Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 17 May 2006, 13:28
Xenon's Avatar
Xenon Xenon is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Real name: Stefan Kaeser
Originally Posted by LiveWire
I hope no one thinks badly about me now, but I was just trying to express how I felt.
Let me say, i question your methods, but apart from that i have had always a good contact to you, and hope that this will go on. So let's move on!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 17 May 2006, 13:36
Ohiosweetheart Ohiosweetheart is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Real name: Peggy
Originally Posted by LiveWire
With that said Wayne, I will return to help and support the community with what you guys have taught me in the past. I feel that my thread had arose some major hell and I feel bad for it. I hope no one thinks badly about me now, but I was just trying to express how I felt. Anyways, I'm happy to hear that this is taking place and I would like to help in anyway possiable. I'll start with releasing and supporting my hacks again.
no bad feelings at all! On the contrary, your thread helped to bring about real change here. I, for one, am glad you spoke out.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 17 May 2006, 13:39
Ranma2k Ranma2k is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Real name: Waiel
well i hope this will improve everything around here
one thing for sure i'll will still support who ever need any
__________________
My Hacks : Vb image host 3.5.x | vb image host 3.6.x |vBJirc
Other hacks on progress : Thinking in progress ..
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 17 May 2006, 14:07
Snake's Avatar
Snake Snake is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Cleveland, OH
Real name: Josh
I'd love to help the other members in here so no worries, Master!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 17 May 2006, 14:13
Iain M's Avatar
Iain M Iain M is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Real name: Iain
good post

i help out when i can
__________________
If I've helped you, click the little icon at the top right of this post =]
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 17 May 2006, 15:09
noppid noppid is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
That is pure crap and you know it Wayne.

I'm the man that your so called community of so called helpful staff ganged up on and removed the work of because of one line of code once. I can cite many other examples of your staff acting like jerks with your support. Shall I go on?

Don't shove down my throat that we need to act a certain way. You and your staff have set the tone by example. Your little post there will do nothing to change things here. You have to change first and your posts make it clear that will never happen.

You come out of the wood work when your little henchmen fail to clean up their messes and it happens too frequently. Either get invoilved everyday, or get out completely. Your form of management has failed the ORG time and time again.

Please stop it with your community concern, your care about your little click and their self serving opportunities only.
__________________
Add a photo gallery garage to your auto forum and get noticed by your members. Find out how at the vBulletin Computer Help Forum.
An informed rider makes their first destination the motorcycle forum at rider info.

Last edited by noppid; 17 May 2006 at 15:29.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 17 May 2006, 15:29
Marco van Herwaarden Marco van Herwaarden is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Noppid, on all levels (Jelsoft/Staff/Coders/regular members) people are working at the moment to find suggestions to make some radical changes to make this a better place in the future.

I am sure your suggestions will be taken into consideration when things are discussed.
__________________
Marco van Herwaarden
Ex vBulletin.org Coordinator
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 17 May 2006, 15:52
Wayne Luke's Avatar
Wayne Luke Wayne Luke is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Real name: Wayne
I am not managing this site and I never have. I am a liaison between this site and Jelsoft. I help to pass information both ways. If people have a problem with the staff, then they need to contact me directly.

If an addon is removed, it is because it was determined to be in the best interest of Jelsoft's customers as a whole. If you felt that was unjust then you should have made your case directly to me and explained why instead of doing nothing but complaining on the site. It is as simple as that.

The direct management of the site is run by the volunteers here. The goal was and still is to build a community. Something which never really happened here. Otherwise there wouldn't be arguments in this thread. It wasn't some sort of demand and I feel those complaining in this thread didn't read the entire thing.

Quite frankly if you are that dissatisfied with the site Noppid, I would prefer that you not participate at all instead of doing nothing but spreading hatred and vitriole. It is time for people to let the past go and rebuild for the future.
__________________
Wayne Luke
Get started with your own social network. Purchase and download vBulletin today.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 17 May 2006, 15:53
noppid noppid is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Angry

Originally Posted by MarcoH64
Noppid, on all levels (Jelsoft/Staff/Coders/regular members) people are working at the moment to find suggestions to make some radical changes to make this a better place in the future.

I am sure your suggestions will be taken into consideration when things are discussed.
I long ago stopped making suggestions after being told the same thing many times in the past, sir. That is why myself and many other's have resorted to this form of force change by embarressment tactic I'd venture to guess.

It serves two purposes, we vent and maybe get an importantant message out. I will say that the ORG has been very indulgent in entertaining it. However, our tactics nor anyone in any branch of the internal staff have been able to reign in the young and arrogant within your organization. You can be certain we play off those attitudes as I noted in my post to Wayne.

So I will not hold my breath while the internal wheels turn. I've seen the tread wearing for a long time on that wheel.

Thank you for the polite reply.

Originally Posted by Wayne Luke
I am not managing this site and I never have. I am a liaison between this site and Jelsoft. I help to pass information both ways. If people have a problem with the staff, then they need to contact me directly.

If an addon is removed, it is because it was determined to be in the best interest of Jelsoft's customers as a whole. If you felt that was unjust then you should have made your case directly to me and explained why instead of doing nothing but complaining on the site. It is as simple as that.

The direct management of the site is run by the volunteers here. The goal was and still is to build a community. Something which never really happened here. Otherwise there wouldn't be arguments in this thread. It wasn't some sort of demand and I feel those complaining in this thread didn't read the entire thing.

Quite frankly if you are that dissatisfied with the site Noppid, I would prefer that you not participate at all instead of doing nothing but spreading hatred and vitriole. It is time for people to let the past go and rebuild for the future.
Well, coming in and micro managing is not something you do well. A simple search will prove that.

Don't make this about me. That is the pinicle of this whole mess Wanye and when you pick on me personally, you are part of the problem. I have an obligation to pick on you and will continue to exercise it as long as I feel you do a lousy job.

As for staying away, that statement makes it obvious that you are not involved enough in the operations you are responsible to Jelsoft for. If you were doing your job, you'd know I don't hang out here.

So do us all a favor, like I said in the first post, lead by example and clean up your act. If you are supposed to be a liaison, at least take the initiative to know what you are working with rather then come in here once every three months or so to put out a fire while you have no idea of the big picture. Treat everyone with respect, even if they disagree with you.

You can't really upset me much more then you have in the past. I deal with it fine. But if you want to make me your huckleberry, have at it. I can take it.

However, this being your house, I don't expect you to allow it. It's more likely you'll follow suite of those that took their ball and left by removing the topic at some point.

But have no fear, I've wasted enough time on this matter and will move on. I just wanted the historical foot note.

Good luck.
__________________
Add a photo gallery garage to your auto forum and get noticed by your members. Find out how at the vBulletin Computer Help Forum.
An informed rider makes their first destination the motorcycle forum at rider info.

Last edited by noppid; 17 May 2006 at 16:03. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 17 May 2006, 16:24
Marco van Herwaarden Marco van Herwaarden is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Noppid, if you have problems with how a Moderator handles something, you put your case in the hands of an Admin.
If you feel that the Admins are also not listening to you, contact the Jelsoft liason, ie Wayne.
If you have complaints about him, contact his boss, ie. Kier.

Please stop fighting out your personal historical differences on the board. Especially if been asked to keep this thread dedicated to positive input to change things for the better in the future.

You state you don't hang out here anymore, if that is the case, then i don't see why you feel so strong about making points in a thread about the future of this site.
__________________
Marco van Herwaarden
Ex vBulletin.org Coordinator
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 17 May 2006, 17:14
Gaskell's Avatar
Gaskell Gaskell is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Real name: Anth
*Goes back to the original post*

I'm new to vB.org, and struggled with basic HTML when I tried learning it. I dont even want to attempt PHP with my lack of knowledge of everything else. However, I like to think that people here do help others.

Even with no coding knowledge, I can install a hack/modification and get it working. I can put all of the files in the right place and then work out how to actually use the mod. That is better than some fresh newbies to the software, so if someone asks something that sounds stupid and "n00bish" to the coders, I will actually help out, even if it means actually installing a hack that I wouldnt use on a test site, just to be friendly. We were all in the same boat at some time in our pasts, so it feels right to go full cycle (being new getting help, learning from others, learning to code, making the first mod then helping others who are new to the game).

As has been said (I think), communities help each other and this is a community.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 17 May 2006, 18:42
joeychgo's Avatar
joeychgo joeychgo is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Real name: Joey
Originally Posted by MarcoH64
Noppid, if you have problems with how a Moderator handles something, you put your case in the hands of an Admin.
If you feel that the Admins are also not listening to you, contact the Jelsoft liason, ie Wayne.
If you have complaints about him, contact his boss, ie. Kier.

Please stop fighting out your personal historical differences on the board. Especially if been asked to keep this thread dedicated to positive input to change things for the better in the future.

You state you don't hang out here anymore, if that is the case, then i don't see why you feel so strong about making points in a thread about the future of this site.
Originally Posted by Wayne Luke

Quite frankly if you are that dissatisfied with the site Noppid, I would prefer that you not participate at all instead of doing nothing but spreading hatred and vitriole. It is time for people to let the past go and rebuild for the future.

Marco - Wayne - The tone and attitude in your posts is a big part of what I think is the problem around here. You just told Noppid to keep his opinions to himself because it doesnt fit in what you want to accomplish.

This is exactly the kind of attitude that is making .org into something people are complaining about. Instead of trying to mend fences, your telling him his opinion isnt important. How does that help?

Is this how you felt when LiveWire made his original post?

I am not trying to jump on you guys, I am only trying to illustrate what I see as one of the problems. Instead, I want to suggest that you ask yourself why Noppid and others feel this way.
__________________
Lincoln vs Cadillac Forums -

Last edited by joeychgo; 17 May 2006 at 18:47.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 17 May 2006, 18:59
Guest190829
Guest
 
Originally Posted by joeychgo
Marco - Wayne - The tone and attitude in your posts is a big part of what I think is the problem around here. You just told Noppid to keep his opinions to himself because it doesnt fit in what you want to accomplish.

This is exactly the kind of attitude that is making .org into something people are complaining about. Instead of trying to mend fences, your telling him his opinion isnt important. How does that help?

Is this how you felt when LiveWire made his original post?

I am not trying to jump on you guys, I am only trying to illustrate what I see as one of the problems. Instead, I want to suggest that you ask yourself why Noppid and others feel this way.

I belive it's more of the fact that it is not on topic with this thread. From what I can see, Noppids problems seem to be on a personal level, rather than on a global level (like the current issues raised), however, as I don't know the full story, I'm not permitted to make any judgements or statements. Noppid, as Marco pointed out, there is a hierarchy of whom you can contact if you feel you are being treated unfairly.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 17 May 2006, 19:13
joeychgo's Avatar
joeychgo joeychgo is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Real name: Joey
Originally Posted by Danny.VBT
I belive it's more of the fact that it is not on topic with this thread. From what I can see, Noppids problems seem to be on a personal level, rather than on a global level (like the current issues raised), however, as I don't know the full story, I'm not permitted to make any judgements or statements. Noppid, as Marco pointed out, there is a hierarchy of whom you can contact if you feel you are being treated unfairly.
Well, dont you think this could have been handled in PM instead of publically slapping him down - twice?

See, it makes people afraid to say whats really on their mind. Not only Noppid, but also others that might read. Livewire felt it necessary to make the statement - "I hope no one thinks badly about me now, but I was just trying to express how I felt." - These are all indicators.

Im not trying to jump on the staff or anyone else here. I am only trying to illustrate what I see as one of the problems.
__________________
Lincoln vs Cadillac Forums -
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 17 May 2006, 20:14
SaN-DeeP's Avatar
SaN-DeeP SaN-DeeP is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
good post wayne
Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 17:36.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: