Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
vBSocial - FB TO vBulletin Forums 2.0L Details »
vBSocial - FB TO vBulletin Forums 2.0L
Developer Last Online: Oct 2015 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.2.x Rating: (3 votes - 4.00 average) Installs: 34
Released: 30 Apr 2013 Last Update: 24 Nov 2014 Downloads: 369
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Template Edits Code Changes  

Facebook Groups and Pages to vBulletin Forums allows you to connect multiple Facebook Groups and Pages to seperate forum categories to bring your users back to your forum
  • Get massive amounts of unique content
  • Drive SEO up with new content
  • Connect multiple facebook pages
  • Connect multiple facebook groups
  • Generate lots of organic traffic
  • Quality content from your facebook groups and pages
  • Undefined potential. Our facebook group has 24,000+ members creating hundreds of thousands of posts on Facebook, and now on our forum!

Requirements:

PHP 5.4
You must be the admin of Facebook Page/Group
You need to create a Facebook App for API Key and Secret
vBulletin 4 (Coming for vB5 as well)

Read more: http://vbsocial.com/shop/facebook-to...#ixzz3Jwxj3GHT
Video Demo:

VIDEO LINK:https://vimeo.com/107217080

Mark as installed

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Major Additions vBSocial Notifications | 6.2 | Facebook Inspired daveaite vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 96 06 Nov 2018 10:00
Major Additions vBulletin Social Network 9.5 Gold (Lite) - vBSocial.com daveaite vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 1287 24 Feb 2016 21:04
Major Additions vBSocial.com Wall - Inspired by Facebook daveaite Modification Graveyard 5 06 Jul 2012 09:53

Old 30 Nov 2013, 22:28

It doesn't even explain what the difference is between lite / full, and why does manual.url link to URL=http://vbsocial.com/wp-admin ?
Old 01 Dec 2013, 04:22

I have the same questions asked by a couple other members on the thread. I'm very interested in buying the pro version, but need the answers to these questions first. Could you please tell me:

1) Is this working correctly on 4.2.2?

2) If the group is open, how are Facebook users (who are not forum members) handled? And vice versa, for forum members who aren't using Facebook connect?

3) What are the differences between the pro and lite versions?

I appreciate any info you can provide.
Old 01 Dec 2013, 16:10

Me too... am poised for the full version... though currently it seems I am only synching in one direction - FB to Vbulletin ( go figure?)

Like it... like it lots. and see that the pro gives me a whole other range of potential. from smarter titles from Facebook posts. Instead of generic titles, these new titles will capture the title using the content of the Facebook post and post it to the vBulletin category.

Like the others though I am still confused about this:
Can users who do not use Facebook Connect, but are allowed to go in my VIP, can they still go in? --- Yes, we have built a setting to allow that. Select yes in settings.

can't wait for teh answer and then I am in
Old 02 Dec 2013, 09:08

I think the reason we are asking is that currently I have a conversation on Facebook where half the replies are not transferring to Vbulletin - so on Vbulletin there are some very odd replies to posts that are not visible. ... which looks like I am talking to an invisible friend that nobody else can hear.

in teh pro version, it is essential that Forum people who are not on facebook.. appear on the group discussion thread. and visa versa... people who are not members of the Vbulletin forum appear on the thread discussion. would creating a new " Forum Member " account with facebook, allow this "person" to post on facebook. in the same way as a guest post appears on Vbulletin ?
Old 04 Dec 2013, 10:01

exactly That is the needed function
Old 04 Dec 2013, 19:20

Originally Posted by BAJR View Post
I think the reason we are asking is that currently I have a conversation on Facebook where half the replies are not transferring to Vbulletin - so on Vbulletin there are some very odd replies to posts that are not visible. ... which looks like I am talking to an invisible friend that nobody else can hear.

in teh pro version, it is essential that Forum people who are not on facebook.. appear on the group discussion thread. and visa versa... people who are not members of the Vbulletin forum appear on the thread discussion. would creating a new " Forum Member " account with facebook, allow this "person" to post on facebook. in the same way as a guest post appears on Vbulletin ?
The problem with this is who's account will post to Facebook. This can cause issues if you have a member posting something bad, it gets sent to Facebook, then facebook "suspends/bans" your account, as that account will be responsible for content.

Introducing vBSocial 10
Old 04 Dec 2013, 22:17

maybe it is good, that the comments in FB posted to the forum as user as unregFB in the forum. than the discussion is completed in the forum
Old 04 Dec 2013, 22:35

Originally Posted by daveaite View Post
The problem with this is who's account will post to Facebook. This can cause issues if you have a member posting something bad, it gets sent to Facebook, then facebook "suspends/bans" your account, as that account will be responsible for content.
Could you rephrase that, please? I couldn't parse it.
Old 05 Dec 2013, 09:36

I see that a forum comment passed to facebook... could result in the account they are being posted as ( it would be the only way to work as a guest) being banned... if they breach facebook rules. which may have been acceptable on your forum asking people not to swear for example... may not work on the forum.. but would matter to facebook.

So the non forum member on facebook... their posts should come onto the forum - though I can't see how yet --- do they posts as guest? In which case what settings are required.
Old 10 Feb 2014, 12:14

Cannot get this to work daveaite.
(vbulletin 4.2.2)
I can connect to facebook fine with my profile but as soon as I try to look into a forum setup to sync with the group id I get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method vB_Facebook::group_perm_check() in /x/x/forumdisplay.php(111) : eval()'d code on line 15

(the x's are me blotting out the path)

As soon as I disable the plugin the forum works fine again.
Old 13 Feb 2014, 04:23

Features of Lite Version unknown

Dear Friend,

What are the features in Lite Version.

If i m happy with lite version, then will go for buying this but at initial level i want to know features and duration of lite version.

Please mention then i can proceed with installation.

Thanks
Old 20 Feb 2014, 16:53

Originally Posted by Beastman View Post
Cannot get this to work daveaite.
(vbulletin 4.2.2)
I can connect to facebook fine with my profile but as soon as I try to look into a forum setup to sync with the group id I get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method vB_Facebook::group_perm_check() in /x/x/forumdisplay.php(111) : eval()'d code on line 15

(the x's are me blotting out the path)

As soon as I disable the plugin the forum works fine again.
Okay I've got it syncing, kind of. The Lite version double posts a lot and doesn't seem to post on the fbook group. Is this a limitation of the lite version? You don't list anywhere what the differences are between the lite and the pro. I'd get the pro if I knew it was going to work.
Old 25 Feb 2014, 03:55

wont work for me uninstalled
Old 22 Mar 2014, 00:17

we are testing this out but sometimes it will post and some times it wont even some posts that was posted has disappeared and if i create a thread on the forum it doesn't post it up on the facebook group
Old 22 Mar 2014, 03:07

watching this, hope you guys get it running smooth. looking forward to having it installed in our community