Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Custom Post Prefixes Details »
Custom Post Prefixes
Developer Last Online: Jan 2007 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 2.2.x Rating: (0 vote - 0 average) Installs: 28
Released: 02 Nov 2001 Last Update: Never Downloads: 0
Not Supported  

Hack: Custom Post Prefixes
Version of vB: 2.2.0, although may work on earlier versions but not tested
Current Version: 1.0.0
Description: This hack allows you to add custom prefixes to post, like "Poll: " and "Sticky: ", only custom ones editable in the control panel.

All feedback is appreciated, and everything you need is in the attached file.

NOTE: If you downloaded this prior to 5:10 CT please re-download it, I fixed something in the directions.

Version 1.0.0 released, go here
for details.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Custom Post Prefixes (modified) burnz vBulletin 2.x Full Releases 112 16 May 2006 09:51

Old 08 Nov 2001, 16:55

Same problem I had with this...
Old 08 Nov 2001, 21:07

well currently I don't have this, NOR any of the other hacks installed anymore. My server messed up Big time with their hardware upgrade, and now my entire Board is inaccessible! I can't even log into the admin panel myself anymore! Nobody can post, we can only *view* the forum, and *read* it, but not log in or anything else!

bah
Old 08 Nov 2001, 21:21

This hack is something I'd like to offer...

...thanks for the code...I'm going to give it a shot.
Old 08 Nov 2001, 21:25

Did you all make sure to edit all of the forumdisplay.php file, and add all the templetes? Thats all i can think that would have go wrong... O.o
(refering to Matt & RobAC)

-Syphin
Old 08 Nov 2001, 23:53

Originally posted by Syphin
Did you all make sure to edit all of the forumdisplay.php file, and add all the templetes? Thats all i can think that would have go wrong... O.o
(refering to Matt & RobAC)

-Syphin
I've installed the hack twice and both times the same results. The custom prefix does not show up in the thread title.
Old 09 Nov 2001, 00:18

Yes I am sure did all of it, I just can't work out whats not working

HELP!!
Old 09 Nov 2001, 00:47

I'm sorry it's not working for you guys, but I've triple-checked everything. Make sure you have EVERYTHING exactly how it says to, and that if you have other hacks installed, you have it made to work around them (if they collide somewhere in the script).
Old 12 Nov 2001, 06:32

Is this the code to make that drop down like usedo n this site in the hacks section? If so, have the bugs been worked out for 2.2 ..? Thanks!
Old 12 Nov 2001, 10:19

Originally posted by LuBi
Is this the code to make that drop down like usedo n this site in the hacks section? If so, have the bugs been worked out for 2.2 ..? Thanks!
Read the entire thread more carefully, this isn't the same hack that is implemented on vbulletin.org (here).
Old 12 Nov 2001, 16:26

Ok well you coulda just explained it to me, that would be easier and more productive than telling me to re-read the whole thread.. Well I have read the thread and I still don't understand, care to explain please
Old 12 Nov 2001, 19:48

This one is for all forums, the one that this forum is using is specifically edited to work for this forum. If you want it to be like the one here, you will have to do some editing of your own.

Hope that helps
Old 12 Nov 2001, 20:08

It does thanks, this is exactly what I want then. Thanks and goodwork!
Old 12 Nov 2001, 21:31

Originally posted by LuBi
Ok well you coulda just explained it to me, that would be easier and more productive than telling me to re-read the whole thread.. Well I have read the thread and I still don't understand, care to explain please
Not really. What would've been productive is if you'd have read this thread carefully, you'd then have realized that sometimes, you can find out stuff for yourself instead of be dependant on other people to do the simple work for you.

Not trying to be offensive or a jerk here, just trying to help you realize that okay? Don't take it wrong, plz.
Old 12 Nov 2001, 21:36

It does thanks, this is exactly what I want then. Thanks and goodwork!
No problem, I hope you can get things working and all, if you do let me know because I am trying to work it out on my forums also (not the one listed in my sig).
Old 12 Nov 2001, 23:01

Well now I'm confused, I think I installed 0.9.9 even though the zip says 1.0.0, any wanna clarify what happened to 1.0.0 ..? This is a very powerful hack especially for what i need it for, we post movies and other things in my forums and would love to have something like this...