Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
vBPurchase 1.0c.fl1 Details »
vBPurchase 1.0c.fl1
Developer Last Online: Jun 2008 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.0.7 Rating: (2 votes - 5.00 average) Installs: 20
Released: 16 Jun 2005 Last Update: 01 Jul 2005 Downloads: 144
Not Supported DB Changes Template Edits Code Changes  

FULL RELEASE!

**ATTN**
USE THE FIX LIST ---> AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE COMPLETED EACH STEP BEFORE INSTALLING. IF YOU HAVE ALREADY INSTALLED, JUST MAKE SURE YOU DO THEM SOON.

For those of you with other versions installed please upgrade using the upgrade_OLDVERSION_NEWVERSION.txt and everything will workfine.

READ ALL OF THIS BEFORE POSTING AND BEFORE DOWNLOADING:
This is not a beta anymore, but it is for capable, expirienced users only. This can be used as a final product, but it is not meant to be a final product. Users will proabably want to add some features for their own forum to meet their unique needs.

Overview:
This is a purchase/member area hack for vBulletin that is integrated with paypal. It comes with no warrantee, no installer, and limited support. It has been tested on all 3.0.x versions and is working (for the most part).

Bugs:
- I did not include admincp phrases
- There are problems when usernames contain '

Suggestions:
- Custom order fields

Notices:
- There is no support extension, but this hack does automatically add users to a new usergroup if you want it to, and therefore you can have a support forum for your users who have actually purchased items.

Originally Posted by shah
For those that keep asking this, this is a store hack which is strikingly similar to the ones found at vbadvanced.com, vbcore.com, cinvin.com, go to their products.php page and you will see.

It let's you add licenses/services/products and lets you sell each. You set the price and description from the admin, and it automatically appears in the purchase.php page, from their the user has the option to buy the product and once he/she has paid the price, they will be redirected to the page where they can download the file/license that they have purchased. Hope this descritption helps a little.

Like he has mentioned, you need to know what your doing and you are required to have a paypal account to install this hack, if you don't have paypal, then you pretty much can't use it I guess, not sure.
Thanks shah

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Old 14 Aug 2005, 22:03

Max, once I hear back from psalz with the paypal fix then that should do it for me and you.
Old 15 Aug 2005, 04:03

Who is using this in a live store?

Links?
Old 17 Aug 2005, 05:57

Originally Posted by Mythotical
Here is a screenshot of what I see in my Members Area, the style licenses are listed as services and not licenses.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...tical/test.jpg
Well, the problem lies when purchase.php does this:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

either $items or $temp are wrong. I haven't debugged it at all to see which is incorrect, but $temp[0] ends up being empty so the item lookup fails (which ends up defaulting the item type to service). Is exploding a string to the same variable name kosher? I'm not much of a PHP coder, so someone else will have to tell me
Old 22 Aug 2005, 01:35

Originally Posted by Ron1n
If you want to just tell me your plans and I'll see if its OK. I'll be releasing something similar to this in about a month that supports modules (payment options) and more types of products. I sorta rushed this thing into public development and in doing so looked over some things. I am slowly but surely hacking away at my other projects and will get back to this soon.

msn: [email protected]
Hi ron1n, currently I am developing for vbulletin 3.5 and am making progress, albeit slow.

While I am predicting it will be completely rewritten I will still mark credit thanks to your originality. If it is not completely rewritten I will assuredly ask for your permission before I release this hack.

I'll go ahead and submit and show what I've done when and after I've done it. For now it is only functional on 3.0.7. I have yet to migrate it with the new help support system I plan to integrate.

Also for clarification purposes when I meant that I am working in secret I meant that I would use it only for personal and private sites, not releasing the code to other individuals due to the dependency on your and other people's hacks.

I hope this is a respectable treatment to your work. If not let's talk more.

[email protected]
Old 22 Aug 2005, 09:46

I have already received a few pms and emails about the status. Please understand this isn't my hack and that I do not feel comfortable supplying more information without his permission.

I'm sorry if you have other thoughts in mind. I respect creativity first and foremost, so I hope you understand why I am hesitant to share someone else's brainchild that I only edited, even if a decent amount...

Anyways, Ron1n I am sending you another PM.
Old 22 Aug 2005, 22:59

Some good news

Although I am still having problems contacting ron1n with my MSN (i can communicate with others strangely enough) we have discussed the status of vBPurchase.

Whenever I can actually see him we'll discuss the port to 3.5. On that note I do have the full port of his original script completed. The bugs seem to be worked out and it installs nicely, but being the nature of these scripts I'm sure something will break on another user's incarnation.

If time is on my side I will also port over wh1tesox's current version of HelpDesk to 3.5. It'll be a quick and dirty port though, as he is already working on the 3.5 version. With further permission, I will most likely upgrade the script to his latest version But a big thanks to him and of course ron1n for letting me play as script monkey.

Also while it does look promising, I'm not making promises this will be released.
Old 29 Aug 2005, 21:41

Originally Posted by WhisperPntr
Although I am still having problems contacting ron1n with my MSN (i can communicate with others strangely enough) we have discussed the status of vBPurchase.

Whenever I can actually see him we'll discuss the port to 3.5. On that note I do have the full port of his original script completed. The bugs seem to be worked out and it installs nicely, but being the nature of these scripts I'm sure something will break on another user's incarnation.

If time is on my side I will also port over wh1tesox's current version of HelpDesk to 3.5. It'll be a quick and dirty port though, as he is already working on the 3.5 version. With further permission, I will most likely upgrade the script to his latest version But a big thanks to him and of course ron1n for letting me play as script monkey.

Also while it does look promising, I'm not making promises this will be released.
Status?
Old 30 Aug 2005, 23:01

Yes, I like to see this hack in vB3.5

Deska.
Old 13 Sep 2005, 17:17

Arrow Will pay for an install of a working, bug free vbpurchase or other store

If there is anyone capable and interested installing a store on my site and integrate it into ny vb 3.0.7 and ensure that its working properly and that my users will be able to purchase downloads to their mobile phones like ringtones and graphics, and purchase products and subscription services using vbpurchase or any other store, I am paying! Either PM or reply to the thread. Please dont waste either our times if you cant make this happen.
Old 13 Sep 2005, 17:26

Wow! This mod looks great but it does need some better instructions and a total clean up.
My paypal account doesn't list a token value...
Old 13 Sep 2005, 17:37

Originally Posted by rlamego
Wow! This mod looks great but it does need some better instructions and a total clean up.
My paypal account doesn't list a token value...
The question is can you or anyone install the mod. It doesnt have to list a token value for me to pay does it?
Old 13 Sep 2005, 18:00

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TPCCom
The question is can you or anyone install the mod. It doesnt have to list a token value for me to pay does it?
Yeah noticed that.. Paypal does have some new tools such as this token hash feature which (as followed in the authors install script) I followed each step by step and it worked no problem. It's even creating the proper IPN log files. If you do not see these from your paypal.com account, the chances are you are not setup as a Paypal Verified Business (account) and therefore will not be able to make use of this "token" feature provided to this exact script (however this can be EASILY re-written) along side with the results of IPN logs being stored in the db (vs file path).

The biggest problem (no disrepect whatsoever to author) with this script would have to be the part during paypal / ordering. As shown above, the coder has used $productinfo (or $product) .. (I cannot remember) for both arrays while inserting information into the DB. All I did to get it talking the the db properly was to carefully review the variables and what arrays were being passed around into the Query statements.

(If you notice, both arrays are on top of eachother.. one array is for the paypal response, the other is to build the array (I think) to pass into your mysql db).

Below you will find the code that works perfect for our use. As you'll see, there is a new customized email that is also sent to "you" and/or 1 other person you wish to send the order email notification to.

I am not supporting this hack, but I've noticed countless posts about IPN not working within this thread. Hopefully this code may shed some light on the subject.

<strong>Note:</strong> We have customized this script just a little to also support "product support renewals". Basically, this allows a user to download the software and they re-pay (later on) for a support "renewal". What it will do is let the user "pay to renew their downloads" and will only update the "expiry date" for that user (and will not insert a new order as it normally would). This simply prevents that 1 user from seeing many rows for the same product that expires using the original method. There is one basic if condition block in the code below that you can remove to reflect the original state of this script.

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Let me know if this helps anyone.

Regards,

Peter
Old 13 Sep 2005, 18:28

Peter,

I sent you an email. Can you take a look at it.
Old 01 Oct 2005, 07:39

Any plans to bring this to 3.5?
Old 09 Oct 2005, 13:43

This would be great for 3.5

Thanks,
Mat