Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05 Jul 2007, 21:21

IB purchased all of the forums in their portfolio... I think, but am not 100% sure, that they kept the original owners on as staff to help run it.
Old 05 Jul 2007, 22:24

As long as IB let the vBulletin development team keep enough independence to carry on doing what they’re good at, and not try and absorb the vB brand/product into their own too much this can only be a good thing. Don’t get me wrong a bit of fresh blood is a good thing now and then, just don’t mess with chemistry that seems to be working so well.

Thanks,
Mat.
Old 05 Jul 2007, 22:50

Hopefully the price won't rise so high, the whole greatness of vb is its high quality and semi-low price.

I wonder how much money they sold it for, they're probably millionaire's.
Old 06 Jul 2007, 00:27

If your site has very good content, then you may get a check from them as well. I think this company want to control internet media and is doing a very good job of hiding it from others. It is a good way to control what is said on these types of forums and can influence any group(s) if you can censor what is said and not.
Old 06 Jul 2007, 01:31

Thats giving them too much credit.
Old 06 Jul 2007, 02:21

Is vb.org sold too? Is it owned by jelsoft too?
Old 06 Jul 2007, 03:15

Originally Posted by SneakyDave View Post
Does everybody remember what happened to Madrona Park / Infopop when it tried to expand?
Unfortunately I do as I was a moderator there for a few years, don't see many hobby Groupee boards around now. Just hope a certain webhost we both share doesn't follow this path.
Old 06 Jul 2007, 03:50
nexialys

i worked for InfoPop 'til they branched, and i can tell that their project of making the groupee was the worst possible... hosting what they were not able to manage at first is a bad deal...

they have 3 months to fix this, if i remember right... their project is at stakes
Old 06 Jul 2007, 04:44

Originally Posted by Princeton View Post
the more you look into this deal the more you realize that this could be a great thing for any new social-networking features .. vast amounts of money, servers, and resources

for example, why ping/direct to technorati when you can create your own network? (just throwing ideas)
What does servers have to do with us? Is Jelsoft going to host all of our forums? No.

May i ask this, have any of the coders for vBulletin be changed or modified?
Old 06 Jul 2007, 06:29

WTF...

If u want me to be sinceir ( or whatever )... this is going to affect in the prices, and if this happens ... they'll lose custumers ... =o...

but whatever... =o just hope they dnt take adventage of us ..
Old 06 Jul 2007, 10:43

I will try to answer some of the question raised in this thread.

If there are any more questions, feel free to post them in this thread and i will try to answer if possible.

What will change for vBulletin.org?
As all the members here have an interest in the future of vBulletin.org, this is a question that is on the mind of many members.

vBulletin.org has always been a website that, although supported by Jelsoft, have been run by volunteer members out of the community. There are no plans at the moment to make any change in how vBulletin.org is operated.

Will we see a raise in the license pricing?
Since the first release of vBulletin 1.0 in 2000, we have never raised the price of vBulletin licenses. The key strategy moving forward is not to shift prices markedly upwards and make buying vBulletin an unattractive proposition, but rather to offer a broader range of products and services to better cater for all audiences.
Old 06 Jul 2007, 11:00

I wonder if this means they will be developing more products. (Other than vB)
Old 06 Jul 2007, 11:20

Jelsoft is already developing more products. Project Tools was recently released, and the BLog is running beta at vbulletin.com at this time.
Old 06 Jul 2007, 12:26

hey you guys made front page news at WebMasterWorld!! Congrats!!
www.UnrealAddicts.com
Old 06 Jul 2007, 13:31

Hewlett Packard's purchase of Compaq computers which increased the features available on their computers and the quality while lowering prices for consumers across the board.
I would disagree with you there...the features and quality of all HP/Compaq product lines has maintained with the industry. This is not a result of the merger.

From my point of view that merger was not good, it made working with the company WAY more difficult...there support end is still in transition.

Other than that I agree with you. We will have to wait and see how this merger works out.
Closed Thread