Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
DJ's AMEs :: Media Definitions for AME 3 (Beta) Details »
DJ's AMEs :: Media Definitions for AME 3 (Beta)
Mod Version: 1.0.1, by Digital Jedi (Coder/Designer) Digital Jedi is offline
Developer Last Online: Jun 2020 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.2.1 Rating: (3 votes - 5.00 average) Installs: 31
Released: 27 Sep 2013 Last Update: 15 Oct 2013 Downloads: 309
Supported External Content Is in Beta Stage  

These media definitions are imported through your AME CP. That means you have to have AME 3 installed in order to do that.

This is a Beta. I've tested this on my 4.0.3 installation. But I've experienced some weird issues, like the same URL not converting in post 1, but converting fine in post 12. I can only presume this is because of my older version of vB4. Please report the issues you have on newer versions of vB. Also note the AME 3 thread, for tweaks and changes people had to make depending on their version of vB4.

NOTE: I am still looking for anyone willing to lend me access to their demo board on vB4.1 or higher to test definitions, as well as a future version of AME 3. I will also be looking into, but not necessarily guaranteeing, that I can extend AME to vB5. But I have to take a look at how vB5 parses media to know if AME is even relevant on that system.

MEDIA DEFINITIONS
This is just a small set of definitions to test out functionality. Most everything here is tweaked, so just back up any custom defs you already have, and replace these to try them out. If everything goes smoothly, we'll expand from there.

CNBC
CNN
CNN 2
CollegeHumor
CollegeHumor (Legacy)
Dailymotion
Facebook
GameSpot (Part 1)
GameSpot (Part 2)
GameTrailers
Hulu
Metacafe
Photobucket (Direct Link)
Photobucket (Videos)
Storify
Twitter
Vevo
Vimeo
Youku
YouTube
YouTube (Playlists)
YouTube (Short URL)

NOTE: No, these will not work on AME 2.5. -_-

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Add-On Releases DJ's AMEs :: Media Definitions for AME 2.5 :: More Video, Twitter, Pinterest... Digital Jedi vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 2086 05 Sep 2018 15:05
Add-On Releases Digital Sith's AMEs - ADULT Media Definitions Digital Sith vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 66 08 Sep 2015 22:44
Add-On Releases DJ's AME (Auto Media Embedding) XML Media Definitions (Third Time's the Charm) Digital Jedi Modification Graveyard 828 10 Mar 2010 05:45

Old 30 Jan 2014, 06:35

Ok I figured out how to link the tweets but why do the embedded tweets not center using the [ center ] commands?
Old 01 Feb 2014, 14:53

Originally Posted by sticky View Post
Can anything be done about mobile youtube links like this?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=...&v=derzWWYf3-w
Probably. I'll look at the YouTube definitions again on my next update.

Originally Posted by sticky View Post
Ok I figured out how to link the tweets but why do the embedded tweets not center using the [ center ] commands?
They're generated by Twitter's JavaScript, so it may not be something you can control. You can, instead, try centering the DIV in the replacement code to see if that works.
Old 01 Feb 2014, 15:37

I can't seem to get a photobucket video to embed.
Old 19 Mar 2014, 19:29

Can someone please help me with Flickr videos and Flickr slideshow videos?

Thanks.
Old 20 Mar 2014, 20:00

Originally Posted by MikesSite View Post
Can someone please help me with Flickr videos and Flickr slideshow videos?

Thanks.
The last time I worked with Flickr (and note, that I've had to frequently update AME 2.5 definitions for Flickr) the problem I ran into was their URLs strings for videos and photostreams were identical. And that was the problem. URL strings for different media types need to have at least on unique identifying pattern (even it's just in the HTML code) so AME can tell that one URL needs to convert to a video and another needs to convert to a slideshow. With Flickr, when I worked with it in October, the best I could do was create one that detected video. However, despite my best efforts, any definition I created to embed a slideshow would try to convert video URLs, too. You can imagine the weird Frankenstein embeds I got with that. Even with the video definition turned off, the slideshow def would still try to embed video URLs.

I'll probably add Flickr to the next set of updates for AME 3, but note that it will be video only. Unless Flickr has made, yet another, change to their website, then slideshows won't be in this set. I usually try not to release definitions that don't work the way they should. But we'll see what I can come up with.
Old 24 Mar 2014, 15:51

Originally Posted by Digital Jedi View Post
The last time I worked with Flickr (and note, that I've had to frequently update AME 2.5 definitions for Flickr) the problem I ran into was their URLs strings for videos and photostreams were identical. And that was the problem. URL strings for different media types need to have at least on unique identifying pattern (even it's just in the HTML code) so AME can tell that one URL needs to convert to a video and another needs to convert to a slideshow. With Flickr, when I worked with it in October, the best I could do was create one that detected video. However, despite my best efforts, any definition I created to embed a slideshow would try to convert video URLs, too. You can imagine the weird Frankenstein embeds I got with that. Even with the video definition turned off, the slideshow def would still try to embed video URLs.

I'll probably add Flickr to the next set of updates for AME 3, but note that it will be video only. Unless Flickr has made, yet another, change to their website, then slideshows won't be in this set. I usually try not to release definitions that don't work the way they should. But we'll see what I can come up with.
Thanks for taking the time to respond to me. Will keep my eyes out for the update in AME 3 and in the meantime if you would like to share how you were able to detect at least the video then that's a good start for me
Old 03 Jun 2014, 20:19

I'm sorry I got away from this, guys. My mother-in-law went into hospice and passed all within a month's span. We're just getting done with things, so it will be a moment until I'm back on my game again.
Old 03 Jun 2014, 21:33

Originally Posted by Digital Jedi View Post
I'm sorry I got away from this, guys. My mother-in-law went into hospice and passed all within a month's span. We're just getting done with things, so it will be a moment until I'm back on my game again.
Very sorry for your lose, I send my condolences.
Old 31 Jul 2014, 05:28

Thank you for the update, and thank you for all the work you have done.
Old 11 Apr 2016, 17:54

Vidme - one more video definition

Provider: Vidme

Tagoption: vidme

URL: https://vid.me

Regex URL: https:\/\/vid\.me\/([a-z0-9]+)

Regex Scrape:

Embed:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Priority: 0

Of course, some parameters can be of your own choosing (provider name, tagoption, height and width of iframe).
Old 26 Jun 2016, 16:20

sendvid.com is one I would like to include, but cannot figure out the REGEX URL information.

The embed Iframe is:

Any help?
Thanks,
K
Old 29 Jun 2016, 17:14

You should post some example link, so we know what info is used in video identification.

https:\/\/sendvid\.com\/embed\/([a-z0-9]+)

This should work if they use numbers and letters. But, there could be also special chars. Or just numbers, or just letters... Or even different link, I used link from embedding code, but site can use different links (YouTube does that, has multiple link type that link one video).
Old 14 Sep 2016, 14:28

Originally Posted by Alan_SP View Post
Provider: Vidme

Tagoption: vidme

Great Alan! thank you for the Vidme definition.

I was trying to make local files (pdf and word) like in vbulletin 3.8 with DJ Ame 2.5, but with no result using the following:

Provider: Documents

Tagoption: Documents

URL: http://myforumdomainurl

Regex URL: https?://(?<Domain>[\w\.-]+)\.(?<TLD>[\w]{2,6})/(?<Directory>.+)\.(?<Extension>pps|pptx|ppt|pdf|docx|doc|txt|pages|xlsx|xls|xps)

Regex Scrape:

Embed:

Priority: 0

Any suggestions?

Thank you!!!!
Old 22 Mar 2018, 03:48

Hey all, my twitter recently stopped embedding ....did they change something? Anyone have a working one? Thanks!