Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Links and Downloads Manager Details »
Links and Downloads Manager
Developer Last Online: Apr 2010 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.6.x Rating: (81 votes - 4.79 average) Installs: 659
Released: 19 Jun 2006 Last Update: 04 Feb 2008 Downloads: 8665
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Additional Files Translations  

Version 2.3.0 of LDM is now the official release. This works with both VB3.7 and VB3.8. You can obtain it here

Version 2.2.8 remains available here, with limited support.

04.02.08: patch-cat.xml 'extra' uploaded - see first post for information

27.10.07: Version 2.2.8-post1 uploaded
French translation of product installer uploaded (other language translations are in the main release zip)

Remember to back up your current database tables before upgrading.

What this is and does

LDM is a general-purpose link and file manager, which handles user uploads and downloads in a flexible way. A range of media players is integrated into LDM and others are included as plugin extras. LDM is described below in the first post of this thread, which also contains a brief list of the currently-known bugs.

This release of LDM works correctly with all VB versions 3.6.x and recent versions of vbadvanced.

Documentation, screen shots, etc, are provided as a Wiki at http://www.eirma.org/wikis/index.php...nloads_Manager

Thank you to everyone who has tested, given suggestions, helped with the translations, etc.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Major Additions Links and Downloads Manager AndrewD vBulletin 3.7 Add-ons 2047 26 Jun 2016 22:11
Links and Downloads Manager AndrewD vBulletin 3.5 Add-ons 2467 08 Apr 2010 17:24
Mini Mods [YouTube] Integration with Links & Downloads Manager (LDM 2.2.6) |oR|Greg vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 41 26 Nov 2008 15:56

Old 08 Aug 2008, 15:49

Hi,

I'm using vBulletin 3.7.2 and LDM 2.2.9. Even when I've given myself enough allowance in the Admin CP, I get the following error when I upload a file:

"Upload error - configuration problem - unable to create a user subdirectory on server"

Please advice. Thanks..
Old 09 Aug 2008, 03:49

Originally Posted by ritunb View Post
Hi,

I'm using vBulletin 3.7.2 and LDM 2.2.9. Even when I've given myself enough allowance in the Admin CP, I get the following error when I upload a file:

"Upload error - configuration problem - unable to create a user subdirectory on server"

Please advice. Thanks..
May be a long shot, but are your server directory permissions setup correctly?
Old 18 Aug 2008, 20:21

Thumbnails

Hai andrew

Thumbnails for picture uploads not shown. how to automatically do that ?
Old 25 Sep 2008, 16:54

Originally Posted by AndrewD View Post
The file local_links_init.php is contained in the includes/ subdirectory of the release zipfile and uploaded into the forums/includes/ subdirectory.

Open the file using a text editor and find these lines:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

You need to replace the line

by the correct directory path to your web site, e.g.:

You can generally figure out what is your '/data/www-root/mysite' by going to your vbulletin/admincp/maintenance/php info page, and taking a look at the listing. I can't easily tell you what line to look for, as I do not have a windows-based IIS server available.

If you have problems with this, send me a PM with site details and a username/password for an account with admin privs on your board, and I'll take a look myself.
A quick note: the hosted Windows server we use does define DOCUMENT_ROOT but does so incorrectly (for this purpose) so I found I had to comment out the whole of the if ($_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"]) code except the required line - e.g.

On our Windows server (I don't know if this is the same for others) the _SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT" variable found in the "View PHP Info" section of the vB control Panel gives the path to \admincp\index.php so just removing that part of the path gives you the full path to the forum home directory on that server which is what you need to enter for the definition of LDM_DOCUMENT_ROOT.
Old 16 Oct 2008, 17:17

Does anyone have something for this I can use with vbadvanced?
Old 17 Nov 2008, 18:49

I have installed it however when I use the snap plugin to create a preview of a link I get this error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_url_atag() in /var/www/html/includes/local_links_include.php(3567) : eval()'d code on line 5
Old 23 Nov 2008, 09:42

Max Upload size problem

Hai

i went to my vps control panel and set teh max upload size from 2 to 4 mb and restarted the vps server. but still the LDM Shows the max upload limit is 2mb.
i can upload my 3 mb 3gp files.

* Max post size was 8MB by default.

pls tell the solution.
Thank you for the wonderfull mod.
Old 02 Dec 2008, 10:10

I use vB 3.8.0 Beta 4 and LDM doesn't work. Will it work only with Version 2.3.0 ???
Release-time ???

thx
Old 06 Dec 2008, 13:30

Hi Andrew,

Recently I had to update my Wimpy Mp3 player to get it working with Flash 10. The problem now is that it shows "demo" when I use the LDM Wimpy addon. Is there any way around this. Is there another file that needs to be uploaded?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers

Clancy
Old 29 Dec 2008, 03:04

I added a new usergroup and gave it the permession to download, the links are there but aren't clickable so downloading isn't possibile, can someone help me?
Old 03 Feb 2009, 01:29

Help. I have racked my brain for hours. Users can't upload. There is no Add Entry Button. Users have permissions, however I still dont get a button to Add an entry. What could it be?

I Use VB 3.8.1
Old 03 Feb 2009, 01:50

ok i figured out that for some reason, my users can't upload when i have a synchronization on. I would like users to upload to the synched up directories. Is that possible?
Old 28 Feb 2009, 05:21

Hi could someone please tell me how to make the links in alphabetical order without having to click on date created: ascending. In one of my catergories i have 100 files and they aren't in order.

Thanks.
Old 21 Mar 2009, 17:08

Hi,
Can anyone tell me why or if this is an option to change when a PDF is downloaded from the links and downloads manager it actually has the name of the file as the default saving option. Right now its local_links.pdf. It opens in the browser and then if you click on disk to save that is the file name.

Thanks

Last edited by jpietrowiak; 21 Mar 2009 at 17:48.
Old 23 Mar 2009, 08:06

Compatable with vb 3.8.1 Patch Level 1 yet?

Any word if this hack works on vb 3.8.1 Patch Level 1 yet?

Thanks,
Sean