Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
Facebook Connect - Allow your users to login with their Facebook account (for 3.8) Details »
Facebook Connect - Allow your users to login with their Facebook account (for 3.8)
Mod Version: 2.0.6, by sllik (Member) sllik is offline
Developer Last Online: Dec 2011 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This thread is in the Modification Graveyard.
vB Version: 3.8.x Rating: (87 votes - 4.74 average) Installs: 805
Released: 25 Jan 2009 Last Update: 06 Sep 2009 Downloads: 7705
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Template Edits Additional Files Translations External Content  

Staff Note: Moved to Graveyard - this will never work now that the old style facebook authentication is no longer available.


Facebook Connect
This add-on allows your guests and existing users to login with their Facebook account through Facebook Connect.

There is NO NEED to upgrade or reinstall if you already installed this mod for 3.7

Upgrade to 2.0.6 so that users with the new super long IDs will be able to login.


This mod conflicts with PhotoPost vBGallery!

Quick fix:
Disable the following PhotoPost vBGallery plugins:
  • Userinfo Merge
  • Integrate Postbit Showthread

Benefits of Facebook Connect
  • Users can simply login with their Facebook account without going through the registration process.
  • Increase user interaction and your traffic through Facebook notifications and news-feeds!
Features
Facebook users will be able to receive Facebook notifications when:
  • There is a reply to their thread or a thread that they're subscribing to
  • They receive a new PM
News-Feed will be published on to the user's wall when the user:
  • Logs in for the first time
  • Replies to a thread
  • Creates a new thread
Fetch user data from Facebook
Fetch data like name, location, profile picture and use it on your forums! (NOTE: Some data may not be available for some users)

Automatically befriend user's friends
If any of the user's friends are also registered on the forum, they will automatically be friends!

Professional Install/Upgrade/Support Services
Want this mod professionally installed? It's guaranteed to work on your forum! Download the archive and see INSTALL.html/UPGRADE.html for more details!

Troubleshooting
Server Requirements:
PHP 5

If you get an error:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Means that there is something wrong with your callback URL. Your callback URL must be where xd_receiver.htm is; so when you enter [callbackurl]/xd_receiver.htm into your browser you should see a blank page (not a 404 page not found error or anything else).

If you get a continues this means there is a javascript error. Make sure you've done all the template edits correctly (especially footer & navbar). Clear your cache and reload the page.

If nothing happens when you click the Facebook Connect button make sure your callback url domain is the same as you forum domain (the one set in your forum settings) - more specifically make sure that there is a www (or isn't) in both domains.


Many more features may be implemented in the future so keep checking for updates.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Addons

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	shot1.png
Views:	4079
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	93468   Click image for larger version

Name:	shot2.png
Views:	6728
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	93469   Click image for larger version

Name:	shot3.png
Views:	7774
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	93470   Click image for larger version

Name:	shot4.png
Views:	7661
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	93471  

Click image for larger version

Name:	shot5.png
Views:	6644
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	93472   Click image for larger version

Name:	shot6.png
Views:	6765
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	93473  

Show Your Support

  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Integration with vBulletin Facebook Connect - Allow your users to login with their Facebook account sllik vBulletin 3.7 Add-ons 1585 29 Jun 2016 14:30

  #1096  
Old 16 Aug 2009, 15:23
MentaL's Avatar
MentaL MentaL is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Originally Posted by MentaL View Post
I keep getting thefollowing error (help appreciated);

Logging in must go through the Facebook flow.
Please try again.
Edit

Reason was because I did not have third party cookies allowed in my browser, working now.
Reply With Quote
  #1097  
Old 16 Aug 2009, 15:26
wolfstream wolfstream is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Real name: Tom Whiting
Originally Posted by blankoboy View Post
Is there any chance this can work on vBulletin 3.5.4 as is?
It works for 3.7, but I'm not sure about any farther back.
Reply With Quote
  #1098  
Old 16 Aug 2009, 22:45
letsjoy's Avatar
letsjoy letsjoy is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Please add something to track down user from facebook or some statistics

Thanks in Advance
__________________
"Everything you can imagine is real"
-Pablo Picasso

Pakistan - Ahmad
Reply With Quote
  #1099  
Old 18 Aug 2009, 18:05
btotw btotw is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Originally Posted by blankoboy View Post
Is there any chance this can work on vBulletin 3.5.4 as is?
There is an earlier version of the mod that MIGHT be compatible w/ 3.5.4. Give it a try. Id be interested to read your findings...
Reply With Quote
  #1100  
Old 19 Aug 2009, 20:04
jarosciak jarosciak is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
In your intro you said, I quote:

This mod conflicts with PhotoPost vBGallery!
Quick fix:
Disable the following PhotoPost vBGallery plugins:
Userinfo Merge
Integrate Postbit Showthread
I have PhotoPost vBGallery 2.4.2 and when I go to Plugins & Products / Plugin Manager, there isn't 'Userinfo Merge' nor 'Integrate Postbit Showthread' available.

These are all the plugins available for PhotoPost gallery:
photopost.jpg

Can you please tell me exactly where should I find: 'Userinfo Merge' nor 'Integrate Postbit Showthread' plugins?
Reply With Quote
  #1101  
Old 20 Aug 2009, 04:45
CrankyFC CrankyFC is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: HelpYourSites
Real name: James
Originally Posted by jarosciak View Post
In your intro you said, I quote:



I have PhotoPost vBGallery 2.4.2 and when I go to Plugins & Products / Plugin Manager, there isn't 'Userinfo Merge' nor 'Integrate Postbit Showthread' available.

These are all the plugins available for PhotoPost gallery:
Attachment 103425

Can you please tell me exactly where should I find: 'Userinfo Merge' nor 'Integrate Postbit Showthread' plugins?
If it isn't listed, then you're fine. It might be in a newer version. For now: You're okay, unless someone corrects me.
__________________
Talkkay is COMING SOON.
Reply With Quote
  #1102  
Old 20 Aug 2009, 09:42
matthewhotdude matthewhotdude is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
I had to reinstall this mod, And not the "facebook" longon button has gone
Reply With Quote
  #1103  
Old 20 Aug 2009, 14:14
Aeropars Aeropars is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Hi guys,

this looks like a great mod but can anyone tell me what happens with current forum members which have facebook accounts? Is there a way to link a vb account to a facebook account?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote
  #1104  
Old 20 Aug 2009, 14:38
jarosciak jarosciak is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Installed it in vBulletin® Version 3.8.2 and getting an error:

query_first(" SELECT fbuid FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "fbuser WHERE userid = " . $userid . " LIMIT 1 "); return intval($user['fbuid']); } function fetch_fbuser_info($query) { require_once(DIR . '/includes/facebook/facebook.php'); global $vbulletin, $db; $fbusers = $db->query_read($query); $fbuids = ""; $vbuids = array(); while ($fbuser = $db->fetch_array($fbusers)) { if ($fbuser['fbuid']) { $fbuids .= $fbuser['fbuid'] . ","; $vbuids[] = $fbuser['userid']; } } $fbuids = rtrim($fbuids, ','); $fbuserinfo = $vbulletin->session->vars['fbuserinfo']; if ($vbulletin->facebook == null) $vbulletin->facebook = new Facebook($vbulletin->options['fbconnect_apikey'], $vbulletin->options['fbconnect_secret']); try { $fbuser = $vbulletin->facebook->api_client->users_getInfo($fbuids, 'name, first_name, last_name, affiliations, pic, pic_small, pic_square'); for ($i = 0; $i < count($fbuser); $i++) $fbuserinfo[$vbuids[$i]] = $fbuser[$i]; $vbulletin->session->set('fbuserinfo', $fbuserinfo); } catch(FacebookRestClientException $ex) { } //print_r($vbulletin->session->vars['fbuserinfo']); } function set_fb_data(&$target, $userid = '', $profilefield = false) { require_once(DIR . '/includes/facebook/facebook.php'); global $vbulletin, $db, $show, $vbphrase, $fb_field_map, $avatarurl; if ($userid) $target['userid'] = $userid; if ($vbulletin->options['fbconnect_importdata'] && $target['userid'] != '') { $fbuserinfo = $vbulletin->session->vars['fbuserinfo']; if (!is_array($fbuserinfo[$target['userid']])) { $fbuid = get_fb_uid($target['userid']); if ($fbuid) { if ($vbulletin->facebook == null) $vbulletin->facebook = new Facebook($vbulletin->options['fbconnect_apikey'], $vbulletin->options['fbconnect_secret']); try { $fbuser = $vbulletin->facebook->api_client->users_getInfo($fbuid, 'name, first_name, last_name, affiliations, pic, pic_small, pic_square'); $fbuserinfo[$target['userid']] = $fbuser[0]; $vbulletin->session->set('fbuserinfo', $fbuserinfo) ; } catch(FacebookRestClientException $ex) { } } } if (is_array($fbuserinfo[$target['userid']])) { if (!is_array($fb_field_map)) { $fb_field_map = array(); $profile_fields = $db->query_read(" SELECT * FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "fbdatamap "); while ($field = $db->fetch_array($profile_fields)) { $fb_field_map[$field['vbfield']] = $field['fbfield']; } } $not_profile_field = array('avatarurl', 'profilepicurl'); foreach ($fb_field_map as $vbfield => $fbfield) { if ($profilefield && $target['value'] && $target['value'] != $vbphrase['n_a']) continue; if ($target[$vbfield] && pathinfo($target[$vbfield], PATHINFO_BASENAME) != 'unknown.gif') continue; if ($fbfield == 'affiliations') { if (is_array($fbuserinfo[$target['userid']][$fbfield])) { foreach ($fbuserinfo[$target['userid']][$fbfield] as $network) { if ($network['type'] == 'region') { $fbuserinfo[$target['userid']][$fbfield] = $network['name']; break; } } } } if ($profilefield) { if ($vbfield == ('field' . $target['profilefieldid'])) { $target['value'] = $fbuserinfo[$target['userid']][$fbfield]; break; } } else $target[$vbfield] = $fbuserinfo[$target['userid']][$fbfield]; } if ($target['avatarurl']) { $avatarurl = $target['avatarurl']; $show['avatar'] = true; } } } } function print_datamap_row($vbdata, $fbdata, $vbselected = "", $fbselected = "") { global $vbphrase; echo ' '; if ($vbselected) echo '[ '.$vbphrase['delete'].' ]'; echo ' '; }
Fatal error: Call to undefined function set_fb_data() in ...\includes\class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 140
Reply With Quote
  #1105  
Old 20 Aug 2009, 18:45
mcyates mcyates is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Real name: Michael C Yates
Is it possible to auto enable the "Publish this story" to facebook as at the moment, every reply and post it asks me and its doing my head in.
__________________
MY FOOTBALL FORUM
World Wide Football Discussion Forum
Reply With Quote
  #1106  
Old 21 Aug 2009, 04:03
Faizan Faizan is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #1107  
Old 21 Aug 2009, 10:20
Wakey Wakey is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Real name: Simon Wakefield
Originally Posted by jarosciak View Post
Installed it in vBulletin® Version 3.8.2 and getting an error:

query_first(" SELECT fbuid FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "fbuser WHERE userid = " . $userid . " LIMIT 1 "); return intval($user['fbuid']); } function fetch_fbuser_info($query) { require_once(DIR . '/includes/facebook/facebook.php'); global $vbulletin, $db; $fbusers = $db->query_read($query); $fbuids = ""; $vbuids = array(); while ($fbuser = $db->fetch_array($fbusers)) { if ($fbuser['fbuid']) { $fbuids .= $fbuser['fbuid'] . ","; $vbuids[] = $fbuser['userid']; } } $fbuids = rtrim($fbuids, ','); $fbuserinfo = $vbulletin->session->vars['fbuserinfo']; if ($vbulletin->facebook == null) $vbulletin->facebook = new Facebook($vbulletin->options['fbconnect_apikey'], $vbulletin->options['fbconnect_secret']); try { $fbuser = $vbulletin->facebook->api_client->users_getInfo($fbuids, 'name, first_name, last_name, affiliations, pic, pic_small, pic_square'); for ($i = 0; $i < count($fbuser); $i++) $fbuserinfo[$vbuids[$i]] = $fbuser[$i]; $vbulletin->session->set('fbuserinfo', $fbuserinfo); } catch(FacebookRestClientException $ex) { } //print_r($vbulletin->session->vars['fbuserinfo']); } function set_fb_data(&$target, $userid = '', $profilefield = false) { require_once(DIR . '/includes/facebook/facebook.php'); global $vbulletin, $db, $show, $vbphrase, $fb_field_map, $avatarurl; if ($userid) $target['userid'] = $userid; if ($vbulletin->options['fbconnect_importdata'] && $target['userid'] != '') { $fbuserinfo = $vbulletin->session->vars['fbuserinfo']; if (!is_array($fbuserinfo[$target['userid']])) { $fbuid = get_fb_uid($target['userid']); if ($fbuid) { if ($vbulletin->facebook == null) $vbulletin->facebook = new Facebook($vbulletin->options['fbconnect_apikey'], $vbulletin->options['fbconnect_secret']); try { $fbuser = $vbulletin->facebook->api_client->users_getInfo($fbuid, 'name, first_name, last_name, affiliations, pic, pic_small, pic_square'); $fbuserinfo[$target['userid']] = $fbuser[0]; $vbulletin->session->set('fbuserinfo', $fbuserinfo) ; } catch(FacebookRestClientException $ex) { } } } if (is_array($fbuserinfo[$target['userid']])) { if (!is_array($fb_field_map)) { $fb_field_map = array(); $profile_fields = $db->query_read(" SELECT * FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "fbdatamap "); while ($field = $db->fetch_array($profile_fields)) { $fb_field_map[$field['vbfield']] = $field['fbfield']; } } $not_profile_field = array('avatarurl', 'profilepicurl'); foreach ($fb_field_map as $vbfield => $fbfield) { if ($profilefield && $target['value'] && $target['value'] != $vbphrase['n_a']) continue; if ($target[$vbfield] && pathinfo($target[$vbfield], PATHINFO_BASENAME) != 'unknown.gif') continue; if ($fbfield == 'affiliations') { if (is_array($fbuserinfo[$target['userid']][$fbfield])) { foreach ($fbuserinfo[$target['userid']][$fbfield] as $network) { if ($network['type'] == 'region') { $fbuserinfo[$target['userid']][$fbfield] = $network['name']; break; } } } } if ($profilefield) { if ($vbfield == ('field' . $target['profilefieldid'])) { $target['value'] = $fbuserinfo[$target['userid']][$fbfield]; break; } } else $target[$vbfield] = $fbuserinfo[$target['userid']][$fbfield]; } if ($target['avatarurl']) { $avatarurl = $target['avatarurl']; $show['avatar'] = true; } } } } function print_datamap_row($vbdata, $fbdata, $vbselected = "", $fbselected = "") { global $vbphrase; echo ' '; if ($vbselected) echo '[ '.$vbphrase['delete'].' ]'; echo ' '; }
Fatal error: Call to undefined function set_fb_data() in ...\includes\class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 140
You need to turn Short tags on in your PHP config or edit the php files so they all open the PHP tags in the <?PHP ?> format rather than <? ?>
Reply With Quote
  #1108  
Old 21 Aug 2009, 15:04
LilPimp's Avatar
LilPimp LilPimp is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
So if someone logs in with their facebook account.. ie.. if a guest logs in with his facebook account.. what does his username become when he posts? If he logs in with his facebook account does it add a new member to the forum or no?
__________________
The Greatest Orlando Magic Fan Website in the World!!!!! Magic Videos, Wallpapers, News, Bios, Forum, even an orlando Magic store!

http://www.orlandomagicfans.net
Reply With Quote
  #1109  
Old 21 Aug 2009, 16:58
Julie's Avatar
Julie Julie is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Real name: Julie...
Originally Posted by LilPimp View Post
So if someone logs in with their facebook account.. ie.. if a guest logs in with his facebook account.. what does his username become when he posts? If he logs in with his facebook account does it add a new member to the forum or no?
They will be able to choose a user name after they connect with the FB button So yes, they will become a new member of the forum after they've chosen a user name.
Reply With Quote
  #1110  
Old 21 Aug 2009, 21:47
mcyates mcyates is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Real name: Michael C Yates
Originally Posted by mcyates View Post
Is it possible to auto enable the "Publish this story" to facebook as at the moment, every reply and post it asks me and its doing my head in.
Uninstalling

It annoys me, every post or reply i make I have to say if i want to publish it or not!!!
__________________
MY FOOTBALL FORUM
World Wide Football Discussion Forum
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:47.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: