Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
SCANU's Warning to Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Details »
SCANU's Warning to Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
Developer Last Online: Sep 2019 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.x.x Rating: (23 votes - 4.83 average) Installs: 185
Released: 13 Sep 2011 Last Update: 15 Aug 2012 Downloads: 746
Supported Uses Plugins Auto-Template Translations  

Description

This modification add a warn in the forum that alert users that they are awaiting email confirmation (only if they are). Look at the screenshots for more!

Installation - Upgrade
Upload the xml file via admincp and go in settings -> Warning to users... to customize the text and the style
Upgrade: Redownload and reupload the file, making sure that overwriting is set to yes

Translations
  • Arabic language by Dr.OsamA (download in the attachments)

IF YOU LIKE THIS MOD PLEASE MARK AS INSTALLED AND NOMINATE

To get support:
  1. Mark this mod as Installed
  2. Copy/Pasted errors or screenshots
  3. URL/link to site

Thanks to CharlieDelta for the idea and thanks to my brother that allowed me to use his style. Please if there are errors in the phrases let me know.
To the coders: This mod use javascript and css but i don't want to write them in other files because i like that the mod is easy to install so you have not to upload files, the image too are situated in online server so you don't have to download and re-upload in your server. That's all

If you like italian G-funk/rap please try out this music or this music
If you like italian rap try out this music

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	warnaca.png
Views:	1313
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	134211   Click image for larger version

Name:	CSS.jpg
Views:	690
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	134214   Click image for larger version

Name:	Settings.jpg
Views:	594
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	134215  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Old 20 Nov 2011, 15:42

I've updated the English in this file. The explanation provided is a little longer than the original, but friendlier and clearer on explaining the process.

Hello username, if you reading this, it means your one last step away from becoming a member. Please check your e-mail for your e-mail conformation letter to activate your account. You will not be able to reply or post until you confirm your account. If after a while you can't find your e-mail confirmation letter in your inbox, please double-check your spam box as it could mistakenly get lost there. Finally if you still after waiting do not receive your confirmation e-mail, you can Click here to be sent a new one.
Attached Files
File Type: xml Warning to Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 2.0.xml (13.7 KB, 8 views)
Old 20 Nov 2011, 17:20

Originally Posted by OldSchoolDSL View Post
I've updated the English in this file. The explanation provided is a little longer than the original, but friendlier and clearer on explaining the process.

Hello username, if you reading this, it means your one last step away from becoming a member. Please check your e-mail for your e-mail conformation letter to activate your account. You will not be able to reply or post until you confirm your account. If after a while you can't find your e-mail confirmation letter in your inbox, please double-check your spam box as it could mistakenly get lost there. Finally if you still after waiting do not receive your confirmation e-mail, you can Click here to be sent a new one.
In the first incidence ... confirmation not conformation ....

Regards,
Doug
Old 20 Nov 2011, 20:22

Originally Posted by OldSchoolDSL View Post

Thank you so much for your great help!
Old 21 Nov 2011, 04:22

Originally Posted by BadgerDog View Post
In the first incidence ... confirmation not conformation ....

Regards,
Doug
No sleep makes for poor thinking. LOL

This corrects my typing error and lack of sleep.
Attached Files
File Type: xml Warning to Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 2.0.xml (13.7 KB, 5 views)
Old 08 Jan 2012, 16:08

Only problem I see is that this shows only on forum pages, not in CMS and other pages. Is there a way to make it visible on all pages?

Also, please include in CSS option to manually decide how wide is notice to users waiting email confirmation. Now I need to change it manually (I use pretty long text).

You could add this link: profile.php?do=editpassword It leads to options for changing email address, as some users give wrong email address and with this link they could change it and try confirm another one.

Anyway, pretty useful, especially if it will work on all pages.
Old 08 Jan 2012, 18:25

Thanks for your suggestion is appreciated! However, this will work in all page as Guest Warn
Old 08 Jan 2012, 22:49

I don't understand what you mean when you say it will work on all pages as guest warn? I use this mod too, and that mod checks for register script. If someone is unregistered, it provides way that it's visible everywhere.

But this mod works only on forum and profile as far as I know. If user who waits email confirmation goes else (CMS, Blog, etc) he doesn't see message.
Old 08 Jan 2012, 23:20

I was having this problem on Guest Warn, it was'nt showing on CMS, but with the update i've fixed that bug so in the next version i'll fix the bug.

Sorry for so long waiting update but i'm working in a product to add the Xenforo's login bar on Vbulletin
Old 09 Jan 2012, 07:23

Originally Posted by Scanu View Post
I was having this problem on Guest Warn, it was'nt showing on CMS, but with the update i've fixed that bug so in the next version i'll fix the bug.

Sorry for so long waiting update but i'm working in a product to add the Xenforo's login bar on Vbulletin
Nice!
Looking forward to it
Old 09 Jan 2012, 07:31

Hi Andrea, I want to report this to you, when you click the link and it takes you to the confirmation page to re-send email, the box doesn't disappear and the box covers the send button.
Usually this can be confusing for new members.

Also in the alert this feature should be added in case user is not receiving emails to ISP due to emails that can be blocked, there should be an option to change email address to use a different email if they are having issues receiving emails.

There should be a link to this in the pop up box: http://www.yourdomain.com/profile.php?do=editpassword
Attached Images
File Type: jpg covert.jpg (82.1 KB, 15 views)
Old 09 Jan 2012, 13:48

The warning is hiding the button you should move the box by setting the options in the pca
Regarding the link thanks this is usefully i will put it in the default text of the nex version
Old 09 Jan 2012, 23:30

Originally Posted by Alan_SP View Post
You could add this link: profile.php?do=editpassword It leads to options for changing email address, as some users give wrong email address and with this link they could change it and try confirm another one.
Originally Posted by thecore762 View Post
There should be a link to this in the pop up box: http://www.yourdomain.com/profile.php?do=editpassword
Already added suggestion for link.

Anyway, in form I suggested it's universal link, you don't need to enter your domain info, just put it in as any other href link.
Old 12 Jan 2012, 07:13

Hi,

Thank you for this mod. Just what I've been looking for.

But I noticed that the warning is still appear when the user just activate their account via email.

The warning still pop in the page where this vBulletin message appear :

Thank you, <username>. Your registration is now complete.

You may now proceed to edit your Profile in order to fill in additional personal details about yourself, or you could modify your Options to customize your browsing experience of this site. Bla bla bla....

How to fix this?
Old 16 Feb 2012, 16:55

Hello,

Thank you it s ok for vb 4.1.0.0 Beautiful Work

Is what we can put an image instead of a colored background ?

Peux t on avoir plus de choix sur les couleurs ?

Thank you Scanu, I m happy to found this hack... Nice
Old 16 Feb 2012, 19:23

If you are good on css coding you can change the style in the xml file or directly from the pca in the plugin (there's just one plugin of this mod)