Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Custom Post Prefixes Details »
Custom Post Prefixes
Developer Last Online: Jan 2007 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 2.2.x Rating: (0 vote - 0 average) Installs: 28
Released: 02 Nov 2001 Last Update: Never Downloads: 0
Not Supported  

Hack: Custom Post Prefixes
Version of vB: 2.2.0, although may work on earlier versions but not tested
Current Version: 1.0.0
Description: This hack allows you to add custom prefixes to post, like "Poll: " and "Sticky: ", only custom ones editable in the control panel.

All feedback is appreciated, and everything you need is in the attached file.

NOTE: If you downloaded this prior to 5:10 CT please re-download it, I fixed something in the directions.

Version 1.0.0 released, go here
for details.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Custom Post Prefixes (modified) burnz vBulletin 2.x Full Releases 112 16 May 2006 09:51

Old 04 Nov 2001, 17:53

Here, try running this query and see if it helps:
UPDATE usergroup SET canusecustomprefixes=1 WHERE usergroupid=5 OR usergroupid=6 OR usergroupid=7;
I forgot to put that in the instructions. Right now, if you didn't edit the usergroup stuff, no one has permission to do this, seeing why it isn't displayed.

Old 04 Nov 2001, 19:40

Well...that helped in that now the dropdown box shows up in the newthread template when you go to make a post, but the custom prefix still doesn't show up in the title.
Old 05 Nov 2001, 11:30

Hey is THIS the exact hack that the crew of vbulletin.org implemented on the Full Releases forum, the pull-down menu for selecting which version of vBulletin and all?

Is it _this_ hack? And if so, does the zipfile at the top come with the complete explanation/install notes now? (seeing as how you forgot some bits originally, I don't know if you've included those in the zip yet or not...)

I *really* want this feature (those prefixes) installed ASAP on my board, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Also, is it possible to make is so that when posting a new thread, you can have the option NOT to use a prefix, and have that option be the default option?
Old 05 Nov 2001, 13:06

I didn't make the one they are using, although they do appear to be similar. Yes, the install should totally work now. Yes, by default "Default (none)" is selected, and then nothing shows up in front of the thread.

Hope that answers your questions!

Old 05 Nov 2001, 20:06

cool, thanks! I'm implementing this as I type, I'll let you know when I'm done.

Oh wait, just one more question: how can I specify it so that the hack will only show up for new threads on ONE specific forum ??
Old 05 Nov 2001, 23:20

has anyone else been able to successfully get this hack to work? I've gone through everything 2 and 3 times over and have had no luck.
Old 05 Nov 2001, 23:39

I haven't installed it yet because I want to know, first, how I can define it so that it only shows up in ONE particular forum....
Old 06 Nov 2001, 00:12

No, this is in all forums if you install it. In the next version I will add a per-forum option.
Old 06 Nov 2001, 01:04

okay, well check out the requests forum, I made a thread about this, there. Would be an idea if you'd keep an eye on that as well, that way you could share ideas and skills concerning this particular hack with those who already made it but haven't made a thread for it (or at least, I can't find one).
Old 06 Nov 2001, 04:12

This has sounds great and looks great from what I have seen but I have only one question (I may have missed this). But can you make it to where it only allows them in certain forums or is this already a part of the hack? If so I am going to use it for sure.

Thanks
Old 06 Nov 2001, 09:38

read the last 5 posts before yours...
Old 06 Nov 2001, 10:57

I have noticed that the data query insert will be overwritten my Stars Hack, so I abandod the hack installation. Since I'm an idiot, can you make a new [b]usergroup.php[/] file that has stars hack already installed together with this? thanks.
Old 06 Nov 2001, 13:26

Sorry, I'm not going to make different versions of this hack so they can be installed with other pre-existing hacks. You should be able to install it around it, it will just take a little bit more time and thought.
Old 07 Nov 2001, 14:39

nevermind... ^^

Last edited by Syphin; 07 Nov 2001 at 20:08.
Old 08 Nov 2001, 01:48

Well I installed it. Dropdown box is showing up, I checked the thread table and my custom prefix was inserted where it should be but its not showing up in front of my thread