 06:51

Originally Posted by sivaganeshk View Post
Any help for vb 4.1.0 ?
In a thread for vB3.x in the forum "vBulletin 3 Articles"? Probably not.

Try the vB4 version of this tutorial in the "vBulletin 4 Articles" forum: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=228112
It should work perfectly well with vB4.1