Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
VaultWiki: A Wiki for your forum Details »
VaultWiki: A Wiki for your forum
Developer Last Online: Oct 2019 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This thread is in the Modification Graveyard.
vB Version: 4.2.0 Rating: (30 votes - 4.70 average) Installs: 232
Released: 29 Mar 2010 Last Update: 31 Jul 2013 Downloads: 1958
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Auto-Template Additional Files  

** THIS MOD IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED **
We are no longer developing this, a newer version is available here: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=309676

** DOWNLOAD REMOVED **
The download attached to this thread has been removed due to known unpatched security issues: https://www.vaultwiki.org/pages/Book...-Patch-Level-2

We do not recommend using this version, and we cannot offer support for it any longer.

VaultWiki does not bridge from other wiki products (like MediaWiki, etc). It is a wiki product written just for vBulletin.

About VaultWiki
"The powerful editing options in VaultWiki allow your community to collaborate to create and publish content pages for your site. Multiple users can edit the same page, and your staff can moderate changes as they are made. VaultWiki maintains a detailed history of every page, making it just as easy to reverse unwanted changes.

Use to create general site content, user manuals, wikis... VaultWiki works by extending vBulletin's forum and permissions systems - easily create and designate forum areas for different purposes. With a little imagination, VaultWiki can be configured to do almost anything."

Features and the Full Version
The find out more about VaultWiki Lite's features or to purchase the full commercial version, see the comparison here: http://www.vaultwiki.org/features/

VaultWiki Lite cannot import data from other wiki products. If you want to do this, you'll need the full commercial version.

Requirements:
  • PHP 4.4.0 or higher
  • MySQL 4.1.2 or higher
  • vBulletin 3.6.x, 3.7.x, 3.8.x, 4.0.x, 4.1.x, 4.2.x
  • about 1 MB of space

Copyright Info
VaultWiki Lite places a copyright notice in your forum's footer on any page where wiki functions are used. You are not allowed to modify the source code or phrases to remove this copyright.

Troubleshooting and Support
While VaultWiki Lite is offered for free on vbulletin.org, you will receive faster responses to support questions made at the official VaultWiki site: http://www.vaultwiki.org/

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

• If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Major Additions VaultWiki: A Wiki for your forum thincom2000 Modification Graveyard 120 26 Jun 2016 16:02
Major Additions VaultWiki: A Wiki for your forum thincom2000 Modification Graveyard 49 26 Jun 2016 16:02
Major Additions VaultWiki: A Wiki for your forum thincom2000 Modification Graveyard 13 26 Jun 2016 16:01

Old 20 Aug 2012, 17:03

Thanks. Is there somewhere to edit or delete redirects?

How do you deal with multiple users uploading pictures to a wiki? My users are getting permission errors, perhaps because they are trying to upload images as attachments.
Old 21 Aug 2012, 14:35

Redirects are pages with the tag:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

So you can edit or delete them like regular pages.

You need the full version in order to handle pictures in the wiki properly, and in the full version, you would not be uploading them as normal attachments.
Old 04 Sep 2012, 20:30

Hey everyone.

I put a ticket in at VaultWiki regarding this issue, but also wanted to run it by you folks to see if any of you have a quick fix. For reference: I'm using the newest version of VaultWiki Lite and Vbulletin 4.2.0 Alpha.

When I install VaultWiki, it creates some custom StyleVars (presumably for use in the Wiki's separate style function). When doing so, it overwrote my existing StyleVar Editor leaving only a single entry. Here's a screenshot: . Removing VaultWiki does eliminate the problem. I was only able to restore the StyleVars Editor by updating vB (I suspect running the updater again would do the same).

Has anyone else experienced this? Do you have a fix? I really like how VaultWiki looks on the page and with the MediaWiki issues I've been having I'd prefer to keep VaultWiki (but absolutely need StyleVars Editor for style modification). Let me know if you need more information.
Old 04 Sep 2012, 20:34

Originally Posted by Dirks View Post
Hey everyone.

I put a ticket in at VaultWiki regarding this issue, but also wanted to run it by you folks to see if any of you have a quick fix. For reference: I'm using the newest version of VaultWiki Lite and Vbulletin 4.2.0 Alpha.

When I install VaultWiki, it creates some custom StyleVars (presumably for use in the Wiki's separate style function). When doing so, it overwrote my existing StyleVar Editor leaving only a single entry. Here's a screenshot: . Removing VaultWiki does eliminate the problem. I was only able to restore the StyleVars Editor by updating vB (I suspect running the updater again would do the same).

Has anyone else experienced this? Do you have a fix? I really like how VaultWiki looks on the page and with the MediaWiki issues I've been having I'd prefer to keep VaultWiki (but absolutely need StyleVars Editor for style modification). Let me know if you need more information.
Yeah, I had this issue as well. I'm not sure that those are VaultWiki specific stylevars as VaultWiki Lite seems to have basically none. It's just that you don't see all your normal ones.

You just have to Run Upgrade Script under Settings after you install VaultWiki and that seems to restore things.
Old 04 Sep 2012, 20:45

Solid tip, Doug. Running the update script with VaultWiki Lite installed has restored the StyleVars Editor. Thanks for your help and the ridiculously quick reply.
Old 05 Sep 2012, 01:04

Originally Posted by Dirks View Post
Solid tip, Doug. Running the update script with VaultWiki Lite installed has restored the StyleVars Editor. Thanks for your help and the ridiculously quick reply.
Coincidence, really. I had the same problem and it took me a while to figure out, so glad I could share.
Old 05 Sep 2012, 18:22

Hi there,

I cannot find the wiki in the mobile style. Is there anybody who knows to show it in the mobile style?

Best regards

L.R.
Old 05 Sep 2012, 19:35

Originally Posted by Leica.Robbiani View Post
Hi there,

I cannot find the wiki in the mobile style. Is there anybody who knows to show it in the mobile style?

Best regards

L.R.
That is an excellent question.
Old 05 Sep 2012, 19:57

Originally Posted by Leica.Robbiani View Post
Only the Premium version has support for the mobile style. If you already use the Premium version, you might have to upgrade.
Old 10 Sep 2012, 22:50

Possibly a stupid question but .......

If I install the free version and then decide to buy the full version, will I have to do the installation over again or will it simply be a matter of adding a licence key or similar. Presumably any articles created with the free version won't disappear if I upgrade.
Old 11 Sep 2012, 03:28

Using vB 4.2.
Where is the Facebook Like button on the wiki pages? Is it not included?
Old 11 Sep 2012, 06:11

I wasn't even aware of a Facebook Like button on non-wiki pages. Is it new?
Old 11 Sep 2012, 08:37

I'm not sure when it was added, but it's standard in 4.2.
Old 18 Sep 2012, 01:33

Originally Posted by gajinoz View Post
Possibly a stupid question but .......

If I install the free version and then decide to buy the full version, will I have to do the installation over again or will it simply be a matter of adding a licence key or similar. Presumably any articles created with the free version won't disappear if I upgrade.
I just recently got the paid version, all you have to do is upgrade. BTW, the paid version is WELL worth the money. I was hesitant to do it but am glad I did now.
Old 06 Oct 2012, 19:40

Originally Posted by thincom2000 View Post
You need the full version in order to handle pictures in the wiki properly, and in the full version, you would not be uploading them as normal attachments.
How does the full version handle images.

I'm noticing that my custom BBcodes are not working on wiki pages.