Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
vB Ad Management 4 Details »
vB Ad Management 4
Developer Last Online: Aug 2015 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.6.8 Rating: (191 votes - 4.70 average) Installs: 1789
Released: 09 Nov 2006 Last Update: 13 Dec 2007 Downloads: 14484
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Template Edits Auto-Template Additional Files  

What does it do?

Features include global settings, advertisements allowing template conditionals, ad sharing and ad revenue sharing, timed advertisements, preset popular ad locations and functions such as sponsors, additional custom ad locations, random and static advertisements and its all very easy to use. You can use it for ordinary ads like adsense, banner rotations, or any content at all as well as using it to manage ads outside your forum too.

You can read in more detail about these and other features in the manual, which also contains some helpful notes and instructions, as well as the installation and upgrade instructions

If you are using autoinsertion and were using vB Ad Management before version 4.00, you will need to remove your old template edits or advertisements will appear multiple times. Just reverse the old instructions below.

* Find <!-- post $post[postid] popup menu --> and paste $postbit_advertisement above it in your postbit & postbit_legacy templates.
* Paste $forumbit_advertisement at the bottom of your forumhome_forumbit_level1_post and forumhome_forumbit_level2_post templates.
* Paste $threadbit_advertisement at the bottom of your threadbit template.
* Paste $footer_advertisement at the top of your footer template.
* Find $spacer_close in your footer template and below it paste $rightcolumn_advertisement.
* Find &nbsp; in your header template and replace it with $header_advertisement.
* Find $spacer_open in your header template and below it paste $leftcolumn_advertisement.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Add-On Releases vB Ad Management V.2.2 tfusion Modification Graveyard 13 24 Jun 2007 23:33
vb Ad Management RedTyger vBulletin 3.5 Add-ons 42 09 May 2007 15:39

Old 25 Dec 2007, 03:24

hi,

i'm newbie here and confuse to use vb ad management 4.

1. is it possible to add 2 column or more at left column ... or add 2,3 column at right column?
- if possible

a) how to do it and where. What's the steps one by one. i'm very new with vbulletin.

2. is this compatible with ultimate side column ? or i dont need anymore ultimate side column if i use vb ad management ?

i've been looking all over the place still didn't find answer and currently very blur.

Thanks a lot for any answer.

Last edited by DuitFX; 25 Dec 2007 at 05:08.
Old 25 Dec 2007, 07:41

Originally Posted by pnd View Post
try

$leftcolumn_advertisement
<br>
<br> doesnt seem to work. They are still next to each other just not even (the second column is a little lower then first but not under

Last edited by kronnos; 25 Dec 2007 at 08:19.
Old 25 Dec 2007, 11:27

I use this which works for me:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Works for me
Old 25 Dec 2007, 18:01

Originally Posted by pnd View Post
try

<br>
With this code, the advertisements you put in the ad code block will appear twice. The idea was to have 2 different ads appear one after the other.

Originally Posted by tekguru View Post
I use this which works for me:

Works for me
I don't know if that really works, but it certainly is broken code. vBulletin is valid XHTML Transitional. Nothing a hack or style does should break that. The code you posted above does.

If you want 2 different ads to fall in-line vertically, the easiest code to use is this in the ad code block (you don't need to edit the templates):

If you want 2 different ads to appear in-line horizontally, use this code:

If you use rotating ads and still want 2 ads to show at once, place your separator (the default separator is the vertical bar "|") between the sets of double ads - each set consists of a [first ad code] and [second ad code]. It might appear like this for a vertical ad:

That would produce 3 different sets of ads as long as the ad code you used was different for each ad. That doesn't mean you have to have 6 different ads (or however many repeats you make). You can use the same ad code more than once, but have it appear on top in one view and on bottom in the other.

If centering the ads are an issue for you, the easiest solution for that is with this code used for each of the examples above:

As you can see, I left out the <br /> in the vertical code. Using DIVs causes an automatic line break similar to using <br />. However, if you find the ads appear to touch each other and that might confuse the user, or be against the TOS of the advertiser, you can add the <br /> after the first set of DIVs:

All of this code depends a great deal on the code you are supplied by your advertiser. That code may already contain centering or table/div structure. My experience with most advertisers though, is they don't really care if their code is valid and they don't really care about how it affects your users, as long as it gives them an advertisement that someone will click on. I often times find myself having to fix the rendering code of the advertisement or asking the advertiser to do something about the code script that makes page loads slow to a crawl. But of course, that doesn't have anything to do with this particular discussion.

While I'm here: The terminology is ad=advertisement add=mathematic function

Jim
PS: Merry Christmas
Old 25 Dec 2007, 18:17

Well yes I know the code posted was a bit iffy as a snippet, but I was trying to show that using <br /> works.

However you recommend using DIV instead of using seperate aligned tables?
Old 25 Dec 2007, 18:25

In any case I have changed the tables over to using the DIV tag instead which seems to load much quicker. You can see it in use here: www.4winmobile.com.

Thanks for that!
Old 25 Dec 2007, 19:58

Well yes I know the code posted was a bit iffy as a snippet, but I was trying to show that using <br /> works.
DON'T post "iffy" code, post code you are sure will work. People who know nothing about code will copy your code and use it, then come back here with more problems than they started out with.

However you recommend using DIV instead of using seperate aligned tables?
Table code, if done properly, requires you to use at least:

All that code adds weight to the page and also gives search engine spiders a lot more to wade through to get to your content. Keeping it simple, while still adhering to valid code standards, lets you reduce the code to:

However, you can't just put DIVs willy-nilly anywhere you want. You do have to be cognizant of the code surrounding the DIVs. For instance, you canNOT do this:

You CAN put DIVs within <td></td> and you can put DIVs before or after the table structure. It's always a good idea to check the validity of the code using the w3 Validator ( http://validator.w3.org/ ), but if your pages are already screwed up with poorly coded hacks, modifications and style code, you will have a lot of work ahead to fix it all. The page you linked to has 159 errors. I would be asking the individual authors of those to fix the code. If enough people did that, maybe authors would finally stop being so sloppy with their work.

In any case I have changed the tables over to using the DIV tag instead which seems to load much quicker. You can see it in use here: www.4winmobile.com.

Thanks for that!
You're welcome. However, just replacing a single table with a DIV doesn't necessarily speed the page load time up enough to see with the nekkid eye. It all adds up though. The page you linked to took a pretty long time to load on my DSL connection. You have more issues than just table structure replaced for DIVs.

Jim
Old 25 Dec 2007, 23:53

All good points thanks for that.

Last edited by tekguru; 26 Dec 2007 at 03:19.
Old 26 Dec 2007, 00:13

Custom block code does not work if inserted in FORUMDISPLAY template file. Any help on this?

Thanks
Old 26 Dec 2007, 00:42

All good points thanks for that.

-------------sniiiiiiip------------
This thread is about vB Ad Management. It has well over 2,000 posts. Let's not make it even more difficult for those searching for info on vB Ad Mgmt by discussing issues that have nothing to do with it. Please find the appropriate venue for your other issues - like the vBadvanced discussion on your nav module, the people responsible for Clickapps, and whoever else modified your code. vBSkins is not responsible - they provided you with valid coded style (unless you're using an older version than they have on their site now).

Anyway, let's leave this thread for what it was intended for.

Jim
Old 26 Dec 2007, 04:38

Question Hey How do I get the ads to stay at the top of the screen?

I'm trying to figure out a way to get the "left and right column" ads to stay fixed and to the top of the right side. I thought that they would do this by default but when I view my site in firefox the ads fall down.

Is there any HTML code I can paste in front of the add code in the Ad Managerment Control Panel?
Old 26 Dec 2007, 14:40

How does one add the code to a non-vB page that is powered by vB's permissions?
Old 26 Dec 2007, 14:44

Does it include statistics for every ad ?
Old 26 Dec 2007, 18:29

I am still having trouble with the side columns. I have tried all the different layouts you have shown here and I can't get 2 google ads to run one under the other. I have one that's an image only ad layout then a text and image version under it. It shows as it should in the admin panel but not on the forum pages. http://foodnetworkfans.com/
Old 26 Dec 2007, 20:10

Um....yeah....I installed vb Ad Management today and now nothing is showing up on my index page. It's completely blank (white). Can anyone tell me what happened here and how to get things back to normal?

www.petownerforum.com

Last edited by Skorzen; 26 Dec 2007 at 20:16.