Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
[vBFoster Lite] With Attachments in Quick reply and Advanced Editor Details »
[vBFoster Lite] With Attachments in Quick reply and Advanced Editor
Developer Last Online: Jul 2015 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is currently quarantined.
vB Version: 4.1.6 Rating: (6 votes - 4.83 average) Installs: 38
Released: 27 Jul 2014 Last Update: 02 Aug 2014 Downloads: 167
Not Supported Uses Plugins Auto-Template Additional Files Translations  

We heard your voice, The most needed feature for the advanced quick reply is here for free !!

vBFoster Editor with many new features and vBFoster Attachments in quick reply and some other features is our newest version of vBFoster 1.1

Features List :

vBFoster Advanced Editor

A new improved editor, vBFoster Coming with the full features of CKEditor REPLACING the vBulletin Default Editor in all around the forumss, Anything you want to use in your replies you will have it starting from the paragraph styling and ending with inserting special characters like " vBFoster™ ", So let's take a deep look inside our improved new editor features.

Full Overview :

Supporting :

1- Quick Reply
2- Quick Edit
3- Members Profiles
4- Private Messages
5- Blogs
6- CMS

And any other area that displaying the editor, vBFoster will replace it with it's new improved one

IMPROVED New Editor - Features List :

1- Enhanced Source Editor
2- Print Post
3- Select All
4- Editor UI Color Picker
5- Inserting special characters into posts
6- Maximize the editor box
7- SubScript
8- SuperScript
9- Insert Horizontal Line
10- Add new table
11- Table properties
12- Delete Table
13- Insert Raw before
14- Insert Raw After
15- Delete Row/s
16- Insert Column before
17- Insert Column after
18- Delete Column/s
19- Find
20- Find and Replace
21- Powerful language spell checker as you go Supporting 16 Languages

Supported Languages :

1- American English
2- Brazilian Portuguese
3- British English
4- Canadian English
5- Canadian French
6- Danish
7- Dutch
8- Finnish
9- French
10- German
11- Greek
12- Italian
13- Norwegian
14- Portuguese
15- Spanish
16- Swedish

Additional Options :
1- Ignore All-Caps Words
2- Ignore Domain Names
3- Ignore Words with Mixed Case
4- Ignore Words with Numbers

vBFoster Attachments in Quick Reply

Another update to our vBFoster Advanced Editor, Today you will not need to move to the advanced editor any more, You can edit, attach, color and organize your reply from the quick reply box, It's really a time saver!

vBFoster Voting Zone

Voting zone : It's our newest feature that has been added after we finished the development however we decided to get this feature in our first release as I feel it's very important for some forums specially the discussion forums.

vBFoster have a unique new feature, Voting zone, Imagine if you have a sub-forum that when you create a new thread automatically add a new poll to this thread, Here's our idea go to vBFoster CP and go to voting zone and add your sub-forum voting zone id, So vBFoster will create a poll automatically to any new thread in this forum.

vBFoster User Bookmarks

Quick overview :

Many of us use the built in web browser "Bookmarks" But what's about get this feature in your forum ? Imagine that every member in your forum have his own bookmarks of your forum threads, He can view or remove any of them in anytime, Really nice feature which your member will love it

vBFoster PRO Version

There's much much more in vBFoster PRO, You just have some of our features, Take a quick look at vBFoster Pro - The Missing vBulletin Features : http://www.vbfoster.com/forums/showt...-Features-Tour

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1140
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	149892   Click image for larger version

Name:	lite1.jpg
Views:	1111
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	149893   Click image for larger version

Name:	lite2.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	149894   Click image for larger version

Name:	lite4.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	149895  

Show Your Support

• This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Show Thread Enhancements [CKEditor] MARCO1 Advanced Editor - Quick Reply & Quick Edit With Full Editor Control MARCO1 vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 469 20 May 2019 09:04

Comments
Old 27 Jul 2014, 20:49

Good to see you again vBulletin customers

If you would like to use vBFoster and you've one of my advanced editors modifications installed please remove it first

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=232730
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=264219

I'll send an update to all of who marked as installed
vBulletin 5 Alpha Team member.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 22:28

Thank you for updating/combining this mod! I was a little confused... got a message from vb about MARCO1 Advanced Quick Reply - Advanced Quick Edit - With Smiles!! being updated... but then couldnt find any updates. But found this new thread/new mod. Just a suggestion... add a comment a link to the old thread to get people here?!

Any idea/reason if this will work with 4.0.8? I'm heavily modded in 4.0.8 and have not yet gone through the upgrade cycle to 4.2.x
Old 27 Jul 2014, 23:10

Originally Posted by lemonadesoda View Post
Thank you for updating/combining this mod! I was a little confused... got a message from vb about MARCO1 Advanced Quick Reply - Advanced Quick Edit - With Smiles!! being updated... but then couldnt find any updates. But found this new thread/new mod. Just a suggestion... add a comment a link to the old thread to get people here?!

Any idea/reason if this will work with 4.0.8? I'm heavily modded in 4.0.8 and have not yet gone through the upgrade cycle to 4.2.x
Check the attachments images and the features list of the new editor and compare it with the version in your forum and you will know what's the updates

Unfortunate, CKEditor wasn't in vb4.0.8 it's started from 4.1.4 (As I remember), There's no huge modifications from vb4.0.8 to the latest version, I suggest you to upgrade you will not lose your modifications as there's no massive edits or updates to vbulletin codes.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 10:24

Great !

But, i can't see icones for new funtions into the editor. I see only blank icones !?
Old 28 Jul 2014, 11:46

Thank you for a fantastic modification! The below features are not showing on the quick reply, is this only for the paid version?

19- Find
20- Find and Replace
21- Powerful language spell checker as you go Supporting 16 Languages

I also have the Bookmarks under my Forum tab but I do not see anyway of how to place a bookmark there?
Old 28 Jul 2014, 12:17

The spell check appeared on one of my threads as a drop down but the find and find and replace is still gone. Also the bookmark option.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 13:49

I created a new thread and saw that the "add to bookmark" button was on my post. I would have thought that this would be on all threads because why would I want to bookmark my own thread?
Old 28 Jul 2014, 13:58

Thanks for the update. Please provide the following images they are missing

missing-1.jpg

Select All
Insert Special Character
Maximize
Find
Replace
Spell Check as you Type

Bookmark is missing as said above
Old 28 Jul 2014, 14:04

The spell check is the drop down box that you have in the second row, click on it. The other boxes are also blank for me, I dont know if there should be anything. The bookmark is only on your own threads and not other members threads. I do not have the options that you have next to the drop down spell checker?
Old 28 Jul 2014, 15:37

Ok now it appeared it on another thread a member opened. So the bookmark is on the first post of a thread and not at the bottom of a page like I assumed hahaha.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 15:53

Thanks for making a lite version of this. I'm sure a lot of people will find it useful.

You may want to consider releasing a separate version of the Remote Attachments Server part as I'm sure a lot of people with larger boards would be interested in this They would also love the ability to go directly to an Amazon S3 bucket, or other CDNs that can handle uploads
Old 28 Jul 2014, 17:51

Sorry for my late reply guys, I sure it's due to the different time zone

Originally Posted by kevius View Post
Great !

But, i can't see icones for new funtions into the editor. I see only blank icones !?
Got it, Please Re-download the attachments and re-upload all of the files again and it should work.

Originally Posted by blackberry View Post
Thanks for the update. Please provide the following images they are missing

Attachment 149900

Select All
Insert Special Character
Maximize
Find
Replace
Spell Check as you Type

Bookmark is missing as said above
Same thing Re-download the package and re-upload all of the files again no more.

Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
Ok now it appeared it on another thread a member opened. So the bookmark is on the first post of a thread and not at the bottom of a page like I assumed hahaha.

The bookmarks button only appears in the first post next to the edit post icon and it has a link in the navbar.

Originally Posted by tpearl5 View Post
Thanks for making a lite version of this. I'm sure a lot of people will find it useful.

You may want to consider releasing a separate version of the Remote Attachments Server part as I'm sure a lot of people with larger boards would be interested in this They would also love the ability to go directly to an Amazon S3 bucket, or other CDNs that can handle uploads
Thanks

I don't think that we will make a lite version of any of our big board features, We are currently have the following features specially for the big boards :

1- RAS System - Remote attachments server.
2- Multi-Site user login and registration.
3- Load balance and monitoring system.
4- CDN Manager.

And if we released all of them separately, It will cost you as a customer much more than the current price of vBFoster PRO, Because we've many features in vBFoster that's why we sell it as a package
Old 28 Jul 2014, 21:11

Thank you icons are back ...

One more issue .. I have disabled attachments in quick reply but it still shows...?

Last edited by blackberry; 28 Jul 2014 at 21:16.
Old 29 Jul 2014, 04:59

testing here.. thanks

Originally Posted by blackberry View Post
One more issue .. I have disabled attachments in quick reply but it still shows...?
same here

also attach a file in quick reply then post, previous attached file shows on new reply box after posting
@ attachlist_list2 - Not a problem with advanced editor as posting goes back to thread

also 'Post thankyou hack' image (thumb image) in postlinking has dissapeared, cant seem to get it back

also No Usergroup permissions?

Last edited by AURFSCAN; 29 Jul 2014 at 13:26. Reason: thought of other stuff to add