Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01 Jun 2006, 09:23
vBintense's Avatar
vBintense vBintense is offline
 
Join Date: May 2005
A vBSpace solution

I know myself I am in need of one, and willing to code one. (for local hosted)

So unless someone else wants to jump on this (as a free local solution) I will be working on one.

With luck it would be nice if a few joined in and worked together.

Ps. This thread is not to discuss other options that may be coming out, this is about a local solution for what many have been waiting for (to be released on vb.org.)

Today I have been working on the framework for the database of it.

Edited to add:We do not want to talk donations, money or about the other add on that was to be out...... please keep it on the topic. Thanks.
__________________
Work Hard, Play Harder.
Happy Clients Client 1

Last edited by vBintense; 10 Jun 2006 at 15:21. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  #2  
Old 01 Jun 2006, 22:57
Stangsta's Avatar
Stangsta Stangsta is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
We already have my myspace hack.....I have plans to build on it and turn it into a product and EASY for the end user (admin) to configure with modules. I have a team ready to work on it
  #3  
Old 01 Jun 2006, 23:13
SuperFly SuperFly is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Real name: Walker
I have rebuilt the usercp, and was in works of a plugin to add it and possibly more....so im in.
  #4  
Old 01 Jun 2006, 23:19
Stangsta's Avatar
Stangsta Stangsta is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Originally Posted by SuperFly
I have rebuilt the usercp, and was in works of a plugin to add it and possibly more....so im in.
Maybe as an addon module as opposed to default? People like myself either have no need for the usercp hack OR want it to do something else.
  #5  
Old 01 Jun 2006, 23:23
SuperFly SuperFly is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Real name: Walker
Originally Posted by Stangsta
Maybe as an addon module as opposed to default? People like myself either have no need for the usercp hack OR want it to do something else.
True, but on top of that, i have some ideas and some small myspace type projects i was looking into like searching - special music band section and others...not gonna say all as im too.....yep said too much
  #6  
Old 01 Jun 2006, 23:26
Stangsta's Avatar
Stangsta Stangsta is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Originally Posted by SuperFly
True, but on top of that, i have some ideas and some small myspace type projects i was looking into like searching - special music band section and others...not gonna say all as im too.....yep said too much
Whatever the ideas, remember to keep them simple and user friendly. We dont want it to be a duplicate of myspace, but we want it to have the features and more.
  #7  
Old 01 Jun 2006, 23:28
SuperFly SuperFly is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Real name: Walker
Originally Posted by Stangsta
Whatever the ideas, remember to keep them simple and user friendly. We dont want it to be a duplicate of myspace, but we want it to have the features and more.
Basically the user friendly front of Vbulletin, but more features and customization like Myspace.
  #8  
Old 01 Jun 2006, 23:43
rabidkevin rabidkevin is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
i support this collaboration!! lets see a simple, to the point, feature rich product that we can install in to our current VB systems! If we need a donation pool for you folks to work on this, just lemme know where and how much
  #9  
Old 01 Jun 2006, 23:45
Shaliza Shaliza is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
I'm interested in this. I don't think it should be a myspace clone either, but more like an advanceed version of vB.
  #10  
Old 01 Jun 2006, 23:46
vBintense's Avatar
vBintense vBintense is offline
 
Join Date: May 2005
Well , at this time it seems there will be 2 projects going lol
__________________
Work Hard, Play Harder.
Happy Clients Client 1
  #11  
Old 01 Jun 2006, 23:47
ericgtr's Avatar
ericgtr ericgtr is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
I don't see any reason this can't be implemented as well. Stangsta, your mod is nice (I've even installed it) but it requires a long time to install and integrates a bunch of other mods that I didn't necessarily want to install. At this point, it's not very simple.

Ideally, you guys could work together on this project, who knows what the possibilities are when you get all these great ideas under one umbrella. Either way I look forward to this.
  #12  
Old 01 Jun 2006, 23:54
Stangsta's Avatar
Stangsta Stangsta is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Originally Posted by ericgtr
I don't see any reason this can't be implemented as well. Stangsta, your mod is nice (I've even installed it) but it requires a long time to install and integrates a bunch of other mods that I didn't necessarily want to install. At this point, it's not very simple.

Ideally, you guys could work together on this project, who knows what the possibilities are when you get all these great ideas under one umbrella. Either way I look forward to this.
You are right, it is a cumbersome install. Version 2 will have an EASY install. And will give you options of which modules you want to use via radio buttons the adminCP. This way, you can pick and choose the options that you want the users to have.

Im all for working with a team of professionals who are serious about working on this project and have the experience necessary to bring together a quality product where everyone wins.
  #13  
Old 01 Jun 2006, 23:55
vBintense's Avatar
vBintense vBintense is offline
 
Join Date: May 2005
What is the ETA on yours ? Mine I have hopes of some beta in a week.
__________________
Work Hard, Play Harder.
Happy Clients Client 1
  #14  
Old 02 Jun 2006, 00:00
Krahl Krahl is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Speaking as solely an end user, I would love to see a primary modification which could then have EASY TO INSTALL modules. Along the lines of how vBadvanced CMPS works.

If everyone who is planning to do something "myspace'ish" could work together to build a basic engine that would have hooks for future modules, that would seem to be the best of all worlds.

Regardless, I would like to sincerely thank those of you who are moving this forward for the community.

Krahl
  #15  
Old 02 Jun 2006, 00:02
Stangsta's Avatar
Stangsta Stangsta is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Originally Posted by vBintense
What is the ETA on yours ? Mine I have hopes of some beta in a week.
Im not going to provide an ETA. No need to raise false hopes on deadlines. Not to mention the amount of features that I plan on implimenting will take more than a week to have a beta. Good luck.

If you want to work together, we can do that too. I just want the community to get what they want, Im not concerned about fame or $$$.
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 20:11.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: