Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Word Links (Turn words into links) by BOP5 Details »
Word Links (Turn words into links) by BOP5
Developer Last Online: Nov 2019 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 3.8.x Rating: (12 votes - 4.83 average) Installs: 66
Released: 16 May 2011 Last Update: 28 Jul 2012 Downloads: 366
Supported Uses Plugins Translations  

My VB4 Version of this mod won the June 2011 Mod-of-the-Month!! This is virtually an identical mod- thank you for your votes!

The purpose of this mod is to automatically turn keywords or phrases you specify into links. You set a list of keywords and a list of URLs to link them to and let the mod do the rest.

Demo Link

There are many options as you can see in the screenshot. You can choose to include the "nofollow" attribute, choose to open links in a new tab, choose to match whole words only or not, specify specific forums, enable in social groups and visitor messages, and disable completely for selected usergroups.

Version: 2.0
  • New in 0.91: Limit the number of links created per keyword per post.
  • New in 0.92: Use CSS to customize the look of links created by this mod.
  • New in 0.93: Linked words now retain the same case as they were originally typed. Also a new option to specify whether linked words are case sensitive or not.
  • New in 0.94: The <span> tags for use with custom CSS are now optional. They can be turned off to prevent unnecessary HTML generation if not using custom CSS. Also bug & conflict fix.
  • New in 0.95: Enable or disable in PMs.
  • New in 0.96: Should fix conflicts with AME mod, restores same case change in 0.93.
  • New in 1.0: Additional code to prevent unintended linking. No new features.
  • New in 1.1: Set approximate number of max links per page.
  • New in 1.2: Fixed bug when Ampersands (&) were used in keywords.
  • New in 1.3: Added optional notice on posts with links and associated phrase.
  • New in 1.31: Bug-fix. Somewhere around version 1.0 "Match Whole Words Only" stopped working. It is now fixed.
  • New in 1.5: Two new features: 1) You can now use a csv data file for your links (and advanced features) if you prefer and 2) You can use a custom user profile field to allow users to disable the mod individually if you choose.
  • New in 2.0: New condensed code. New option for custom regex code.

Example... If someone types:

"I bought it on Amazon."

This mod can auto convert it to:

"I bought it on Amazon.

And you would presumably put your Amazon affiliate code, if you had one, in the link.

NOTE: This mod does not alter the actual posts or the database. Disabling or uninstalling the mod will remove all links.

There is a VB3 and VB4 version of this mod, please download the correct version.

Full instructions in zip file.

*NEW IN 0.92*

As of version 0.92 all links created are within a <span> tag of class "boplink." This allows you to customize the look of the links created by this mod ussing CSS.

In your "Additional CSS" you can add the following CSS code and customize it to your liking for each of your styles. This is OPTIONAL. If you do not add this CSS links will retain the same style as existing links in your posts.

Sample CSS:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

This CSS will highlight the links in yellow and turn the text to red and bold when mouse-overed.

In VB 3.x Additional CSS is accessible via Style Manger -> All Style Options, scroll down to Additional CSS Definitions. Use the lower box to customize the CSS uniquely for each style.

This mod uses functions that may not work on non-latin (multibyte/unicode) characters. I'm sorry but it is only tested/working on English and other latin based alphabets.

Please Mark as Installed if you use this.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	wordlinks_phrase.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	130049   Click image for larger version

Name:	wordlinks_vb3.jpg
Views:	762
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	130050   Click image for larger version

Name:	user_profile_field_setup.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	130080   Click image for larger version

Name:	word_links_free_vb4_settings_full.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	140155  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Miscellaneous Hacks Word Links FREE (Turn words into links) by BOP5 BirdOPrey5 vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 386 22 May 2018 09:16

Old 11 Jun 2011, 16:42

if it's the MARCO mod try this:

Go to Admin CP -> plugin manager

Edit the plugin: Word Linker Postbit

Change the Execution Order from 2 to 7 and save the plugin.

Does that work?

(@BirdOPrey5) Former vb.org Moderator. Fighting for a free & independent vb.org.
BirdOPrey5.com - Exclusive VB Mods! (Formerly Qapla.com) | Joe's Ultimate Off Topic
Note - I do not read my PMs often, do not expect quick replies.
Old 11 Jun 2011, 16:46

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...35#post2206235
Product Here

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: xml product-post_replacements.xml (3.0 KB, 8 views)
Old 11 Jun 2011, 16:52

Originally Posted by Artes_Marciales View Post
Try what I suggested above about changing the execution order.

(@BirdOPrey5) Former vb.org Moderator. Fighting for a free & independent vb.org.
BirdOPrey5.com - Exclusive VB Mods! (Formerly Qapla.com) | Joe's Ultimate Off Topic
Old 11 Jun 2011, 17:06

Originally Posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
if it's the MARCO mod try this:

Go to Admin CP -> plugin manager

Edit the plugin: Word Linker Postbit

Change the Execution Order from 2 to 7 and save the plugin.

Does that work?
Thank you!
Now it works perfectly, is a great mod for seo and affiliate links
Old 12 Jun 2011, 09:36

This is quite a nifty MOD indeed! Voted it MOTM!
Old 12 Jun 2011, 10:39

Would it be possible to limit the number of keywords linked per page?
We'd choose a fairly low number like 3.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 13:01

Originally Posted by Spinball View Post
Would it be possible to limit the number of keywords linked per page?
We'd choose a fairly low number like 3.
It's something I have some ideas on but it will mean some new plugins so it will probably be a while. In the mean time you can limit per keyword per post.

Out of curiosity would you be interested it a limit per keyword per page or an absolute number of links per page?

EDIT - I take that back, I was able to add a max number of links relatively easily, will have an update later today.

Last edited by BirdOPrey5; 12 Jun 2011 at 13:50.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 16:22

Smashing, thanks.
I'm only interested in a max number per page so as not to annoy our readers too much.
On the other hand, one of our advertisers has asked for all instances of 'HDMI cable' to link through to his site.
This could be very lucrative.
Not certain on whether to offer conversion to a link for all instances or keep it limited.

How does this work with key words or phrases which have already been linked by the poster?
And are there any clashes with Skimlinks plugin?

Last edited by Spinball; 12 Jun 2011 at 16:57.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 17:02

Originally Posted by Spinball View Post
Smashing, thanks.
I'm only interested in a max number per page so as not to annoy our readers too much.
On the other hand, one of our advertisers has asked for all instances of 'HDMI cable' to link through to his site.
Not certain on whether to offer conversion to a link for all instances or keep it limited.

How does this work with key words or phrases which have been linked by the poster?
And are there any clashes with Skimlinks?
If a keyword is already in a link it will be ignored by this mod.

I use vigink which to my knowledge works the same as skimlinks (javascript based link intercepting) and the links generated should be compatible with both.

Old 12 Jun 2011, 17:10

Question

Alright, I seem to have somehow broken this MOD. It was working fine last night, but as I've added more entries something's amiss now. Below are my WORDS and LINKS, could you look over them and see what kind of rule I'm breaking?(i.e. Maximum size of a LINK, etc?)

I have Case Sensitive and Match Whole Words Only set to YES.

We're a Recumbent Cycling Website and I was trying to establish automatic LINKS to the various manufacturers. If there is a maximum length to a LINK's URL, can something like tinyurl.com be used instead?

Old 12 Jun 2011, 17:11

Updated to version 1.1.

You can now set *an approximate* number of total max links per page.

It is approximate because the mod will make links until it reaches the end of the post, VM, or social group message where it meets the page max number of links.

Old 12 Jun 2011, 17:31

Originally Posted by adwade View Post
Alright, I seem to have somehow broken this MOD. It was working fine last night, but as I've added more entries something's amiss now. Below are my WORDS and LINKS, could you look over them and see what kind of rule I'm breaking?(i.e. Maximum size of a LINK, etc?)

I have Case Sensitive and Match Whole Words Only set to YES.

We're a Recumbent Cycling Website and I was trying to establish automatic LINKS to the various manufacturers. If there is a maximum length to a LINK's URL, can something like tinyurl.com be used instead?

Wow... for a list like that please confirm you are using "Match whole word only" is YES and "Case Sensitive?" is yes. That should prevent any issues.

I did notice the mod is not matching "S&B" so I will look into that issue.

If you're still having an issue please link me to a post on your site showing the problem.

Old 12 Jun 2011, 17:49

Wow... for a list like that please confirm you are using "Match whole word only" is YES and "Case Sensitive?" is yes. That should prevent any issues.

I did notice the mod is not matching "S&B" so I will look into that issue.

If you're still having an issue please link me to a post on your site showing the problem.
Affirmative, both are set to YES.

Forgive me, I thought the whole MOD had ceased working, but after looking again some links are ok. Here's one that is not: http://tinyurl.com/3zdnnkq I expected to see Sunrise Medical with a LINK, but it's not.

I did try removing the S&B reference (and link), but it doesn't seem to have made any difference.

Last edited by adwade; 12 Jun 2011 at 18:49.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 17:51

I use vigink which to my knowledge works the same as skimlinks (javascript based link intercepting) and the links generated should be compatible with both.
Skimlinks uses two methods of operation - the Javascript and a plugin. We use the plugin.
I have a concern that the plugin might clash with this mod.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 18:42

Originally Posted by adwade View Post
Forgive me, I thought the whole MOD had ceased working, but after looking again some links are ok. Here's one that is not: http://tinyurl.com/3zdnnkq I expected to see Sunrise Medical with a LINK, but it's not.

I did try removing the S&B reference (and link), but it doesn't seem to have made any difference.
I've taken my long-listing (seen in my post above) and began cutting it in down until I can narrow in on some culprits...

EDIT: I turned it ON for ALL Forums and it seems to be functioning properly. LOOKs like a(nother) case of User Error. I am carefully adding more WORDS/LINKS back in, but do not expect to see any more problems. SORRY BOP5.

Last edited by adwade; 12 Jun 2011 at 19:32.