Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
MGC Chatbox Evo Details »
MGC Chatbox Evo
Mod Version: 3.4.0, by VBDev (Coder) VBDev is offline
Developer Last Online: May 2015 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.2.x Rating: (306 votes - 4.63 average) Installs: 2473
Released: 28 Jan 2008 Last Update: 02 Sep 2013 Downloads: 46074
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Template Edits Auto-Template Additional Files Translations  



This mod is automatically compatible with vB3.6.x, vB3.7.x, vB3.8.x and vB4.x.x


Overview

MGC Chatbox Evo is the most ever installed chatbox for vBulletin !


It offers a new enhanced online experience to your members leading to increased time spent online of more than 25% by providing them with a new, more interactive, way to interact with each other.
  • Important number of features
  • High level of configurability to fit each users needs
  • Channels system
  • Many commands
  • Bot system
  • and more...
... makes MGC Chatbox Evo a must have for your forum !

Detailed features

Following is a non-exhaustive list:
  • Simple install
  • Ajax based with:
    • Fast and Intelligent chats retrieval through javascript calls to server files (refresh delay configurable per usergroup)
    • Edit/update by double-clicking on a chat
    • Interact on chats through menus and javascript
  • Many usergroup permissions to limit features according to usergroups
  • Full configuration of the chatbox display:
    Size, position on forum pages, editor layout (either top/bottom input or left/right textarea) and position, number of chats displayed, ...
  • Full configuration of the chats display:
    Authorized bbcodes selection, date/time options, avatar display, ...
  • Possibility to create channels (unlimited number) with multiple configuration options:
    • Warn user of new message when not active through blinking image and eventually sound notification
    • Possibility to select on which specific page each is displayed
    • Option to display the channel only for selected languages
    • Usergroup/User permissions to access the channel
  • Many commands available with usergroup/user permissions to access them:
    • /me: well known IRC command
    • /del: remove shouts (different possibilities of removal)
    • /ignore: ignore shouts from another user
    • /ban: ban user from chatbox
    • /pm: send a private chat to another user
    • /announcement: modify the announcement on top of the chatbox
    • /slap: allow user to slap another user
    • /team: chats sending between specified usergroups
    • /l33t: I33t-ify a message
    • /banchan: ban user from specific channel [PRO only]
  • Forum activity notifications system in the chatbox:
    • Different display options:
      • In the chatbox melted with chats
      • In the chatbox in a separate column
      • In the vB4 sidebar or a custom sidebar for vB3
    • Multiple notifications:
      • New thread creation
      • New post creation
      • Post thanked (Abe's)
      • New registrations (not included - separate product)
      • IBProarcade highscore (not included - separate product)
  • Bot system with set of predefined trigger chat and corresponding answers and automatic bot chats [PRO only]
  • Archive system with statistics as well as download and search capabilities
  • Possibility to display the list of users online in the chatbox
  • Force anynomous to enter a username before chatting if they can access the chatbox
  • Antiflood system
  • Private chats feature through PM in tabs
  • Optional sound notifications
  • Inactive mode feature for server load optimization
  • User statistics display in posts and profile
  • Chatbox statistics display on forumhome
  • Create thread from a chat [PRO only]
  • CMS Integration (not included - separate product)
    • vBAdvanced CMPS
    • vBulletin 4 CMS
  • Importers from other chatbox systems:
Install

Refer to the readme for the chatbox install.

Demo

Live demo on MGC Products forum

Languages
  1. French
  2. English
  3. German [Not yet updated]
  4. Serbian [Not yet updated]
Support

On my website mostly and in this thread


Intégration

Integration in IBProarcade is described in the readme.
vBAdvanced CMPS and vBulletin 4 CMS integration are available as additional modules.


Compatibility

This hack is compatible with vB3.6.x, vB3.7.x
, vB3.8.x and vB4.x.x

Changelog

First part:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...&postcount=221

Second part:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...postcount=5429

Third part:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...postcount=8469

How to set the channel images


Thanks to princeedwards for this little how to : click here

PRO version and additional addons available on my website

This mod is automatically compatible with vB3.6.x, vB3.7.x, vB3.8.x and vB4.x.x

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Chat Modifications Cyb - ChatBox Valter vBulletin 3.7 Add-ons 1244 03 Feb 2016 14:36
Chat Modifications Chatbox Rules in cyb chatbox title Hornstar vBulletin 3.7 Template Modifications 15 23 Apr 2011 17:57

  #1711  
Old 21 Jun 2008, 00:45
TimberFloorAu's Avatar
TimberFloorAu TimberFloorAu is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
Real name: Blue
Originally Posted by Ranger187 View Post
Bozza, I replied to this. Upgrading you need to remove all the commands. Read the readme file again. It's kinda confusing I think for a new person sometimes including the channel commands one. If you need help PM me info and I'll be glad to help out and try to resolve it.



Ozzy, I'm assuming it's vb 3.7.1 per your sig. If that's the case, everything should work and sounds like the same issue Bozza is having, or it's simliar. Did you have any commands added or was it just the chat itself?
Just the chat. Have never figured out the commands lol.

We now have refresh set at 60 seconds, however if its 60 or more.. it doesnt update automatically.

Seems like a timing glitch of some sort.
__________________

My Hacks [ click ] | Steve ~ Administrator for British Expats AustraliaBound.org/forum | Test our forum - user; don pass; pass123
Sports Tipping Mod - coming February 2010 ~ Show your Interest !
Reply With Quote
  #1712  
Old 21 Jun 2008, 14:05
BozzaJos BozzaJos is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Ow sorry Ranger187, didn't see your reply. Thanks again for mentioning it. However, it still doesn't work for me. I deleted all the commands and the team channel. After installing all of them again, I still don't see the channel icons at the left.

We really need the team channel back. Any further ideas? I bet I'm doing something wrong but I can't figure out what it is by myself...
Reply With Quote
  #1713  
Old 21 Jun 2008, 18:32
Ranger187 Ranger187 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Originally Posted by TimberFloorAu View Post
Just the chat. Have never figured out the commands lol.

We now have refresh set at 60 seconds, however if its 60 or more.. it doesnt update automatically.

Seems like a timing glitch of some sort.
If you have added no commands and it won't refresh which it's using AJAX something else is up. Can you pm me a test account? Or run FireFox console and post the errors you get.

Originally Posted by BozzaJos View Post
Ow sorry Ranger187, didn't see your reply. Thanks again for mentioning it. However, it still doesn't work for me. I deleted all the commands and the team channel. After installing all of them again, I still don't see the channel icons at the left.

We really need the team channel back. Any further ideas? I bet I'm doing something wrong but I can't figure out what it is by myself...
Do the first thing most would do. COMPLETELY uninstall the product. I'm also talking going into ftp, removing ALL files uploaded. Make sure there are no templates for the chat anywhere. Then reinstall newest without any commands and see how it does. Also read the current bugs at the first post. I remember there is a team issue.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #1714  
Old 21 Jun 2008, 23:30
fariborz fariborz is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
This product has many problems, I uninstall this product.
Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #1715  
Old 22 Jun 2008, 00:06
DarkGizmo DarkGizmo is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Real name: Anthony
Does this add to a user's post count/the total board's post count when a user makes a shout? If not, can this be added as a feature please?
Reply With Quote
  #1716  
Old 22 Jun 2008, 00:10
Queball_Beast's Avatar
Queball_Beast Queball_Beast is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
I have read the instructions in the command folder over and over, I have removed the chatbox and all files with it along with all command and channels files, then I re-installed as new however like before the del command is not working for me.

I can delete individual chats but I cannot clear the entire chatbox with the del/all command like before.
Does the del/all command still works with 0.4.0 or has it been removed? there are no list commands to use I only found out about the del/all command because VBdev told me.

Thanks Again

Originally Posted by Ranger187 View Post
Read this again. It's the Readme in the Commands folder.
__________________
Assume nothing, Expect everything.
Yu-Gi-Oh
Reply With Quote
  #1717  
Old 22 Jun 2008, 09:23
Jon4444 Jon4444 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
How do I get chat to open in a new window so people can still move around my page at the same time?


Jon

Reply With Quote
  #1718  
Old 22 Jun 2008, 16:24
intricatic intricatic is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Real name: Ian
Question: Is it possible to set the max characters entered, or the max image size posted to the chatbox? One of my users pointed put that the text does not wrap after a certain point, but massive pictures are able to be posted.
Reply With Quote
  #1719  
Old 23 Jun 2008, 04:14
Ranger187 Ranger187 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Originally Posted by fariborz View Post
This product has many problems, I uninstall this product.
Thanks
The sun is hot, I no go out. If you can't pose a reason for it, ur comments are wortless

Originally Posted by NegativeSmoke View Post
Does this add to a user's post count/the total board's post count when a user makes a shout? If not, can this be added as a feature please?
No, this product does not as it's a shot, not an actual post and kept in a seperate location in the db. That will be up to VBdev if he sees it as something worth coding. I know I'd not enable that simple because it takes away from posting to begin with.

Originally Posted by Jon4444 View Post
How do I get chat to open in a new window so people can still move around my page at the same time?


Jon

Add a navbar link to full screen and link it to the php file.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #1720  
Old 23 Jun 2008, 07:47
VBDev's Avatar
VBDev VBDev is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Real name: Clément
Originally Posted by intricatic View Post
Question: Is it possible to set the max characters entered, or the max image size posted to the chatbox? One of my users pointed put that the text does not wrap after a certain point, but massive pictures are able to be posted.
The text will wrap if there are spaces in it. However if a user posts something like :
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllsdfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffoiuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuizerrrrrrrrrr rrrrrr
Then it wouldn't wrap.

For images, there is no specific management of the img bbcode in the chatbox, it relies on the vB one.

I won't make something separate so unless you install something on your vBulletin to do so you won't have it in the chatbox.

Originally Posted by Ranger187 View Post
No, this product does not as it's a shot, not an actual post and kept in a seperate location in the db. That will be up to VBdev if he sees it as something worth coding. I know I'd not enable that simple because it takes away from posting to begin with.
My advice is the same as yours Ranger187, I won't do that coz this is a chatbox not a full forum software
Reply With Quote
  #1721  
Old 23 Jun 2008, 07:48
VBDev's Avatar
VBDev VBDev is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Real name: Clément
Originally Posted by Queball_Beast View Post
I have read the instructions in the command folder over and over, I have removed the chatbox and all files with it along with all command and channels files, then I re-installed as new however like before the del command is not working for me.

I can delete individual chats but I cannot clear the entire chatbox with the del/all command like before.
Does the del/all command still works with 0.4.0 or has it been removed? there are no list commands to use I only found out about the del/all command because VBdev told me.

Thanks Again
Yes it does but you've put no space between del and all so this is perhaps the reason.
Reply With Quote
  #1722  
Old 23 Jun 2008, 11:55
karias karias is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Perhaps I am a complete dolt, or something... However I can't seem to find in any of the files where I would edit the URL for archives, rules, etc. For my URL is unitedxtremegaming.net/UPLOAD/index.php Upload replacing the typical root called "forum". The issue is all of the URLS to the Archive, rules, etc. are all taking me to unitedxtremegaming.net/forum..... Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote
  #1723  
Old 23 Jun 2008, 17:37
BANDiT600's Avatar
BANDiT600 BANDiT600 is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Real name: Nikolay
If I will be online only on full page of chat, is it saved my session??? I mean, I won't to pass all new answers in forum threads.
Reply With Quote
  #1724  
Old 24 Jun 2008, 00:07
VBDev's Avatar
VBDev VBDev is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Real name: Clément
Originally Posted by karias View Post
Perhaps I am a complete dolt, or something... However I can't seem to find in any of the files where I would edit the URL for archives, rules, etc. For my URL is unitedxtremegaming.net/UPLOAD/index.php Upload replacing the typical root called "forum". The issue is all of the URLS to the Archive, rules, etc. are all taking me to unitedxtremegaming.net/forum..... Any suggestions?
??? Are you sure you are speaking of the chatbox ?

Originally Posted by BANDiT600 View Post
If I will be online only on full page of chat, is it saved my session??? I mean, I won't to pass all new answers in forum threads.
What do you mean ?
Reply With Quote
  #1725  
Old 24 Jun 2008, 00:08
VBDev's Avatar
VBDev VBDev is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Real name: Clément
Next release is due out next week !
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:24.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: