Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
Admin Log In As User Details »
Admin Log In As User
Mod Version: 3.21, by Abe1 (Coder) Abe1 is offline
Developer Last Online: Jun 2010 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.0.0 Rating: (113 votes - 4.83 average) Installs: 1340
Released: 16 Nov 2009 Last Update: 17 Nov 2009 Downloads: 6589
Not Supported Uses Plugins Auto-Template Translations  

Admin Log In As User


About this hack:
This hack allows any admin that you set in admin permissions, to log in as any user. You have to go to the user's profile page and there will be a link to 'Log In As This User'. Also, there is a link the drop down menu in the ACP User Manager. If you are logged in as another user, you will get a message on top of the forum saying, 'You are currently logged in as another user. Click here to log back into your account.'

This hack is very easy to install. This hack has only the admin yes/no option. Just install and it's ready to be used!

Enjoy!

Installation information on hack:
  • Files edited: 0
  • Templates edited: 0
  • Files to upload: 1 (Product file via ACP only)
  • Time to install: 5 seconds

Updates:

Version 3.20 (11/16/09):
  • Released for vb 4.0 beta 3
Version 3.21 (11/17/09):
  • Removed the option to log in as yourself.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	6372
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	106183   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	4011
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	106184   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.JPG
Views:	4467
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	106185   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	3264
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	106186  

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Administrative and Maintenance Tools Admin Log In As User Abe1 vBulletin 3.7 Add-ons 302 06 Mar 2014 17:01
Only Show IP:Logged if user is admin or supermod, and disable Post report by user Fallout2man vBulletin 2.x Full Releases 32 30 Jul 2002 01:20

  #301  
Old 27 Dec 2010, 17:28
kroko kroko is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Real name: Henrik
i really love this hack but can't install it. can somone tell me how to fix this so it works with the newest version of vbulletin?
Reply With Quote
  #302  
Old 28 Dec 2010, 03:50
RK KINGKONG RK KINGKONG is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Real name: ROBB
Question 4.1 p2 update ?

maybe will there be an update for vb 4.1 p2 ?
Reply With Quote
  #303  
Old 28 Dec 2010, 03:56
Boofo's Avatar
Boofo Boofo is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Real name: Rob
Again... it works fine with the latest vb version. Read the last few posts and you will see where the fix is. If you all can't look through 16 pages, then maybe you don't need it installed.
Reply With Quote
  #304  
Old 28 Dec 2010, 20:54
RK KINGKONG RK KINGKONG is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Real name: ROBB
Question i messed up

I wish i wouldve seen the fix sooner but being a noob . I guess i screwed myself . I had uninstalled it already . so now seeing the fix it says to make the changes n install as an overwrite . i got that part but now it wont let me install the original .xml saying its not compatible .:
The following dependencies were not met:
This product is not compatible with version 4.1.0 of vBulletin. (Compatible starting with 4.0.0 alpha 1 / Incompatible with 4.1.0 alpha 1 and greater)
so by uninstalling it i guess i screwed my self.

Originally Posted by Boofo View Post
Again... it works fine with the latest vb version. Read the last few posts and you will see where the fix is. If you all can't look through 16 pages, then maybe you don't need it installed.
Reply With Quote
  #305  
Old 28 Dec 2010, 21:04
Boofo's Avatar
Boofo Boofo is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Real name: Rob
Originally Posted by RK KINGKONG View Post
I wish i wouldve seen the fix sooner but being a noob . I guess i screwed myself . I had uninstalled it already . so now seeing the fix it says to make the changes n install as an overwrite . i got that part but now it wont let me install the original .xml saying its not compatible .:
The following dependencies were not met:
This product is not compatible with version 4.1.0 of vBulletin. (Compatible starting with 4.0.0 alpha 1 / Incompatible with 4.1.0 alpha 1 and greater)
so by uninstalling it i guess i screwed my self.
In the xml file, change this:

<dependency dependencytype="vbulletin" minversion="4.0.0 alpha 1" maxversion="4.1.0 alpha 1" />
to this:

<dependency dependencytype="vbulletin" minversion="4.0.0 alpha 1" maxversion="" />
Reply With Quote
  #306  
Old 28 Dec 2010, 21:35
RK KINGKONG RK KINGKONG is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Real name: ROBB
OK I got it after making the proper xml edits and going to usergrousp/adminstrator permissions and setting it to yes , it now works thanks BOOFO for making me look deeper into this , I wasnt aware for I know absolutely nothing about this , a buddy of mine set up the site before leaving to the military and im stuck with a crash course in things i never knew anything about . LOL


RUNNING GREAT ON 4.1 PATCH 2
Reply With Quote
  #307  
Old 28 Dec 2010, 21:49
Boofo's Avatar
Boofo Boofo is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Real name: Rob
Originally Posted by RK KINGKONG View Post
OK I got it after making the proper xml edits and going to usergrousp/adminstrator permissions and setting it to yes , it now works thanks BOOFO for making me look deeper into this , I wasnt aware for I know absolutely nothing about this , a buddy of mine set up the site before leaving to the military and im stuck with a crash course in things i never knew anything about . LOL


RUNNING GREAT ON 4.1 PATCH 2
Glad you got it working.
Reply With Quote
  #308  
Old 29 Dec 2010, 00:24
Athena1984 Athena1984 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Originally Posted by Boofo View Post
Again... it works fine with the latest vb version. Read the last few posts and you will see where the fix is. If you all can't look through 16 pages, then maybe you don't need it installed.
You shouldn't have to read through 16 pages... it should be in the first post!
Reply With Quote
  #309  
Old 29 Dec 2010, 00:35
Boofo's Avatar
Boofo Boofo is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Real name: Rob
Originally Posted by Athena1984 View Post
You shouldn't have to read through 16 pages... it should be in the first post!
"Should be" and "is" aren't always the same, especially when it is clearly stated in the beginning that the mod is "not supported".
Reply With Quote
  #310  
Old 29 Dec 2010, 00:39
Athena1984 Athena1984 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Yeah, understood but, if it is clear that people are having issues it would be easier to just post fixes that other members have found instead of letting a thread get unnecessarily long which leave users having to read through a lot of BS before finding a fix.

Anyway, I've found the fix for 4.1.x

Here and here are the posts for it for anyone who needs it.
Reply With Quote
  #311  
Old 29 Dec 2010, 01:00
Boofo's Avatar
Boofo Boofo is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Real name: Rob
Well, when the fix has been referenced to and someone can't read one of two posts back to see it, that is getting a little lazy and ridiculous.
Reply With Quote
  #312  
Old 29 Dec 2010, 02:01
Athena1984 Athena1984 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Yeah, you're probably right but, I'm just saying. I figured someone had posted a fix for this which is why I started to read through first. I always check the last post and go backwards if the mod is old/unsupported. Some people may start from the beginning which is a lot to sort through before getting to a solution. I really wasn't trying to be rude though... I just understand from the other stand point how irritating it can be.
Reply With Quote
  #313  
Old 29 Dec 2010, 02:24
LLent LLent is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
i have this installed and i am starting to not see the log in as user in profile on many members how do i remedy this ...
Reply With Quote
  #314  
Old 29 Dec 2010, 02:51
Athena1984 Athena1984 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Did you upgrade your forum to the latest release? If so, those links in post 310 should help. I just installed it today and it works like a charm.
Reply With Quote
  #315  
Old 29 Dec 2010, 03:11
LLent LLent is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Originally Posted by Athena1984 View Post
Did you upgrade your forum to the latest release? If so, those links in post 310 should help. I just installed it today and it works like a charm.
i am using 4.0.7 looked at your links an i am good on that but still have issue with not seeing link in user profile on some members ...in acp i see the link when i choose it redirects me back to user profile...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:02.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: