Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Duplicate IP Report by BOP5 (Checks for users sharing the same IP Addresses) VB3/VB4 Details »
Duplicate IP Report by BOP5 (Checks for users sharing the same IP Addresses) VB3/VB4
Developer Last Online: Nov 2019 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.x.x Rating: (30 votes - 5.00 average) Installs: 327
Released: 06 May 2012 Last Update: 17 Dec 2012 Downloads: 1398
Supported Additional Files Translations  

Brought to you by BirdOPrey5
www.Qapla.com

Version 2.1.2 - Fixed MySQLi bug - Introduced GOLD/Premium Version
Version 2.1 - Added BBCode to Banned Users and Post Count Options, better debug info
Version 2.0 - Added report for Registration (User) IP Address Checking

Check out the GOLD Version for these additional features:
  • Run reports directly from the Admin CP anytime you want
  • Post daily report as a "New Post" into an existing thread rather than a "New Thread" each night
  • Access to another Gold Mod- Recent Registration Check- will block spammers and scammers trying to register multiple accounts from the same IP address

This mod will run a nightly scan of your "post" and/or "user" table. It will report if it finds any users sharing the same IP address. You choose in the options how many days back you want to look. (Max of 5000 days, but please use more reasonable limits.)

If any "duplicate use" is found the IP addresses, usernames and optionally the posts themselves will be reported.

See a real report: Report Demo at Qapla.com

The report takes the form of a new thread posted to the forum of the Admin's choosing (A private forum for mods or admins is strongly recommended.)

There are options for whitelisting (ignoring) specific IP Addresses and/or userids so if you or your mods post as other users you can prevent that from being reported. If you use the Zoints Anonymous Posting mod you will want to put that userid on the whitelist else the report will out whoever posted "Anonymously."

NOTE: There are PERFECTLY valid reasons 2 or more users may share the same IP address. This report in and of itself is not proof of malicious activity. Users that connect by mobile devices, work in same offices, or go to the same schools for example would likely share the same IP address on some posts. So would too any users connecting from the same home or public Wi-Fi network.

As of version 2.0 there is a report for both the "post" and "user" table. The "user" table will find when 2 or more users register with the same IP address.

Tested and working on VB 3.8.7 and VB 4.1.12/4.2.0 and should work on all 3.7 / 3.8 / 4.x versions.

------------------------------------------------------

Please "Mark as Installed" if you use this.
Donations always appreciated.
Nominate MOTM if you LOVE it!

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	dupecheck_settings.jpg
Views:	1115
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	138294   Click image for larger version

Name:	dupecheck_vb3.jpg
Views:	1659
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	138507   Click image for larger version

Name:	dupecheck_vb4.jpg
Views:	1071
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	138508  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Track all Duplicate IP Addresses via Admin CP (by Jolten) tamarian vBulletin 3.5 Add-ons 66 21 Apr 2011 17:35
Track all Duplicate IP Addresses via Admin CP Jolten vBulletin 3.0 Full Releases 73 28 Jul 2006 06:04

Old 12 Jan 2013, 15:12

In the download zip for this mod there is a folder called upload, inside upload is includes, inside includes is cron, and inside cron in the file: bop5_dupeip.php

Using FTP upload bop5_dupeip.php onto your vBulletin install in the folder /includes/cron/

The folders after /upload/ match where the files need to go in your forums. Same as with the VB install files when you installed the forum.

(@BirdOPrey5) Former vb.org Moderator. Fighting for a free & independent vb.org.
BirdOPrey5.com - Exclusive VB Mods! (Formerly Qapla.com) | Joe's Ultimate Off Topic
Note - I do not read my PMs often, do not expect quick replies.
Old 20 Feb 2013, 15:13

Took me awhile but I finally came up with some things that would be helpful (at least for me) At the moment I have it setup to post a thread/report into a dedicated forum. However I would like to stop those that have access to the forum from posting within the same thread. So would it possible to add a feature to auto-close the thread upon its posting? Also having the ability to make the thread auto-sticky for X amount of days would be great. This would allow x amount of reports (a week in my case) worth of reports to remain at the top of the forum and not get lost in the staff's chit chat.

TIA
Old 03 Mar 2013, 12:52

Originally Posted by Hostboard View Post
Took me awhile but I finally came up with some things that would be helpful (at least for me) At the moment I have it setup to post a thread/report into a dedicated forum. However I would like to stop those that have access to the forum from posting within the same thread. So would it possible to add a feature to auto-close the thread upon its posting? Also having the ability to make the thread auto-sticky for X amount of days would be great. This would allow x amount of reports (a week in my case) worth of reports to remain at the top of the forum and not get lost in the staff's chit chat.

TIA
Closed threads is a good idea- I will make sure it is an option in the next update.

In the mean time if you want closed threads just edit the php file that came with the mod (in the /includes/cron/ directory)

Find the line:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

And directly below it add:

That will create all threads as closed threads.

If you want to go back to open threads just change $isopen = 1 instead.

The sticky threads for X number of days isn't likely to happen, would be too much code with nothing to do with this mod IMO.

(@BirdOPrey5) Former vb.org Moderator. Fighting for a free & independent vb.org.
BirdOPrey5.com - Exclusive VB Mods! (Formerly Qapla.com) | Joe's Ultimate Off Topic
Old 03 Mar 2013, 13:45

Not likely either- that would require keeping some type of log in the database which means creating new database tables, regular reading from and updates to those tables, just an annoyance from a coding point of view.

Old 04 Mar 2013, 12:42

The 2 existing queries can be quite heavy, especially on large forms- doubling the queries would cause more timeout issues or require forum admins to restrict how far back the mod looks even more. That's why if I did implement this feature it would be with a custom log not a duplicate query one day earlier.

Second issue with your logic, there would be a report every other day.

Old 18 Jul 2013, 03:11

Has anyone seen two users with the same ips multiple times that also use tapatalk? It seems posts made either from tapatalk or mobile phones in general more commonly get the same ips.
Old 18 Jul 2013, 10:59

Originally Posted by tpearl5 View Post
Has anyone seen two users with the same ips multiple times that also use tapatalk? It seems posts made either from tapatalk or mobile phones in general more commonly get the same ips.
Yes, as I noted in the first post users using mobile devices often share the same IP address. I have users in different states that often end up sharing the same verizon wireless, cingular, at&t, or sprint IP addresses because they are using their cell phones to access. It's not Tapatalk's IP address, it's the fact the mobile providers don't use unique IPs.

Old 18 Jul 2013, 11:45

Right, okay. I read everything but the rest of the first post And that's what I figured with the mobile IP's.
Old 09 Sep 2013, 05:59

Question

BOP5 you always come up with the best mods! This is exactly what I was looking for

Nominated for MOTM.

When I ran it I saw some code. Is it normal for it to display this in the ACP?

Old 09 Sep 2013, 09:51

Yes, if you run the task manually I have it display the queries for debugging purposes. It won't show if not run manually.

Old 09 Sep 2013, 11:39

What do I need to change in the scheduled task so it will run once every 7 days on a Monday. Time does not matter as long as it runs each Monday.
Old 09 Sep 2013, 12:06

To do that do the following..

Day of the week: Monday
Day of the Month: *
Hour: what ever hour of the day you want
Minute: what ever minute of the day you want
Old 10 Sep 2013, 05:41

Thanks
Old 10 Sep 2013, 06:57

No problem ForceHSS ....
Old 17 Sep 2013, 17:34

When I hit Run Report Now :