Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
The /me Code Details »
The /me Code
Mod Version: 1.00, by Gio~Logist (Coder) Gio~Logist is offline
Developer Last Online: Apr 2021 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 3.8.0 Rating: (3 votes - 4.67 average) Installs: 46
Released: 13 Jan 2009 Last Update: 16 Jan 2009 Downloads: 255
Not Supported Uses Plugins  

Mini-Mod provided by:
ModernvB.com

Description:
It's simple. When they type "/me" in a post, it changes to their username. Yes, it's live - so it will also change if their username has changed.

Example:
Before: /me made this mod
After: Gio~Logist made this mod

Instructions:
1. Upload the plugin
2. /me away

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Profile Enhancements URL, BB code & Embed code information under album images C.Birch vBulletin 3.7 Template Modifications 58 07 Apr 2008 18:04

Comments
  #2  
Old 13 Jan 2009, 18:11
yotsume's Avatar
yotsume yotsume is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Whats The Point?

Ummm what is the possible point to this mod???? I can type my username faster then I can remember the code that will type my username for me!

Does the username get linked to their profile automatically? At least that would be sort of useful I guess even though their username is already hard to miss!

I am just not see how this is useful in any way!
__________________
Yotsume
Kaydev Media Productions
Check out my mods
:
EYO-AIM, FlashChat Combo-Module for vBadvanced 3.6x or 3.7x
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 13 Jan 2009, 18:14
Idawg's Avatar
Idawg Idawg is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Works on 3.7.x also I have it set up on 2 boards that are 3.7.4
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 13 Jan 2009, 18:22
Gio~Logist's Avatar
Gio~Logist Gio~Logist is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: San Francisco
Real name: Giovanni Martinez
Originally Posted by yotsume View Post
Ummm what is the possible point to this mod???? I can type my username faster then I can remember the code that will type my username for me!

Does the username get linked to their profile automatically? At least that would be sort of useful I guess even though their username is already hard to miss!

I am just not see how this is useful in any way!
You ok yotsume? You seem almost bothered by the release I can relate, being that I wouldn't use the feature much myself. However, a lot of members used to chatting in other chatrooms and forums enjoy the "/me" code. I've actually seen people post things like "/me is tired" or something along those lines, not knowing that it won't change it to their name.

Anyways, it was also requested by another member and i'm sure people will be able to make use of it. Good point on linking it to profiles, i'll update the plugin in a bit with that feature probably.
__________________

ModernvB.com - vBulletin Mods & Services - ModernvB.com vBulletin 3 Mods - ModernvB.com vBulletin 4 Mods - Hire ModernvB
Full-Time vB Development - If you can think it, we can build it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 13 Jan 2009, 18:24
Gio~Logist's Avatar
Gio~Logist Gio~Logist is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: San Francisco
Real name: Giovanni Martinez
Originally Posted by Idawg View Post
Works on 3.7.x also I have it set up on 2 boards that are 3.7.4
Niicee. I'll post it over on 3.7.4 in a bit, just finished releasing somethin' else as well.
__________________

ModernvB.com - vBulletin Mods & Services - ModernvB.com vBulletin 3 Mods - ModernvB.com vBulletin 4 Mods - Hire ModernvB
Full-Time vB Development - If you can think it, we can build it.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 13 Jan 2009, 19:21
yotsume's Avatar
yotsume yotsume is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Originally Posted by Gio~Logist View Post
You ok yotsume? You seem almost bothered by the release I can relate, being that I wouldn't use the feature much myself. However, a lot of members used to chatting in other chatrooms and forums enjoy the "/me" code. I've actually seen people post things like "/me is tired" or something along those lines, not knowing that it won't change it to their name.

Anyways, it was also requested by another member and i'm sure people will be able to make use of it. Good point on linking it to profiles, i'll update the plugin in a bit with that feature probably.
Thanks for clarifying its use. I myself have never seen or used the /me code in chat so I was lost here.

Some suggestion to make this really useful. How about some more /codes. For instance: /blog /album /profile or /anything... Be way cool to be able to use a /code to make a link to some specific user feature of VB, Blog, Gallery.
__________________
Yotsume
Kaydev Media Productions
Check out my mods
:
EYO-AIM, FlashChat Combo-Module for vBadvanced 3.6x or 3.7x
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 13 Jan 2009, 20:29
Stubbed's Avatar
Stubbed Stubbed is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Originally Posted by yotsume View Post
Thanks for clarifying its use. I myself have never seen or used the /me code in chat so I was lost here.

Some suggestion to make this really useful. How about some more /codes. For instance: /blog /album /profile or /anything... Be way cool to be able to use a /code to make a link to some specific user feature of VB, Blog, Gallery.
It doesn't need any more codes...

This mod is purely to replicate the "action" function that is in most chat software, origionally from IRC. This forum (vb.org) actually already uses the same feature.

/me thinks yotsume is a bit ignorant to the feature and probably jumped the gun a bit!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 13 Jan 2009, 21:03
Brandon Sheley's Avatar
Brandon Sheley Brandon Sheley is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Real name: Brandon
thanks Gio!
it would be nice to have the /you version as well

/me clicks install
__________________

Love and support one another #vote2020
I offer Managed IT Services in Kansas
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 13 Jan 2009, 21:59
Blue91's Avatar
Blue91 Blue91 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
How can I edit this so that the * is added before the username and so the username is a different color? (like here on vb.org)

/me shows example.

Otherwise, thanks! Already installed.

Last edited by Blue91; 13 Jan 2009 at 22:12.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 13 Jan 2009, 23:07
Hornstar's Avatar
Hornstar Hornstar is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Real name: Matt
Originally Posted by Stubbed View Post
It doesn't need any more codes...

This mod is purely to replicate the "action" function that is in most chat software, origionally from IRC. This forum (vb.org) actually already uses the same feature.

* Stubbed thinks yotsume is a bit ignorant to the feature and probably jumped the gun a bit!
possibly, however he did bring up a good suggestion either way. Maybe gio could release what he said in another thread. A more complete /linking method. I think it would be great to be able to say to a member you just need to go to /blog and it creates a link automatically to the blog. or say you just need to go to pm me and instead I say /pm and it creates the exact pm link to directly pm me.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 14 Jan 2009, 01:00
RTMdotORG RTMdotORG is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
/you code would be nice
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 14 Jan 2009, 01:15
Nadeemjp Nadeemjp is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Real name: Nadeem Qadir
i think /me by itself isnt much of an attraction. but as yotsume has suggested, if we could have more codes, then it is more interesting
__________________
Family Bunker
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 14 Jan 2009, 01:27
Blue91's Avatar
Blue91 Blue91 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
To each their own. /me is a niche mod for irc users.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 14 Jan 2009, 15:51
Blue91's Avatar
Blue91 Blue91 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Hmm, after playing with this... it isn't like the previous /me codes. Previous versions ONLY worked with /me was typed first in a line.

I noticed the current one changes /me to username regardless of where it is. This was figured out this morning by me when another user posted up the phrase burn/melt and it resulted in "burn/usernamelt. Not good. Can it be fixed to work only at the beginning of a sentence like the previous versions?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 15 Jan 2009, 15:03
Blue91's Avatar
Blue91 Blue91 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Ttt?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 20:49.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: