Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
vbTags - a web2.0 like tag thread hack for vbulletin 3.5 Details »
vbTags - a web2.0 like tag thread hack for vbulletin 3.5
Mod Version: 1.00, by devguru (Member) devguru is offline
Developer Last Online: Apr 2014 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.5.3 Rating: (3 votes - 3.67 average) Installs: 39
Released: 22 Apr 2006 Last Update: 22 Apr 2006 Downloads: 126
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Template Edits Additional Files Is in Beta Stage  

vbTags
=======
Description
-----------
Think of a tag as a simple category name or keyword search tech.
People can categorize your forum thread with any tag that makes sense.


Primary Features:
- AJAX Technology (no refreshing during tagging)
- Tag clouds
- autocomplete

Features list:

* Tag any thread with an unlimited number of tags(use spaces to separate tags,ajax with no refresh page,autocomplete)
* List all the tags associated with an thread
* List all threads tagged with a given tag
* List all users tagged with a given tag
* List top 5 tags associated with an thread in forumdisplay thread list
* Generate popular tag cloud or simple tag list in any period (1 day, 1 week, )
* Generate top tag contribution user cloud in any period (1 day, 1 week, )
* Generate my tag list in any period (1 day, 1 week, )
* Provides the means to dynamically navigate tags and see user tag intersections
......



Database Backups Recommended!
Although I have installed this script in a big forum for a month already, but I just test it in php5.
it IS recommended that you backup your database before installing this product!!

Details
-------
1 Product XML
3 PHP Script
1 css file
4 jscript file

Installation
------------
1) Upload all files in floder to your vbb forum
2) Import product-vbTags.xml
3) Edit the template(see readme.txt)


Usage
-----
Go to vBulletin Options / vbTags Settings to make your settings

If there are things missing from the documentation, please let me know!

P.S. Screenshots are included

auto tag tools
=======
Description
-----------

Synchronize thread_tag with thread's tag field


auto_tag.php:

-----------
you have to edit this file, include your database configure ,forum id and keywords

* auto tag thread with forum id and keywords
* auto tag condition: the thread's replycount>10,$config['views'] > 300


auto_tag_byuser.php

you have to edit this file, include your database configure ,user id and keywords

* auto tag thread with user id and username
* auto tag condition: the thread's replycount>30,$config['views'] > 900

Enjoy

- Tony Li

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	tag_threadlist.JPG
Views:	1685
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	46261   Click image for larger version

Name:	tag_showthread.JPG
Views:	1315
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	46262   Click image for larger version

Name:	tag_forumdisplay.JPG
Views:	1354
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	46263   Click image for larger version

Name:	tag_forumhome.JPG
Views:	1152
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	46264  

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Web2.0 Flags aldian Miscellaneous Images 8 23 May 2010 02:06
Board Optimization Thread submission mod : VBtags.com : Get major backlinks!! AMD_Warrior vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 40 18 Apr 2008 15:34

Comments
  #2  
Old 22 Apr 2006, 10:26
Feckie (Roger)'s Avatar
Feckie (Roger) Feckie (Roger) is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Real name: Roger
Clicks Install
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 22 Apr 2006, 10:27
devguru devguru is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Originally Posted by Feckie (Roger)
Clicks Install
thank your interesting , look forward to your suggestion and respond

Last edited by devguru; 22 Apr 2006 at 10:37.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 22 Apr 2006, 11:26
q8-star's Avatar
q8-star q8-star is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Real name: Khaled
It sound great ,but ,isn't that the same as Thread prefix ,or at least similar to it ?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 22 Apr 2006, 11:43
devguru devguru is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Originally Posted by q8-star
It sound great ,but ,isn't that the same as Thread prefix ,or at least similar to it ?
It's certainly different, you can learn more about tags from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tags


A tag is a keyword which acts like a subject or category. A keyword is used to organize webpages and objects on the Internet. Each user "tags" a webpage or image using his/her own unique tag. An image or webpage may have multiple tags that identify it. Webpages and images with identical tags are then linked together and users may use the tag to search for similar webpages and images.


Usage

Tags can be used to specify properties of an object that are not obvious to the object itself. Tags can be used to find objects with similar properties or to organize objects.

Tags are often used in social software and Web 2.0 pages. The method of allowing open categorization of the Internet is often referred to as Folksonomy.

Bookmark Tags are used in Flock (web browser) and will surface in Firefox 2.0

Popular websites that use Tags

* Del.icio.us [1] - A social bookmarking site that allows users to bookmark many sites and then tag them with many descriptive words allowing other people to search by those terms to find pages that other people found useful. See Also: Social bookmarking
* Gmail [2] - A popular web-mail site that was one of the first to allow categorization of objects using tags, known as "labels" on emails.
* Flickr [3] - A service that allows users to tag images with many specific nouns, verbs, and adjectives which describe the picture. This is then searchable. See Also: Metadata#Image metadata
* Basecamp [4] - A project collaboration service that allows users working on projects to tag portions of their work making it easy to find data.

...


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tags
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 22 Apr 2006, 12:28
michaelbenson's Avatar
michaelbenson michaelbenson is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Real name: Michael Benson
Perfect, i have been requesting and looking for a tagging system for vBulletin ever since vBulletin 3.5 began in development. Judging by the screenshots it looks just as fluent and intergrated as any blog tagging system would be.

/me installs.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 22 Apr 2006, 12:29
q8-star's Avatar
q8-star q8-star is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Real name: Khaled
Originally Posted by devguru
It's certainly different, you can learn more about tags from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tags


A tag is a keyword which acts like a subject or category. A keyword is used to organize webpages and objects on the Internet. Each user "tags" a webpage or image using his/her own unique tag. An image or webpage may have multiple tags that identify it. Webpages and images with identical tags are then linked together and users may use the tag to search for similar webpages and images.


Usage

Tags can be used to specify properties of an object that are not obvious to the object itself. Tags can be used to find objects with similar properties or to organize objects.

Tags are often used in social software and Web 2.0 pages. The method of allowing open categorization of the Internet is often referred to as Folksonomy.

Bookmark Tags are used in Flock (web browser) and will surface in Firefox 2.0

Popular websites that use Tags

* Del.icio.us [1] - A social bookmarking site that allows users to bookmark many sites and then tag them with many descriptive words allowing other people to search by those terms to find pages that other people found useful. See Also: Social bookmarking
* Gmail [2] - A popular web-mail site that was one of the first to allow categorization of objects using tags, known as "labels" on emails.
* Flickr [3] - A service that allows users to tag images with many specific nouns, verbs, and adjectives which describe the picture. This is then searchable. See Also: Metadata#Image metadata
* Basecamp [4] - A project collaboration service that allows users working on projects to tag portions of their work making it easy to find data.

...


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tags
Well thanks ,I might reconsider this hack again now .
Thanks for the help again ...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 22 Apr 2006, 12:39
bashy bashy is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
HI

I have installed...

the tags i have just added are showing 2 xx for removing the tags

Also the text on the foruhome is way too big... sime in the tag page as well

EDIT....I take it this is what the clod thingy is for in the options

Also All the time, should be All Time

Also i feel that Today This week All Time should be in a cell of its own and along side the actual tags?

Also the username in the postbit is far too big

Could you please address these for me?
__________________
Bashy

Bashys Place ~ Bashys Hosting

Last edited by bashy; 22 Apr 2006 at 13:17.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 22 Apr 2006, 14:02
Snake's Avatar
Snake Snake is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Cleveland, OH
Real name: Josh
Nicey!

/me clicks on install
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 22 Apr 2006, 14:18
bashy bashy is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
If you have forums for certain usergroups only and you set a tag in that forum it shows the tag and the thread to everyone

Please can this be address ASAP?
__________________
Bashy

Bashys Place ~ Bashys Hosting
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 22 Apr 2006, 15:01
AlexanderT's Avatar
AlexanderT AlexanderT is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
That's a great addition! I haven't updated to 3.5x yet, but once I will, this is going to be my first hack to be installed!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 22 Apr 2006, 16:18
devguru devguru is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Originally Posted by bashy
HI

I have installed...

the tags i have just added are showing 2 xx for removing the tags
two [x] [x] is because your are tag owner and admin. if you are admin, you can have [x] in all the tags . other people can't see two [x] [x] . And thanks your mention I will merge them if you are admin.

Originally Posted by bashy
Also the text on the foruhome is way too big... sime in the tag page as well
The font is too big, because tags is too little, and all the tags is in top level.

Originally Posted by bashy
EDIT....I take it this is what the clod thingy is for in the options
You can edit tag.css from time to time as your tags number increase.

Originally Posted by bashy
Also All the time, should be All Time
thanks you point, i will correct it.

Originally Posted by bashy
Also i feel that Today This week All Time should be in a cell of its own and along side the actual tags?
I am not sure where to put these links, do you have any good suggestion?

Originally Posted by bashy
Also the username in the postbit is far too big
I will check it.

Originally Posted by bashy
Could you please address these for me?
Sure... tonight , I will update the version.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 22 Apr 2006, 16:19
devguru devguru is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Originally Posted by bashy
If you have forums for certain usergroups only and you set a tag in that forum it shows the tag and the thread to everyone

Please can this be address ASAP?
Stand by, I will resovle this probrem today.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 22 Apr 2006, 16:19
devguru devguru is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Originally Posted by Lil Ripsta
Nicey!

* Lil Ripsta clicks on install
Thanks, do you unistall it , any probrem do you want to address ?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 22 Apr 2006, 16:23
bashy bashy is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Hi devguru..

Thanks for addressing the few issues

As for the Today This week All Time i think even above the tags and in its own cell would be better
__________________
Bashy

Bashys Place ~ Bashys Hosting
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 20:46.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: