Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Old 07 Jun 2006, 23:38

Originally Posted by GamerzWorld
As I posted on the other thread I just dont have confidence the best board will win. This isn't against the staff but just the community here. Maybe I am wrong
I think in the beginning, you may be right. The voting will probably go to the site that has the best name recognition. As time goes on though, it will actually start going to site's that don't have a name, but just a great design.

I firmly believe that having a Botm (Board of the Month) here at .org, benifit's all of our coder's. I think it is neat to go look at other site's that use the vbulletin software, but have added different hack's/mod's to their site's and to see how these hack's/mod's are being utilized. I personally don't believe that my site would be as great (my opinion) as it is, without .org and the coder's. I too, would love to see everyone that has a site that is built around vbulletin.com software, but upgraded with code's from within .org, share their work with everyone here at .org.

I sure hope the admin's/mod's continue on with this addition to .org. I for one am looking forward to seeing some very kick butt sites.

hotwheels
Old 07 Jun 2006, 23:39

Originally Posted by hotwheels
I think in the beginning, you may be right. The voting will probably go to the site that has the best name recognition. As time goes on though, it will actually start going to site's that don't have a name, but just a great design.

I firmly believe that having a Botm (Board of the Month) here at .org, benifit's all of our coder's. I think it is neat to go look at other site's that use the vbulletin software, but have added different hack's/mod's to their site's and to see how these hack's/mod's are being utilized. I personally don't believe that my site would be as great (my opinion) as it is, without .org and the coder's. I too, would love to see everyone that has a site that is built around vbulletin.com software, but upgraded with code's from within .org, share their work with everyone here at .org.

I sure hope the admin's/mod's continue on with this addition to .org. I for one am looking forward to seeing some very kick butt sites.

hotwheels
Thank you for your positive input, it's appreciated and I am glad you have decided to take part in our first BotM
Old 08 Jun 2006, 02:22

Originally Posted by sab2000sab
Forum: Photo Sharing Forum

I would like to nominate Photo Sharing Forum because I think it is one of the best I have seen with a very nice look and feel. I also think that the entire site is very useful and interesting. It seems to be a fairly new site, but I think it has great potential. I've spent a few days searching for vBulletin sites, and this one stuck out to me.
Seconded..

Read helpful articles and get help with your community @ TheAdminZone

Last edited by Caiman; 08 Jun 2006 at 02:28.
Old 08 Jun 2006, 06:50

I nominate www.youthwar.com [my forum]

It is a Christian Youth forum, and so far has being going really well. I really like the general casual, relaxed feel of it. There are quite a few mods/hacks on it to make it more interesting, but i love the rotating banners. If there is one thing anyone should like, it is the rotating banners :P (banner changes each time you reload the site). Still quite a lot of work i intend on doing on it, but its not looking to bad.
Old 08 Jun 2006, 11:46

Today it's the 8 only 3 days left. Can someone of the staff give a overview of the nominees and votes already done? Would be nice to see who are in the run
Old 08 Jun 2006, 15:42

We dont pick them until the end of the 3 days so we cant tell you who is winning what yet
Old 09 Jun 2006, 14:03

Originally Posted by Ntfu2
We dont pick them until the end of the 3 days so we cant tell you who is winning what yet
I know, but the current boards nominated... (Named) and the number of times they got called
Old 11 Jun 2006, 01:41

Tomorrows the last day ladies and gentlemen.

Any last minute entries for the first ever board of the month?
Old 11 Jun 2006, 02:21

Originally Posted by Ntfu2
Tomorrows the last day ladies and gentlemen.

Any last minute entries for the first ever board of the month?
Yup, now would be a perfect time to enter your nomination
Old 11 Jun 2006, 02:41

I nominate SitePoint.
Old 11 Jun 2006, 02:44

www.stuff-talk.com/forum

A place where you could talk about anything and everything. It has many categories, for different topics. It really saves time when you can get everything there at one place. Although its not much now a lot of features are going to be installed this coming month such as personal photo galleries, webmail, chat and loads more. Alot of work has been done to it even the way you see it now. Its a nice general place to sit and chat about anything thats you have questions on or whatever, theres a place for everything...
It just needs to get its name out there, and i think it will be a wonderful place for many ages.
Old 11 Jun 2006, 05:36

Originally Posted by SirAdrian
I nominate SitePoint.
Please enter a valid description and motivation for your nomination please
Old 11 Jun 2006, 05:43

Originally Posted by The Chief
Please enter a valid description and motivation for your nomination please
Click on the link

A great webmaster community. It has to be the greatest single resource I've found.
Old 11 Jun 2006, 08:05

Hahaa. SirAdrian does have a point. A SitePoint for that matter.

Old 11 Jun 2006, 12:33

Originally Posted by SirAdrian
Click on the link

A great webmaster community. It has to be the greatest single resource I've found.
Yes, I know what it's about, but you need to follow the guidelines even if you would nominate vB.org