Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29 Jun 2014, 19:15

Without seeing the site, I cannot give anymore suggestions. There is most likely a JavaScript error which is causing the CKEditor not to load properly.

--------------- Added 29 Jun 2014 at 19:21 ---------------

You need to look at your browser's console as @Dave was explaining, it will tell you what JavaScript is malfunctioning.
Old 29 Jun 2014, 19:31

Originally Posted by TTPlayground View Post
I removed

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

and now the editor is working fine. vbstatus still seems to be working also, i'm just wondering if it will cause issues later if i leave it as is.

edit: it's not allowing me to edit the status. could i put this code in another place possibly so that it will still work?
The headinclude template will obviously be included into every page, you should include the vBStatus scripts only on the templates which require that functionality.
Old 29 Jun 2014, 19:44

Originally Posted by Dave View Post
The headinclude template will obviously be included into every page, you should include the vBStatus scripts only on the templates which require that functionality.
I guess the easiest way to explain this will be to show you screenshots.

It requires functionality here,

(threads)

and here,

(profile)

This is to enable the editing feature. Where would you recommend that I place the code for those two areas? I tried postbit for threads but it did the same thing as before so I'm assuming that wasn't right.
Old 29 Jun 2014, 20:03

I'm not sure, but you could try to place the vBStatus scripts in the footer template.
If that doesn't work, I wouldn't know what causes it since I didn't make that mod.
Old 29 Jun 2014, 20:04

Also you would need to ask in that mod's thread for support with it, as the general public will have no clue about it.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 29 Jun 2014, 20:13

Originally Posted by TTPlayground View Post
I found the template causing the issue, and I'm not sure what exactly in this code is causing it. I don't want to completely revert it if possible because I had to edit it for a few different mods. Would someone mind taking a look at it and seeing if you can tell what it is? This is the headinclude template:
I had something similar in the footer as i was adding newsfeeds in to my site but the raw code was fine. I had a similar problem with the editor though and without reverting, the removal of the additional CSS seemed to do the trick. I didn't have the time, nor means to go through the entire code, line by line though, so the forum is just doing without a few features / functions at the moment.
Old 29 Jun 2014, 21:04

Thanks everyone for the help! I just went ahead and completely removed the mod, too much trouble to keep :P