Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Old 14 Jul 2008, 13:40

Some games won't record scores for users

I'm having difficult with a game I downloaded that won't record scores for some users.

It works perfectly for me (Admin) but won't work for other users (Including other Admins). Game plays fine but it won't record their scores.

Is there any error logging I can look at to see what's happening? Or maybe somehow turn on a debug option?
Comments
Old 18 Jul 2008, 01:46

Ok update ... users are reporting this error:

mySQL query error: SELECT * FROM games_list WHERE gid=

mySQL error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' ' at line 1 mySQL error code:
Old 20 Jul 2008, 20:18

no idea, need to check this onsite ... please send access to AdminCP+FTP via PM and a reference/link to this thread, thx
Old 21 Jul 2008, 15:26

Originally Posted by MrZeropage View Post
no idea, need to check this onsite ... please send access to AdminCP+FTP via PM and a reference/link to this thread, thx
PM sent , thank you!
Old 02 Aug 2008, 23:20

I have same problem here. Rather anoying when people spend an few minutes ingame it seems like board trow people of and then wont save the game score verry weird and anoing problem. Any solution on this known so far. Else i need some help with it thanx.
Old 03 Aug 2008, 17:29

This has been an ongoing issue for a long time....the gameid sometimes does not get sent when the score sunmits, which is what is causing the error.

I have a thread on my site where users are reporting these errors (using debug mode)so we can keep track of them.

http://www.bowlandcentral.com/forum/...ad.php?t=68341
Old 03 Aug 2008, 20:13

All i see in that topic Mark is error codes #010, #011 and one time #023 so maybee those codes can bring some light in this topic. I dunno php good enove to know what they mean but the developer shure sould know what they mean and how to fix it in next version
Old 04 Aug 2008, 17:35

Originally Posted by trashman View Post
All i see in that topic Mark is error codes #010, #011 and one time #023 so maybee those codes can bring some light in this topic. I dunno php good enove to know what they mean but the developer shure sould know what they mean and how to fix it in next version
You've basically got the same problem manifesting itself differently....there is no gameid being sent. Hence you get "gameid=" in your datanse error, there is supposed to be a number after that. Without the number the syntax is invalid hence the error.

This problem has persisted for years and nobody seems to know what exactly causes it.
Old 10 Aug 2008, 20:16

Can it be the game itself the most games we get now are converted for the ipb version of this mod so maybee that will conflict in the vb version just an henche. Maybee games need to be converted difrent for the vb version. I dint try it on an ipb board yet but who knows.
Old 12 Aug 2008, 23:16

My users complain of the same problems... for some reason it doesn't happen on (m)any other boards that I play games on but on my own forum more than half the time the scores don't get submitted... Other times they do- everything else in the forum is working well, very few server errors... It's annoyed them for so long that acarde playing has basically stopped- it's not even worth adding any new games too at this point.
Old 13 Aug 2008, 09:39

Has anyone tried changing the Server-Timeout (seconds) for Score-Submission ??

Admin >> Arcade >> Main settings,,

Server-Timeout (seconds) for Score-Submission
After X seconds gameresults get a timeout when transmitted from the game to the arcade.
The lower the better (more secure), depends on your serverspeed (Default: 3 seconds)
If users complain about timeout-errors, increase this value a little..

Try changing it to 5 seconds..
Old 13 Aug 2008, 11:59

Already have tryed that and it won't make any diffrense what so ever.
Old 14 Aug 2008, 16:32

I changed the timeout to over 600 seconds (not caring about cheaters for the moment) and it still didn't make a difference... even a game that I only played for a minute or two still would sometimes not submit the score.
Old 19 Aug 2008, 07:17

getting this error also
Old 19 Aug 2008, 22:03

So are we...