Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
vBulletin Social Network 9.5 Gold (Lite) - vBSocial.com Details »
vBulletin Social Network 9.5 Gold (Lite) - vBSocial.com
Mod Version: 9.5 Lite, by daveaite (Coder/Designer) daveaite is offline
Developer Last Online: Oct 2015 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.x.x Rating: (26 votes - 4.04 average) Installs: 297
Released: 17 Jul 2011 Last Update: 04 Aug 2014 Downloads: 3670
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Template Edits Auto-Template Code Changes Additional Files Translations  

The future of forums. Friend requests, private messaging, global notifications in real time.


Video:
https://vimeo.com/81470983

Installation:
https://vimeo.com/81466836

Customization of Logo and vBSocial 9:

https://vimeo.com/81466835






Demo: http://vbsocial.com/forum/forum.php
user: user
pass: test






Mark as Installed[/center]



Get updates on lite version immediately:

Lite version functionality:
Over 50+ settings configurable
-Notifications for replies, threads
-Profile Dropdown
-Global Dropdown
-PM Dropdown
-Ability to disable default header and more.

Lite Version limits:
-Can't add "3rd party notifications"
-No Moderation Dropdown
-No Friend Request Dropdown
-No Private Message Dropdown

-No profile comment notifications
-No gallery comment notificaitons
-No Social Virality dropdown (G+, Fb like, and Twitter buttons in social dropdown)
-No Social Reputation system or notifications for reputations
-No abilty to enable/disable notifications per post from posts level
Other limitations
-Copyright in footer and profile dropdown

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
  #976  
Old 21 Jan 2013, 22:07
daveaite's Avatar
daveaite daveaite is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Real name: David
Originally Posted by Winter Sonata View Post
How can I disable the deafult header to test the plugin before buying it ?

I want to make sure that it's compatible and will work properly?
You can manually remove the code if you want from header template. The default header code is removed at examples suchs as:

http://vbsocial.com/forum/forum.php
http://buypoe.com/forum/forum.php

and many other sites around the web, if people care to post their links.

Another update will be coming in 1 or 2 weeks.
__________________

Introducing vBSocial 10
Reply With Quote
  #977  
Old 21 Jan 2013, 23:00
Winter Sonata Winter Sonata is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Originally Posted by daveaite View Post
You can manually remove the code if you want from header template. The default header code is removed at examples suchs as:

http://vbsocial.com/forum/forum.php
http://buypoe.com/forum/forum.php

and many other sites around the web, if people care to post their links.

Another update will be coming in 1 or 2 weeks.
Thanks Dave!

Can you help me on how to remove the default header? btw, I'm using the default VB skin.
When first I see this addon that was a year ago, but was afraid to start using it, I have decided to give it a try,,, but I should make sure that it'll work properly and not using too much resources, I'd love to buy a membership at your site if that works!

Kindly, let me know how to remove the default header.


regards!
Reply With Quote
  #978  
Old 22 Jan 2013, 22:47
daveaite's Avatar
daveaite daveaite is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Real name: David
Go to admincp > theme > header template

Make a backup of the header template code.

Delete everything in it.

Then:
Add in there
Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

See if that works.
__________________

Introducing vBSocial 10
Reply With Quote
  #979  
Old 23 Jan 2013, 19:26
daveaite's Avatar
daveaite daveaite is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Real name: David
Another round of bug fixes coming in a few weeks
__________________

Introducing vBSocial 10
Reply With Quote
  #980  
Old 24 Jan 2013, 05:31
deltahawk5 deltahawk5 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Looking forward to it!
Reply With Quote
  #981  
Old 24 Jan 2013, 06:06
deltahawk5 deltahawk5 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
I'm still getting the list of users who liked the post, even though I disabled the thanks system included. Therefore, I now have two list of users who liked the post.



Any way to get that turned off? It's interfering with my existing like system and creating monsters out of threads that have post with 100+ likes.
Reply With Quote
  #982  
Old 24 Jan 2013, 07:22
daveaite's Avatar
daveaite daveaite is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Real name: David
We're aware of this issue and will be fixed soon. I don't believe there is a way of turning it off at the moment.
__________________

Introducing vBSocial 10
Reply With Quote
  #983  
Old 24 Jan 2013, 19:51
Kenas Kenas is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Hi, i recently installed the lite version before purchasing the full version. And i am getting the following error on each post i have edited or recently entered. Also all other users are getting the same error. "adding child to non-existent node" i would really love to get this mod and rest of social mods you guys are working with. Can this be fixed ?
Reply With Quote
  #984  
Old 25 Jan 2013, 12:38
mofeu's Avatar
mofeu mofeu is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Goodmorning,

I install the product but I have some questions.

1)The vbsocial bar is moving , does it exist any code so can remain on the top of the header?

2)Can I install the vbsocial bar under the navbar?

3)The drop out menu does not work!Is it because the template?


Last edited by mofeu; 25 Jan 2013 at 12:49.
Reply With Quote
  #985  
Old 25 Jan 2013, 15:31
cdoyle cdoyle is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Hi,
I just noticed something while trying to log in using a different PC.
I was going to log in using Facebook, but I don't see that option anywhere now.

Does your mod remove the login with Facebook option?
Wait, I see it in FireFox but not in IE10.

Also in IE10 Win 7 I noticed that once you log in, if you click the little gear icon that brings the dropdown menu. That menu will not go away, I've tried clicking somewhere else on the screen. I tried clicking save, and tried clicking the gear again. The menu stays there until I leave the page. When you click on your name in the social bar, the box that is supposed to appear, doesn't all the way display. You only see a small portion of it.

I asked this earlier, but in the dropdown with the user options. If the options are 'ultimate' features, and cannot be enabled in the lite version. Can these options be hidden from the dropdown to end users? It's confusing for them to have these options but the forum doesn't have them.
Attached Images
File Type: png forumdropdown.PNG (11.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: png social features.PNG (27.5 KB, 8 views)
Reply With Quote
  #986  
Old 26 Jan 2013, 08:10
daveaite's Avatar
daveaite daveaite is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Real name: David
Originally Posted by Kenas View Post
Hi, i recently installed the lite version before purchasing the full version. And i am getting the following error on each post i have edited or recently entered. Also all other users are getting the same error. "adding child to non-existent node" i would really love to get this mod and rest of social mods you guys are working with. Can this be fixed ?
We are currently aware of this issue, and is being fixed as we speak.
__________________

Introducing vBSocial 10
Reply With Quote
  #987  
Old 26 Jan 2013, 08:12
daveaite's Avatar
daveaite daveaite is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Real name: David
Originally Posted by mofeu View Post
Goodmorning,

I install the product but I have some questions.

1)The vbsocial bar is moving , does it exist any code so can remain on the top of the header?

2)Can I install the vbsocial bar under the navbar?

3)The drop out menu does not work!Is it because the template?

1. Yes, theres an option, to switch to a fixed version.
2. Yes using the header variable.
3. Possibly...works different on various themes..hard to tell from just your image. Doesn't seem to be aligned properly.
__________________

Introducing vBSocial 10
Reply With Quote
  #988  
Old 26 Jan 2013, 08:25
daveaite's Avatar
daveaite daveaite is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Real name: David
Originally Posted by cdoyle View Post
Hi,
I just noticed something while trying to log in using a different PC.
I was going to log in using Facebook, but I don't see that option anywhere now.

Does your mod remove the login with Facebook option?
Wait, I see it in FireFox but not in IE10.

Also in IE10 Win 7 I noticed that once you log in, if you click the little gear icon that brings the dropdown menu. That menu will not go away, I've tried clicking somewhere else on the screen. I tried clicking save, and tried clicking the gear again. The menu stays there until I leave the page. When you click on your name in the social bar, the box that is supposed to appear, doesn't all the way display. You only see a small portion of it.

I asked this earlier, but in the dropdown with the user options. If the options are 'ultimate' features, and cannot be enabled in the lite version. Can these options be hidden from the dropdown to end users? It's confusing for them to have these options but the forum doesn't have them.
*If you notice in IE10, facebook connect does not work for vbulletin :/ ..this is a vBulletin issue. See vbulletin.com forums as an example as it works in FF but not IE..


*I can duplicate your user drop down issue in IE9 - Confirmed

* I can't duplicate the "save" button issue your having in IE9. Works fine for us.

Answer to the last one:

There are user options in user dropdown and a setitngs dropdown. The settings dropdown should hide the settings if disabled by admin.
__________________

Introducing vBSocial 10
Reply With Quote
  #989  
Old 26 Jan 2013, 17:33
cdoyle cdoyle is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Originally Posted by daveaite View Post
*If you notice in IE10, facebook connect does not work for vbulletin :/ ..this is a vBulletin issue. See vbulletin.com forums as an example as it works in FF but not IE..


*I can duplicate your user drop down issue in IE9 - Confirmed

* I can't duplicate the "save" button issue your having in IE9. Works fine for us.

Answer to the last one:

There are user options in user dropdown and a setitngs dropdown. The settings dropdown should hide the settings if disabled by admin.
Where do you turn off the ultimate features?
When I go into the admin panel, it just says 'ultimate feature' with no radio button.

If I go into my test account, I still see the options:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg option1.jpg (180.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg options2.jpg (60.7 KB, 5 views)
Reply With Quote
  #990  
Old 27 Jan 2013, 00:38
Chadi's Avatar
Chadi Chadi is offline
 
Join Date: May 2004
Just wondering if you would assist in helping me integrate the header part in my default header so there isn't 2 of them after the mod is installed?

http://www.talkjesus.com/forum.php

I like the clean look I have now.

Thanks.
__________________
...............................
Talk Jesus Forums: Christian Chat
games . chat . gallery . bible . videos
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:29.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: