Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07 Jul 2014, 04:59
Iguana Goddess's Avatar
Iguana Goddess Iguana Goddess is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Real name: Jennifer
Text looks blury.



In the first red circle the text looks smooth. How do I make the 2nd circled text the same?
__________________
www.rejecthaven.com
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07 Jul 2014, 05:08
tbworld tbworld is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Use your browser's developer tools, for some discovery. I think you will find that the text is sitting on top of an image.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07 Jul 2014, 05:15
Iguana Goddess's Avatar
Iguana Goddess Iguana Goddess is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Real name: Jennifer
How would that be possible? The text sitting on an image.
__________________
www.rejecthaven.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07 Jul 2014, 05:21
tbworld tbworld is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Originally Posted by Iguana Goddess View Post
How would that be possible? The text sitting on an image.
Modern day browsers (after netscape 4, 1996) will let you nest images and text.

I checked your site. See class ".forumhead", you have a gradient on that class.

The gradient is normal vBulletin, but you do not need it in your style design. It is most likely attached to a stylevar, since it is vBulletin.

Last edited by tbworld; 07 Jul 2014 at 05:27.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07 Jul 2014, 05:50
Iguana Goddess's Avatar
Iguana Goddess Iguana Goddess is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Real name: Jennifer
Unless I am misunderstanding you, I removed the gradient and it didn't help the text. I put the gradient back.
__________________
www.rejecthaven.com
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07 Jul 2014, 06:00
tbworld tbworld is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Originally Posted by Iguana Goddess View Post
Unless I am misunderstanding you, I removed the gradient and it didn't help the text. I put the gradient back.
You have a style that uses gradients and png's as backgrounds. In your case it is sitting on a few of them. This can do odd things to text as the pixels are merged. It could be something else, but I did not see anything in the CSS, except what I explained above.

Maybe someone else will have a better explanation for you.

--------------- Added 07 Jul 2014 at 06:25 ---------------

For some reason you have text-shadow enabled. Remove it from the following class or overwrite the class disabling it.


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07 Jul 2014, 19:01
Iguana Goddess's Avatar
Iguana Goddess Iguana Goddess is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Real name: Jennifer
Originally Posted by tbworld View Post
You have a style that uses gradients and png's as backgrounds. In your case it is sitting on a few of them. This can do odd things to text as the pixels are merged. It could be something else, but I did not see anything in the CSS, except what I explained above.

Maybe someone else will have a better explanation for you.

--------------- Added 07 Jul 2014 at 06:25 ---------------

For some reason you have text-shadow enabled. Remove it from the following class or overwrite the class disabling it.


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.
How do I do this? I went through the stylevars several times and can't find anywhere that shadow is enabled. Sorry, my knowledge with coding is pretty limited.
__________________
www.rejecthaven.com
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07 Jul 2014, 19:08
tbworld tbworld is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Originally Posted by Iguana Goddess View Post
How do I do this? I went through the stylevars several times and can't find anywhere that shadow is enabled. Sorry, my knowledge with coding is pretty limited.

Add this to the bottom of your additional.css template on that style.


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07 Jul 2014, 19:38
Iguana Goddess's Avatar
Iguana Goddess Iguana Goddess is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Real name: Jennifer
Originally Posted by tbworld View Post
Add this to the bottom of your additional.css template on that style.


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Oh thank you so so so much for taking the time to help me
__________________
www.rejecthaven.com
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09 Jul 2014, 00:13
tbworld tbworld is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Glad I could assist.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BB Code Enhancements Text Fade (Rainbow Faded Text) BBCode BirdOPrey5 Modification Graveyard 34 08 Aug 2011 00:40



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 16:36.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: