Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
Rotating Banner System Details »
Rotating Banner System
Mod Version: 2.4.2, by y2ksw (Coder) y2ksw is offline
Developer Last Online: Feb 2020 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.x.x Rating: (141 votes - 4.71 average) Installs: 1237
Released: 16 Aug 2008 Last Update: 09 Sep 2013 Downloads: 11104
Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Additional Files Translations  

With the Rotating Banner System software, you may publish literally anywhere standard banners and advertising, with no restriction but your imagination. Unlike many other products, it allows to show an unlimited amount of banners and advertising, which are randomly shown at the places you choose, and you may refer generically to an Ad by using specific placeholders.

Also the management is straight-forward and simple to use. Forum administrators with maintenance rights may add, edit and delete records from the Administration Control Panel (ACP), one of each representing a banner. After saving the new banner settings, they are immediately visible at your board.

Compatibility: from vBulletin 3.6.5 onwards

By the way, I do also install the hack on your boards, but since I am very, very busy, it may take some time (weeks) until it gets done.


Tutorials:Updates:
  • 2.0.1: Simple click tracker added, HTML help included.
  • 2.0.3: Small bug fixes; additional banner list, navigation bar, E-Mail field for banner event notifications and automatic save on scroll setting; absolute URL to rbs_banner.php in order to allow click tracking on non-standard pages; supported languages: English, Italian; Help file clean-up.
  • 2.0.5: Small bug fixes; additional details in banner list; email notification for epired banners.
  • 2.0.6: vbCMS compatibility bug fix; additional banner lists.
  • 2.0.7: Usergroups filter: now it is possible to define a list of usergroups which may show a banner; additional vbCMS compatibility bug fix.
  • 2.0.8: Various fixes and most of all, inclusion of the right files: admin_rbs.php, cpnav_rbs.xml
  • 2.0.9: Extra comma fix in new record creation.
  • 2.1.0: Fix for an occasional banner type selection bug, when the sample banners have been deleted or disabled.
  • 2.2.0 (Major upgrade): Up to 10 different banner locations. Requires changes to your existing placeholders in your templates, since a more generic format has been chosen. If you don't need more than 2 different locations, you don't need to upgrade. Changed files: rbs_banner.php, admin_rbs.php
  • 2.2.1: Minor bug fix in files: admin_rbs_h_banner_list.php, admin_rbs_v_banner_list.php
  • 2.2.1: Hotfix for Max Clicks saving bug.
  • 2.2.2: More listings and less files. PDF Help. Separate Italian add-ons and help. Duplicate button.
  • 2.2.3: Minor bug fixes. Changed files: product-rbs.xml
  • 2.2.4: Flash Banner support (beta). Changed files: product-rbs.xml, rbs_wrapper.swf, admin_rbs.php, English Help.
  • 2.2.5: Hotfix for vBulletin 4.0.2 compatibility bug.
  • 2.2.6: Checking for installed Flash Wrapper rbs_wrapper.swf; A few English FAQ; Help files. Changed files: product-rbs.xml
  • 2.3.0 (Major upgrade): New modules: Delete Expired Banners, Disable Expired Banners; Detail Banner Statistics with unique access key for your customers; Updated help; Changed files: all.
  • 2.3.1: Hotfix for missing field in rbs_hist table. Changed files: none, just update product.
  • 2.3.2: Added: Unsupported option for setting any number of available positions between 1 and big bang. Fixed: Small bug and speed issues. Removed: Italian translation. Italians may now request support at www.vbulletin.it. Changed files: admin_rbs.php.
  • 2.3.3: Fix: Copy selected forum ID's during banner duplication. Changed: start and end hours for new banners are set to 0:00 and 23:59 respectively. Changed files: admin_rbs.php.
  • 2.3.4: Option: Send Mail Before. This option allows to schedule expiring banners differently. New variables for emails: $rbs_enddate: This variable holds the formatted banner ending date and time based on the standard formats for date and time in vBulletin settings; $rbs_name: This variable holds the banner name. EMail Notifications option description: Added direct links to the email phrases for quick changes. Changed files: rbs_mail_cron.php.
  • 2.4.0 (Major upgrade): Removed: Option to enable or disable mailing. Banners with email addresses to notify are handled. Setting to reset mailing in single banners. Now, if mailing should be repeated, you will have to edit the banner from phpMyAdmin. Added: Order links in lists. The initial state is ordered by ID, as before. By clicking the titles, the other voices can be ordered. Clicking twice inverts the order. This works in all lists. Options to prevent counting and reducing thus a tiny bit of load. A new bunch of demo banners for new installations. Demo banners are locked into database in order to avoid 30% of the questions because of the 'experts' deleting them before trying the product. They can be disabled and modified though. The true experts can delete them after all testing from the database by using phpMyAdmin without side effects. Changes: Phrase for emailing about expiring banners, now also with direct links to the phrases. Demo banners. Our old publisher ID is replaced with the new ones, and old demo banners are updated with the new ones, if found. The functions have been exported to includes/functions_rbs.php. This makes the product code smaller and easier to maintain, and runs faster on sites where caching/acceleration is enabled. Changed Files: all *.php
  • 2.4.1: Option Likelihood. This new option adds a weight to banners and allows thus to show one banner more often than another. The default weight is 100%. We also make sure that the final date of the default banners falls into a valid range. Changed files: includes/functions_rbs.php and rbs_stats.php.
  • 2.4.2: Workaround for update sequence problems.
Hacks and unsupported add-ons:

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Addons

Supporters / CoAuthors

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	banner.png
Views:	13264
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	123711   Click image for larger version

Name:	style.jpg
Views:	7630
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	123714   Click image for larger version

Name:	navigation.png
Views:	8239
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	123715   Click image for larger version

Name:	estatistics.png
Views:	10851
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	123716  

Click image for larger version

Name:	options.jpg
Views:	3732
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	137954  

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
  #2791  
Old 04 Oct 2016, 09:03
y2ksw's Avatar
y2ksw y2ksw is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Real name: Giovanni
Originally Posted by Bulent Tekcan View Post
Yes, this is the trick but why this product detect php default time I don't understand
It doesn't, it takes what it gets
__________________
Giovanni
Italian support: http://www.vbulletin.it/
Reply With Quote
  #2792  
Old 04 Oct 2016, 09:26
Bulent Tekcan Bulent Tekcan is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Anyway Dear y2ksw I made some works on 1 file. If you agreee you can put your product. Because now very useful I think. But please check the file, I tested many times it is working. Because I'm not coder but I'm a software engineer. I hope users happy with this. Only add Start and End Date table



Regards,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2016-10-04_12-22-10.jpg (27.0 KB, 98 views)
Attached Files
File Type: php admin_rbs_banner_list.php (6.1 KB, 2 views)
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2793  
Old 04 Oct 2016, 09:54
y2ksw's Avatar
y2ksw y2ksw is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Real name: Giovanni
Many people cannot access phpmyadmin, and also dangeous also. I have add this table but how can I convert unix time to normal time ? Have you got any trick for this line
You do it with a query. Please see the MySQL documents for that.

Google search: mysql unix time
Result: https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5...functions.html
__________________
Giovanni
Italian support: http://www.vbulletin.it/
Reply With Quote
  #2794  
Old 04 Oct 2016, 09:59
Bulent Tekcan Bulent Tekcan is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Originally Posted by y2ksw View Post
You do it with a query. Please see the MySQL documents for that.

Google search: mysql unix time
Result: https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5...functions.html
I did it Please check http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...postcount=2792

Regards
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2795  
Old 04 Oct 2016, 10:03
y2ksw's Avatar
y2ksw y2ksw is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Real name: Giovanni
Then, if you really must, add this line to the file 'admin/admin_rbs_banner_list.php' at line 153:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

which replaces the normal order with ordering by the end date and time. This is a hack and there you go
__________________
Giovanni
Italian support: http://www.vbulletin.it/
Reply With Quote
  #2796  
Old 04 Oct 2016, 10:08
y2ksw's Avatar
y2ksw y2ksw is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Real name: Giovanni
Originally Posted by Bulent Tekcan View Post
Anyway Dear y2ksw I made some works on 1 file. If you agreee you can put your product. Because now very useful I think. But please check the file, I tested many times it is working. Because I'm not coder but I'm a software engineer. I hope users happy with this. Only add Start and End Date table



Regards,
Ah I see ... we are becoming overactive in the same moment
__________________
Giovanni
Italian support: http://www.vbulletin.it/
Reply With Quote
  #2797  
Old 08 Oct 2016, 15:12
askandy askandy is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Hi @y2k (mod developer),

Curious if we could get your help to further extend RBS to allow more ad placements?

We are currently using all 10 spots on our forum, primarily serving ads to desktop users.

Now we'd like to add some additional ad positions in our mobile forum template so we can serve ads to mobile visitors and get more exposure for our advertising partners.

We may need about 5 more ad positions.

Is this addition we can pay for?

Thanks!
M
Reply With Quote
  #2798  
Old 10 Oct 2016, 16:50
y2ksw's Avatar
y2ksw y2ksw is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Real name: Giovanni
Originally Posted by askandy View Post
Hi @y2k (mod developer),

Curious if we could get your help to further extend RBS to allow more ad placements?

We are currently using all 10 spots on our forum, primarily serving ads to desktop users.

Now we'd like to add some additional ad positions in our mobile forum template so we can serve ads to mobile visitors and get more exposure for our advertising partners.

We may need about 5 more ad positions.

Is this addition we can pay for?

Thanks!
M
It's already there and you may change it in the settings
__________________
Giovanni
Italian support: http://www.vbulletin.it/
Reply With Quote
  #2799  
Old 12 Oct 2016, 14:00
askandy askandy is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #2800  
Old 22 Nov 2016, 17:40
theksmith theksmith is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
First, thanks for the excellent mod!

Click tracking is not working for me with vB 3.8, and version 2.3.4 of RBS.

I am using the "Image / Flash" field to point to a JPG, and the "URL" field to point to an external website - i.e I do NOT have a custom embedded script. The banner is active, enabled, and does NOT have Max Impressions or Max Clicks set.

The banner image is displayed correctly and the link does correctly point to the tracking page: /forum/rbs_banner.php?id=XXX&userid=YYY. The tracking PHP page also correctly redirects to my final destination URL.

However, the "Clicks" reading in the "Manage Banners" area and on the "Banner Statistics" pages both always shows 0, even after I have personally clicked on a banner. This happens for all 3 banners that I have running. The First/Last click statistics do show dates though!

Impressions: 231
Clicks: 0
CTR: 0%
First Click: Mon, 21-Nov-2016 09:33:57 GMT
Last Click: Tue, 22-Nov-2016 18:23:51 GMT

The only thing perhaps different about my use-case is that I am displaying the banner on a vBAdvanced CMS page which is in the root folder of my website but the vBulletin install is actually within a sub-folder called "/Forum". The banner image is also NOT beneath the "/Forum" path and therefore I had to use a fully qualified absolute URL to point to the image.
Reply With Quote
  #2801  
Old 23 Nov 2016, 10:16
y2ksw's Avatar
y2ksw y2ksw is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Real name: Giovanni
Originally Posted by theksmith View Post
First, thanks for the excellent mod!

Click tracking is not working for me with vB 3.8, and version 2.3.4 of RBS.

I am using the "Image / Flash" field to point to a JPG, and the "URL" field to point to an external website - i.e I do NOT have a custom embedded script. The banner is active, enabled, and does NOT have Max Impressions or Max Clicks set.

The banner image is displayed correctly and the link does correctly point to the tracking page: /forum/rbs_banner.php?id=XXX&userid=YYY. The tracking PHP page also correctly redirects to my final destination URL.

However, the "Clicks" reading in the "Manage Banners" area and on the "Banner Statistics" pages both always shows 0, even after I have personally clicked on a banner. This happens for all 3 banners that I have running. The First/Last click statistics do show dates though!

Impressions: 231
Clicks: 0
CTR: 0%
First Click: Mon, 21-Nov-2016 09:33:57 GMT
Last Click: Tue, 22-Nov-2016 18:23:51 GMT

The only thing perhaps different about my use-case is that I am displaying the banner on a vBAdvanced CMS page which is in the root folder of my website but the vBulletin install is actually within a sub-folder called "/Forum". The banner image is also NOT beneath the "/Forum" path and therefore I had to use a fully qualified absolute URL to point to the image.
I know there are a few web applications which use a different path of page rendering, one of which is photopost. I these cases it is impossible to use the banner system via template changes, but you may try the unsupported iframe in-place rotating banners solution.

Could you please try the same banners on a standard forum page? If they work there, then it's definitively a problem with rendering the pages.
__________________
Giovanni
Italian support: http://www.vbulletin.it/
Reply With Quote
  #2802  
Old 07 Dec 2016, 17:35
Bulent Tekcan Bulent Tekcan is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Hello,

How can I get weekly or monthly stats ?

Regards
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2803  
Old 07 Dec 2016, 19:35
y2ksw's Avatar
y2ksw y2ksw is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Real name: Giovanni
Originally Posted by Bulent Tekcan View Post
Hello,

How can I get weekly or monthly stats ?

Regards
You will have to extract the data from the database by a query and then elaborate on a spreadsheet.
__________________
Giovanni
Italian support: http://www.vbulletin.it/
Reply With Quote
  #2804  
Old 26 Dec 2016, 01:09
carik carik is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
how to make blocks is adaptive for the user monitor?
Reply With Quote
  #2805  
Old 26 Dec 2016, 07:37
y2ksw's Avatar
y2ksw y2ksw is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Real name: Giovanni
Originally Posted by carik View Post
how to make blocks is adaptive for the user monitor?
This question concerns HTML, not this product. Once you have the code which adapts to the given space, you can use it within this product to rotate between different contents in the same spot.
__________________
Giovanni
Italian support: http://www.vbulletin.it/
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:57.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: