Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
Extra forumbit controls Details »
Extra forumbit controls
Mod Version: 1.00, by veenuisthebest (Member) veenuisthebest is offline
Developer Last Online: Feb 2012 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 3.8.x Rating: (44 votes - 4.89 average) Installs: 290
Released: 04 Feb 2009 Last Update: Never Downloads: 53
Not Supported Template Edits Additional Files Re-usable Code Translations  

This adds 4 mini icons (famfam) corresponding to each forum on forumhome and forumdisplay (subforums)

DEMO1
DEMO2

The 4 controls added are:-

Read new Posts
Create a new thread
Subscribe to Forum
RSS Feed


1. First upload the 4 attached icons in images/misc/ folder.

2. Then in Forum Home Templates/forumhome_forumbit_level2_post

Find this:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


Add below:-


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


3. Then in Forum Home Templates/forumhome_forumbit_level1_post

Find this:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


Make the change in the above code (in red) and add below:-


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


Thats it!

a) Obviously, works in all vb versions!
b) Yes, it is XHTML valid.
c) If this has been released before, then sorry.

If you like it, please click Install and join my site too

Thanks

Source: http://tech6.com/f51/extra-forumbit-controls-t549/

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Screenshots

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Different banner on each forumbit Beermonster vBulletin 3.5 Add-ons 76 29 Nov 2010 13:45

  #76  
Old 25 Apr 2009, 16:32
Indyaboard Indyaboard is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
thanks a lot!
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 25 Apr 2009, 21:45
zelnik zelnik is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Hi, firstly lovely addition to vB

I have a concern though.. I do not want my moderator section having RSS as if I were to ever remove a Moderator then they would still be getting the RSS feed for the section. No?

How do I disable it for a specific section on my forum?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 26 Apr 2009, 02:49
veenuisthebest's Avatar
veenuisthebest veenuisthebest is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Real name: Vinayak
Originally Posted by zelnik View Post
Hi, firstly lovely addition to vB

I have a concern though.. I do not want my moderator section having RSS as if I were to ever remove a Moderator then they would still be getting the RSS feed for the section. No?

How do I disable it for a specific section on my forum?

Thanks
So you do not want the RSS icon to display for any moderator (staff) forum, is that all what you want?

You can wrap the rss icon code with a conditional

<if condition="$forum['forumid'] != X"></if>

where X is the forum ID.

Let me know if it works, you forgot to mark as installed btw.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 26 Apr 2009, 10:42
zelnik zelnik is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Originally Posted by veenuisthebest View Post
So you do not want the RSS icon to display for any moderator (staff) forum, is that all what you want?

You can wrap the rss icon code with a conditional

<if condition="$forum['forumid'] != X"></if>

where X is the forum ID.

Let me know if it works, you forgot to mark as installed btw.
I had not installed it until now and I have noticed that I get a blank screen for the 2 non public sections when I click on the RSS icon (mods and site news section) so I assume it will only generate an RSS feed for public forums/sections so that would stop it anyway.

But is the above method better than just having a blank screen?

PS: the if condition removes the rss icon so that works, but I'm wondering if it is possible to show up a msg saying that no rss feed is available on the other private (not accessible to guests) forums instead of a blank white screen?

Last edited by zelnik; 26 Apr 2009 at 10:54.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 26 Apr 2009, 11:05
zelnik zelnik is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Also there is a minor error in your instructions :

Find this:

Code:
<td class="alt1Active" align="$stylevar[left]" id="f$forum[forumid]" >

it should be :

<td class="alt1Active" align="$stylevar[left]" id="f$forum[forumid]">
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 26 Apr 2009, 14:38
veenuisthebest's Avatar
veenuisthebest veenuisthebest is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Real name: Vinayak
Originally Posted by zelnik View Post
I had not installed it until now and I have noticed that I get a blank screen for the 2 non public sections when I click on the RSS icon (mods and site news section) so I assume it will only generate an RSS feed for public forums/sections so that would stop it anyway.

But is the above method better than just having a blank screen?

PS: the if condition removes the rss icon so that works, but I'm wondering if it is possible to show up a msg saying that no rss feed is available on the other private (not accessible to guests) forums instead of a blank white screen?
That blank screen is a standard behaviour of vb, not what this template edit handles.

Originally Posted by zelnik View Post
Also there is a minor error in your instructions :

Find this:

Code:
<td class="alt1Active" align="$stylevar[left]" id="f$forum[forumid]" >

it should be :

<td class="alt1Active" align="$stylevar[left]" id="f$forum[forumid]">
so whats the error?
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 27 Apr 2009, 11:58
zelnik zelnik is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Originally Posted by veenuisthebest View Post

so whats the error?
Space between " > it should be "> not " >
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 30 Apr 2009, 02:10
DefenceTalk DefenceTalk is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Great mod, thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 30 Apr 2009, 02:46
DefenceTalk DefenceTalk is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Anyway to replace forum feed URLs for each forum in this mod with feedburner?
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 01 May 2009, 02:20
glorify's Avatar
glorify glorify is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Thumbs down

If this has been released before, then sorry.
Yer kidding me, right? All the way down to the icons, the size I chose to make them, and icon order? I never released it, but you may have at least given us credit for your inspiration.

You may as well figure this out and release it as well. I used different icons for the Social Groups. Link
__________________
GTP

Last edited by glorify; 01 May 2009 at 02:55.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 01 May 2009, 03:51
veenuisthebest's Avatar
veenuisthebest veenuisthebest is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Real name: Vinayak
There are many other skins/sites that I have seen using this before I released. Maybe yours was one of them, or maybe not. Its such a easy template edit that anybody can do this, so not sure to whom the credit for the idea goes to.

Thanks for noticing after 3 months though.



But because you said so, I really don't mind adding your name to the co-auths. Anybody else wants it?
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 01 May 2009, 18:21
glorify's Avatar
glorify glorify is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Maybe yours was one of them, or maybe not.
Err yeah, whatever. It's cool man, I don't want anything saying I authored it--I didn't. Just a simple, 'Hey I saw this here and decided to release it.' would have been the way to do it from the start. Didn't mean to point out the obvious.
__________________
GTP

Last edited by glorify; 02 May 2009 at 00:21.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 02 May 2009, 06:05
DefenceTalk DefenceTalk is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Red face

Originally Posted by DefenceTalk View Post
Anyway to replace forum feed URLs for each forum in this mod with feedburner?
Whoever can figure this out should get the ownership of the mod.

No really guys, anybody know how to do this?
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 02 May 2009, 11:46
nexialys
Guest
 
hum, strangely, i fall on this release months after it's firstpost, and see that there is a "war" about who released something similar before?
Originally Posted by veenuisthebest View Post
There are many other skins/sites that I have seen using this before I released. Maybe yours was one of them, or maybe not. Its such a easy template edit that anybody can do this, so not sure to whom the credit for the idea goes to.

Thanks for noticing after 3 months though.



But because you said so, I really don't mind adding your name to the co-auths. Anybody else wants it?
Thanks venus, as you say, you saw similar template edit in the past, you can see it here: http://vbenhancer.com/free-features-...ool-icons/446/

... and i don't care if someone release something to mimic one of my addons, my version was created 4 years ago and never released on vb.org, so why bother following the mood of "i made it first"... tsss

adding someone else to co-authors.. come on, nobody helped you create this release.

Last edited by nexialys; 02 May 2009 at 11:52.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 06 May 2009, 06:34
funkmeister funkmeister is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Everything works great, except with sub-forums and Safari. I'm seeing some wierd display issues - both MAC and Windows.

On the MAC there is some doubling-up of the icons and alignment issues and on Windows just the alignment issue.

Again, this is just with Safari and sub-forums. The regular forums with the controls are rendered fine, even with Safari!

The various flavours of IE, plus Firefox and Chrome don't have this issue, just Safari. I'm on 3.8.2.

Any ideas on how to correct it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg safarimac.jpg (17.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg safariwindows.jpg (14.5 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by funkmeister; 06 May 2009 at 06:40.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 20:09.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: