Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21 Jun 2010, 20:53

Originally Posted by Boofo View Post
I'm staying with my Blackberry Bold 9700. The iphone will end up being a fading fad eventually. Steve Jobs is nothing more than what Bill gates used to be.
Hopefully their OS 6 revives them.

Their software is clunky, old, dated, and not all that friendly. Their phones are falling way behind as well. And their strategy to just keep the same phone model and add tiny little things to it over the course of every 2-3 years isn't going to help in the long run as their hardware is getting dated now as well.
Old 22 Jun 2010, 01:07

I have no plan to get a Iphone, nor will my Parents either.
Old 10 Jul 2010, 00:24

I think the iPhone 4 update for the 3GS works just fine, I also note that the iPhone 3GS has a pretty poor battery life with any of the Bluetooth and the Wireless featrures enabled - otherwise the new update iOS4 works quite nicely and I really love the drop in images.

Multi-tasking is excellent and glad it has come ... Though a lot more features could be introduced
Old 11 Jul 2010, 23:37

Still no news in the Netherlands, not even a pre-sale.
Old 12 Jul 2010, 01:21

Yeah, you guys are pretty much the last set of people to receive technological updates.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 02:25

I wouldn't even worry about it Floris, you probably wouldn't get reception there any way

BTW: Anyone have a clue about the announcement for friday regarding iPhone 4? Is there going to be a recall or some other for of reimbursement for them releasing such garbage
Old 16 Jul 2010, 04:15

Originally Posted by BSMedia View Post
I wouldn't even worry about it Floris, you probably wouldn't get reception there any way

BTW: Anyone have a clue about the announcement for friday regarding iPhone 4? Is there going to be a recall or some other for of reimbursement for them releasing such garbage
I was planning on switching from verizon to AT&T tomorrow and buying the IPhone, however your post has just taught me that maybe I should wait until Saturday
Old 16 Jul 2010, 04:40

I quit using iPhone today, too buggy, will use google phone then.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 22:41

Originally Posted by Floris View Post
Still no news in the Netherlands, not even a pre-sale.
We may just be lucky that we missed the presale. Pressure is building on Apple to do a recall. The situation much reminds me of the time shortly after the vb 4 release.

The iPhone 4's biggest problem is not its antenna

Last edited by Alfa1; 16 Jul 2010 at 23:00.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 22:59

They had their little public meeting today and it was a joke. Jobs even had the gall to say that all smartphones have the antenna problem, even the Blackberry Bold 9700 (which I have). One of the guys said he couldn't get his Bold 9700 to drop the bars while they were there and Jobs told him "It doesn't happen in all areas." They have decided to give away free cases, until September 30th, to fix the problem. Glad I didn't get in on the iphone.
Old 17 Jul 2010, 03:41

It is always good to wait i have always waited almost month or more to see People's reviews and Apples Product's performances then only jumped over it .
Old 17 Jul 2010, 15:03

The iPhone 4 is a BMW among Fords... the antenna issue, while real, is over-hyped. I get a signal even with the death grip in places my 3GS didn't. 4.01 didn't "fix" the issue but it made things more real, and consumers will be less apt to freak out if they don't see multiple bars dropping when in reality they should have only had one or two bars in the first place.

Its the best phone out there. I was hoping to get an Android this time around but IMHO they are still a year or two away. If someone that isn't a Korean company comes out with a model that has some style and their apps mature I may switch just cuz I'm a tech nerd and I like to play with new things.

Long story short DO NOT let people's hype about the antenna pull you away from looking at the new iPhone. Do what most intelligent consumers do and judge it for yourselves, not what a bunch of rabid anti-Apple people tell you. This is coming from a fairly big Microsoft bigot who is disappointed in a company who really got it wrong. (I make my living off Microsoft, not Apple...)

I still love my iPad more than life itself though.

P.S. people wanted Jobs to grovel on the floor and beg for forgiveness at the media event yesterday. People are idiots.

P.P.S. my grandma read consumer reports once upon a time. Then I showed her how to use Google.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 11:30

It went on pre-order yesterday, but t-mobile is a POS company. So it's a guess if they received the order, if they can handle the amount of people ordering it, etc.

It went completely wrong in the morning, and without logging in, at the end of the day, everybody could just pre-order it pretending to be a customer.

So we will see..
Old 21 Jul 2010, 14:00
Guest190829

I still have the 1st generation iPhone, and it's pretty banged up (crack in screen, battery needs to be replaced)...so I do need a new phone in the coming week, with all the negative press about the antenna my friends all think I am crazy for wanting to get the iPhone 4..

but it is really a great phone, and I live in a metropolitan area so I am not worried about service really, its never been a problem.
Old 22 Jul 2010, 14:11

I'm getting one!