Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Username HTML Markup 4.2.x Details »
Username HTML Markup 4.2.x
Developer Last Online: Dec 2019 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.2.x Rating: (54 votes - 4.59 average) Installs: 662
Released: 29 Nov 2009 Last Update: 08 Mar 2014 Downloads: 5351
Supported Uses Plugins Re-usable Code Translations  

Username HTML Markup by Hasann

This Product brought to you by
www.vbulletin-TR.com

Description: This Add-On will showing the Usergroups Username HTML Markup in EVERYWHERE Espacially in

FORUMINDEX / FORUMHOME / FORUMLIST / FORUMDISPLAY / SUBFORUMS

Installation: Import the product-username_html_markup.xml product file via admincp -> product manager -> import/export products

Tested on:
  • vBulletin 4.0.1
  • vBulletin 4.2.2

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	UserName_HTML_MarkUp_ForumHome.jpg
Views:	6476
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	106942   Click image for larger version

Name:	UserName_HTML_MarkUp_ForumDisplay.jpg
Views:	9422
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	106943  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Old 29 Aug 2012, 21:17

Question

Here's the specific problem I am having with this mod...

The html code for the usergroup colors? Shows up in the yellow highlight box whenever you mouse over the avatar on forum home. I need the mod designer to show me how to hide this from showing up in the yellow box.
Old 29 Aug 2012, 22:31

2 time Name showing in 4.2.0
Can u fix it ?
Thanks
Old 29 Aug 2012, 23:26

I have a similar (if not the same) issue...

html-markup.jpg
Old 31 Aug 2012, 12:52

Its been broken since day 1, developer isn't going to be fixing it. Someone else needs to delve into the code either to rewrite how its done so it shows up properly or just ignore it.
Old 06 Sep 2012, 16:45

Removed, need to get permission

Last edited by Shaneisace; 06 Sep 2012 at 18:01.
Old 07 Sep 2012, 05:24

Subscribed, waiting for a fix.
Old 07 Sep 2012, 08:33

I don't think that there will be a fix. I don't want to remove the mod, because it makes the forum look nice, but I would like to figure out a fix for the hover showing the details, like ssoc showed above. I would think that it would be alright for someone to tell us what changes we would need to make in the XML file to accomplish this, since the designer has left it untouched!
Old 07 Sep 2012, 20:16

If you look at the HTML source the Title tag has the Span info stuck into it for some reason. Someone would need to edit the original code to not inject the custom tags into the title tag.
Old 07 Sep 2012, 21:34

Originally Posted by Superorb View Post
If you look at the HTML source the Title tag has the Span info stuck into it for some reason. Someone would need to edit the original code to not inject the custom tags into the title tag.
Is it as simple as removing that line of code, or would you need to replace that line with another conditional tag for mouse over?
Old 07 Sep 2012, 21:47

Originally Posted by Syxguns View Post
Is it as simple as removing that line of code, or would you need to replace that line with another conditional tag for mouse over?
I don't want it to say "Administrator" or "Moderator" for the title tag in all places and for all users. I'd like the title tag to behave like the default install but with the edited colors.

I looked at the code and it's confusing. I haven't done any real coding since C 12 years ago.
Old 07 Sep 2012, 22:41

I don't want it to say "Administrator" or "Moderator" for the title tag in all places and for all users. I'd like the title tag to behave like the default install but with the edited colors.

I looked at the code and it's confusing. I haven't done any real coding since C 12 years ago.
The first part of your question I can answer I think. I only have the colors and the fonts show. You will only know that I'm an Admin because of the color, but it does not say "Administrator" or "Moderator" because I removed the condition in vB.

AdminCP >> Settings > Options > Forum Listings Display Option
At the bottom of the list you will see: "Show Moderators" set that to "No"

I'll take a look at the code. I'm not much of a coder either, but maybe I might find something to change, or speak to another coder, and maybe they can tell me what to change. In fact I know the exact person to ask. Maybe we can figure out how to fix this little problem, and just post a fix in the thread.
Old 07 Sep 2012, 22:54

The first part of your question I can answer I think. I only have the colors and the fonts show. You will only know that I'm an Admin because of the color, but it does not say "Administrator" or "Moderator" because I removed the condition in vB.

AdminCP >> Settings > Options > Forum Listings Display Option
At the bottom of the list you will see: "Show Moderators" set that to "No"

I'll take a look at the code. I'm not much of a coder either, but maybe I might find something to change, or speak to another coder, and maybe they can tell me what to change. In fact I know the exact person to ask. Maybe we can figure out how to fix this little problem, and just post a fix in the thread.
I still want to show mods, I just don't want a bunch of the <span> text to be displayed in front of the username, or for it to show the <span> code in the Title attribute when I hover over it. Basically, I want it to be like default with the pretty colors/formatting.
Old 07 Sep 2012, 23:03

I'm going to look at it and see if I can get that fixed. That is the only problem I have with the mod.
Old 07 Sep 2012, 23:21

I'm going to look at it and see if I can get that fixed. That is the only problem I have with the mod.
Thanks for looking into this
Old 08 Sep 2012, 01:34

Thanks for looking into this
I'm already a little confused. This HTML mouse over event is not logged in the XML file. I'm having a friend Sartech look at it. We may be able to add a disable event in the XML file, or we may have to make a slight modification in the vB code.

Not sure yet, I'm gonna wait until I receive a PM on this. In the meantime I'm going to try to track down where the event is taking place in vB.