Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
vbArticles by Mary Details »
vbArticles by Mary
Mod Version: 1.5.5, by MaryTheG(r)eek (Member) MaryTheG(r)eek is offline
Developer Last Online: Mar 2012 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This thread is in the Modification Graveyard.
vB Version: 3.6.4 Rating: (24 votes - 4.83 average) Installs: 203
Released: 11 Jan 2007 Last Update: Never Downloads: 1217
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Template Edits Additional Files  

vbArticles
Article Publishing & Review System
by Mary
http://www.++++++++++.com

Zipfile removed by the author.
Members who have installed it, can download
the updated php file at
http://www.microhellas.com/vbarticles.rar
(Sorry can'y upload .rar file here)

Future installations of vbArticles
even from Members who have downloaded it before
are prohibited.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	vbarticles1.jpg
Views:	3055
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	60181   Click image for larger version

Name:	vbarticles2.jpg
Views:	764
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	60182   Click image for larger version

Name:	vbarticles3.jpg
Views:	888
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	60183  

Show Your Support

• If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Major Additions vbArticles by Mary MaryTheG(r)eek Modification Graveyard 23 15 Apr 2007 16:10

Old 18 Jan 2007, 11:34

Originally Posted by MicroHellas View Post
85 Installations - 0 Donations

i would buy pro version & donate if it had admin editing abilities, i think alot others would too, this hack would easily surpass the popularity of itrader or any other mod on my forums but i cant install it if I dont have admin control over editing it
Old 18 Jan 2007, 17:34

Originally Posted by dsotmoon View Post
i would buy pro version & donate if it had admin editing abilities, i think alot others would too, this hack would easily surpass the popularity of itrader or any other mod on my forums but i cant install it if I dont have admin control over editing it
...hahaha... You made my night (I'm ready to go dreaming ). I'll add this function and I don't want you to donate or to buy the full version. I never did in my life something in ..exchange

Last edited by MaryTheG(r)eek; 18 Jan 2007 at 17:38.
Old 18 Jan 2007, 19:27

Can you give me an example (eg with a screenshoot) on what exactly you want to do?
Hello and thanks for the help

I want a thumbnail before or after the articel text

se my attach
picture_here.jpg
Old 18 Jan 2007, 19:39

I have a quick question, it is possible to disable the right column (latest reviews/related article/about author) when reader click to read? It'd be great to see a full clean page so the article is holding more chars.

Sorry if it's already included in the mod.

vB3 version: 3.6.8
Old 19 Jan 2007, 04:37

Originally Posted by wrang View Post
Hello and thanks for the help

I want a thumbnail before or after the articel text

se my attach
Attachment 59247
As I can't understand your language could you please tell me if that list is "My Articles" list, or the "Category list"?
Old 19 Jan 2007, 04:40

Originally Posted by Nam View Post
I have a quick question, it is possible to disable the right column (latest reviews/related article/about author) when reader click to read? It'd be great to see a full clean page so the article is holding more chars.

You can do it modifying the template vbarticles_viewarticle removing the following code:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Old 19 Jan 2007, 07:39

Thanks for helping out, also if I understand correctly, the limit number of pages in one article is unlimited? If there is a limit please let me know.

vB3 version: 3.6.8
Old 19 Jan 2007, 12:46

Originally Posted by Vic123 View Post
Hey Mary,

the mod you made here is really awsome! I have some questions & suggestions for the future:

1) Is there a possibility to get a page like your index.php?page=vbavbarticles without having vbadvanced installed? I don't use it nor any other portal system. Others users don't use vbadvanced as well. Could you create a .php where all the boxes from your index.php?page=vbavbarticles show up in a similar way?

2) How can I add a "Articles posted: X" and a "Top Author-Award" to my postbit template? which variables do i need?

3) Is there a possibility to show a toplist of authors, articles and new articles in vbarticles? I miss that feature. There should be a link to such toplists at the "top authors", "top articles" and "new articles" titels on the vbarticle mainpage.

Thanks a lot for your support!

Hey Mary,

thanks for adding the editing option in the near future! Could you please take a look at my questions/suggestions above?

Is there a possibility to donate from Germany without paypal?

bye
Vic
Old 19 Jan 2007, 15:25

Thank you!
Old 19 Jan 2007, 16:15

Perfect. I was thinking the exact same thing. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Nam View Post

You can do it modifying the template vbarticles_viewarticle removing the following code:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.
Old 19 Jan 2007, 18:00

1) Is there a possibility to get a page like your index.php?page=vbavbarticles without having vbadvanced installed? I don't use it nor any other portal system. Others users don't use vbadvanced as well. Could you create a .php where all the boxes from your index.php?page=vbavbarticles show up in a similar way?
If I understood well, you want to use the block(s) that I've for vBa to another than vBa page. What type is that page? If it's normal PHP (but not vB page) I'm planing soon to port these blocks for PHP pages.

2) How can I add a "Articles posted: X" and a "Top Author-Award" to my postbit template? which variables do i need?

3) Is there a possibility to show a toplist of authors, articles and new articles in vbarticles? I miss that feature. There should be a link to such toplists at the "top authors", "top articles" and "new articles" titels on the vbarticle mainpage.
Sorry, but both are included in commercial version and it's not a template change as I also removed the PHP code.
Old 19 Jan 2007, 18:37

As I can't understand your language could you please tell me if that list is "My Articles" list, or the "Category list"?
sorry its in the Category list
Old 19 Jan 2007, 19:22

Not sure if this was reported earlier, but if you have articles in more than 1 pages and you try to go to Next page of articles in a category, it gives a Blank page and no articles. Can anyone confirm this.
Join us on Facebook

Old 19 Jan 2007, 22:36

...hahaha... You made my night (I'm ready to go dreaming ). I'll add this function and I don't want you to donate or to buy the full version. I never did in my life something in ..exchange
thank you Mary, I look forward to the update
Old 20 Jan 2007, 02:09

If I understood well, you want to use the block(s) that I've for vBa to another than vBa page. What type is that page? If it's normal PHP (but not vB page) I'm planing soon to port these blocks for PHP pages.

Sorry, but both are included in commercial version and it's not a template change as I also removed the PHP code.
I'd need those blocks to create a similar page like your index.php?page=vbavbarticles as a subpage to the forum (vB page). But your idea to make it available to normal php pages is even better. It would be really awsome if top articles/top authors/etc could be read by php pages - similar to rss streams.

Sorry, didn't know that those features are integrated in your commercial version. To tell the truth, I didn't even know that there's a commercial version. But following your hint I visited your site and read about a "new vbarticles" which sounds really interesting to me. Will I be able to update to that new vbarticles if i buy the "normal" vbarticles that is in your shop right now? btw, your index.php?page=vbarticles seems to be broken.

bye
Vic