Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
Mass PM Usergroups (NOT via admincp) Details »
Mass PM Usergroups (NOT via admincp)
Mod Version: 1.1, by vBNinja (Coder/Designer) vBNinja is offline
Developer Last Online: May 2020 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.2.x Rating: (8 votes - 4.63 average) Installs: 37
Released: 10 May 2014 Last Update: 11 May 2014 Downloads: 181
Supported Uses Plugins Auto-Template  

This is a custom mod I created for the member: XSV_4ce and was given permission to release it here.

This mod basically allows specific usergroups (not required to be admins) to be given a list of other usergroups they are allowed to mass PM (can also be allowed to PM all usergroups)

A checkbox list of the allowed usergroups will show up above the PM message area (in private.php) for those given permission to use the feature (see screenshots)

Features:
  • Setting to allow only certain usergroups to use the mass PM feature
  • Setting to allow specific usergroups to mass PM all usergroups (overwrites custom permissions / [Useful for admin/mod usergroups])
  • Allows "custom permissions" in which usergroups can only mass PM a specific list of other usergroups

Note: Checking one or more usergroups to mass PM will overwrite the "BCC Recipients" field (should't be a problem, but just letting you know )

Please "Mark as Installed" for support/updates
Also don't forget to rate
Nominate for MOTM if you'd like as well


Installation Instructions:
  1. Import the XML
  2. Change settings to your liking (http://YOURDOMAIN.COM/admincp/option...m_ugs_settings)
  3. Enjoy!

Please let me know if you find any bugs

Thanks!

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	massPM1.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	149072   Click image for larger version

Name:	massPM2.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	149073   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-05-09 at 8.37.52 PM.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	149077  

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
  #16  
Old 20 May 2014, 18:10
Badhabitz Badhabitz is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
This thing is amazing for my community since we are a multi gaming community and I needed my Guild Leaders to be able to PM members within their usergroups.

However members are in mutiple usergroups since we have a usergroup for each guild. So I modified this to look for if the member is in a secondary user group instead of their primary.

I hope VBNinja doesn't mind me posting how I did this.

Go to
http://www.yourforumname.com/admincp....php?do=modify

find
Product : Mass PM Usergroups
Then click the edit button where it says:
Process PM private_insertpm_process

Find


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


And replace with this line



Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Save and your done.

Hope this helps anyone else looking to send mass pm's based on a secondary usergroup. Thanks VBNinja for a great mod!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12 Jun 2014, 10:41
blackberry's Avatar
blackberry blackberry is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Real name: Sheem
Give blank page :-s
__________________
SachiiDosti - Hum Sub Dost Hain
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 14 Oct 2014, 20:06
Daniel's Avatar
Daniel Daniel is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Real name: Daniel
This breaks if there is a ' in the usergroup name.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 's' (T_STRING) in /includes/class_core.php(4715) : eval()'d code on line 79
__________________
Daniel

Last edited by Daniel; 14 Oct 2014 at 20:18.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 15 Oct 2014, 02:50
Sforums Sforums is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Uninstalled. Doesn't work properly, too many problems.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 15 Oct 2014, 02:58
ozzy47's Avatar
ozzy47 ozzy47 is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Real name: Chris
Originally Posted by Sforums View Post
Uninstalled. Doesn't work properly, too many problems.
You need to be more descriptive so the developer knows what the issue are so he can potentially fix them.
__________________
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02 Dec 2014, 21:56
mrsupps mrsupps is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
When I try to send PM I get an error because some of my users have special characters but I see the list of receipents at that point.

I copied the BCC list and removed the bad names (Just 3 so easy to do).

Now when I try to send the PM to that list I just get a blank page.

So this is not technically an issue with the script I don't think.

Any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02 Dec 2014, 22:02
ozzy47's Avatar
ozzy47 ozzy47 is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Real name: Chris
Well the error message you are getting would help. As well as the names that are causing the error.
__________________
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 18 Dec 2014, 01:09
yippykiyey yippykiyey is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Running into an issue using 4.2.2

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 's' (T_STRING) in /home/yippykiyey/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php(4715) : eval()'d code on line 185

Any ideas on a solution?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 18 Dec 2014, 02:51
yippykiyey yippykiyey is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Disregard, fixed.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08 Mar 2015, 22:15
bounty7565 bounty7565 is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Is it possible to set this up to allow you to message someone regardless to whether their usergroup is primary, or additional usergroup?

Edit: I followed Badhabitz's instructions below, and it appears that I can now PM both primary and secondary groups.

Originally Posted by Badhabitz View Post
This thing is amazing for my community since we are a multi gaming community and I needed my Guild Leaders to be able to PM members within their usergroups.

However members are in mutiple usergroups since we have a usergroup for each guild. So I modified this to look for if the member is in a secondary user group instead of their primary.

I hope VBNinja doesn't mind me posting how I did this.

Go to
http://www.yourforumname.com/admincp....php?do=modify

find
Product : Mass PM Usergroups
Then click the edit button where it says:
Process PM private_insertpm_process

Find


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


And replace with this line



Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Save and your done.

Hope this helps anyone else looking to send mass pm's based on a secondary usergroup. Thanks VBNinja for a great mod!

Last edited by bounty7565; 08 Mar 2015 at 22:25.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 17 Apr 2015, 22:42
EasyEazy EasyEazy is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Originally Posted by bounty7565 View Post
Is it possible to set this up to allow you to message someone regardless to whether their usergroup is primary, or additional usergroup?

Edit: I followed Badhabitz's instructions below, and it appears that I can now PM both primary and secondary groups.
Nice update and great mod vbNinja. Working perfectly.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 30 Apr 2015, 16:43
Novablaze Novablaze is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Originally Posted by blackberry View Post
Give blank page :-s
This is what i am getting when i select my Registered users group to send a mass MSG to all other usegroups seem to be working fine just that one is not i have added the code for a secondry usergroup now that it only sends to a few users when i send a msg to registered users if you can think of a fix to this issue it will be a great help.

PS i think it maybe due to the # and others like [ {etc etc so if we can find a fix for that it would be appricated.

Last edited by Novablaze; 30 Apr 2015 at 16:53.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02 Dec 2015, 11:34
blackberry's Avatar
blackberry blackberry is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Real name: Sheem
plugin is enabled but options are not showing anymore ??
it seems to be working fine.
__________________
SachiiDosti - Hum Sub Dost Hain
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02 Dec 2015, 11:35
blackberry's Avatar
blackberry blackberry is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Real name: Sheem
Originally Posted by Novablaze View Post
This is what i am getting when i select my Registered users group to send a mass MSG to all other usegroups seem to be working fine just that one is not i have added the code for a secondry usergroup now that it only sends to a few users when i send a msg to registered users if you can think of a fix to this issue it will be a great help.

PS i think it maybe due to the # and others like [ {etc etc so if we can find a fix for that it would be appricated.
best is to select few usergroups and send.
__________________
SachiiDosti - Hum Sub Dost Hain
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 27 Aug 2016, 05:34
Guardian Hope Guardian Hope is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Uninstalled. Worked with vBulletin 4.2.2 but not 4.2.3 or 4.2.5.

Selecting to go to the "full editor" results in a page of the UserCP loaded with a blank spot where the full editor should be.

A shame, it was a useful modification.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:06.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: