Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
Mabersoft vBulletin - Guest Ad Details »
Mabersoft vBulletin - Guest Ad
Mod Version: 1.00, by mabersoft (Member) mabersoft is offline
Developer Last Online: Nov 2011 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.0.x Rating: (0 vote - 0 average) Installs: 4
Released: 07 Feb 2010 Last Update: Never Downloads: 0
Not Supported Template Edits Code Changes Translations  

Here is a simple vbulletin mod made by Mabersoft vBulletin.

*INSTALL*
  1. Add this code to any of the ad templates


    Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
    Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

  2. Add you Ad code between

    Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
    Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.



*LICENCE*
What You Can Not Do:
  • Re use the code in anyway shape or form
  • Remove the <!-- Mabersoft vBulletin Guest Ad --> & <!-- /Mabersoft vBulletin Guest Ad -->
  • Redistribute it any way shape or form
  • Call It Your Own Work
What You Can Do:
  • Change Style of it

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Mini Mods Mabersoft vBulletin - Guestbook mabersoft vBulletin 4.x Template Modifications 16 14 Oct 2010 13:18
Mabersoft vBulletin Style 2 mabersoft Modification Graveyard 5 12 Jul 2010 08:42
Forum Home Enhancements Mabersoft vBulletin - Map mabersoft vBulletin 4.x Template Modifications 11 10 Feb 2010 14:45
Forum Home Enhancements Mabersoft vBulletin Map mabersoft vBulletin 3.8 Template Modifications 6 10 Aug 2009 02:36
Forum Home Enhancements Mabersoft vBulletin Guest Ad mabersoft vBulletin 3.8 Template Modifications 1 26 Jun 2009 14:40

Comments
  #2  
Old 07 Feb 2010, 14:41
mabersoft mabersoft is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
1.0 - Released
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07 Feb 2010, 17:25
ndut ndut is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
any preview??
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07 Feb 2010, 20:03
mabersoft mabersoft is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Originally Posted by ndut View Post
any preview??
no sorry. as i don't have a adsense account.

All it does is make the ads show up only to guest so registered members don't see it. Its a good way of getting people to reg if they want rid of the ads they just register.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07 Feb 2010, 20:43
Bouncer222 Bouncer222 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
What if I want to have the ads hidden for specific usergroups only?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08 Feb 2010, 16:05
mabersoft mabersoft is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
change this:
Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

to this:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

edit the number(s) with your usergroup number and then it will only display to them/that usergroup(s)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08 Feb 2010, 16:36
Brandon Sheley's Avatar
Brandon Sheley Brandon Sheley is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Real name: Brandon
what is a "Mabersoft " ??
this really isn't a mod, it's just use of the template conditions
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=215032
for 3.x
and
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=231525
for 4.x
__________________

Email me for website help: brandon[at]sheley[dot]org
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08 Feb 2010, 16:47
kall's Avatar
kall kall is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Real name: Ace
Originally Posted by Bouncer222 View Post
What if I want to have the ads hidden for specific usergroups only?
Just use the existing conditional selection options that come with the Advertising module.

One of these is actually "User belongs to usergroup", so this Template Mod is fairly superfluous.

Set that setting to Unregistered, and your ad will only be shown to Guests, and you don't have to edit the ad template.

Use this mod and edit the ad template with this, I'm fairly certain that ad location can't be used for any other ad.

Use the standard system and don't install this mod, and you can have multiple ads in one location that will be seen only by whatever usergroup you want to see them.
__________________
vBulletin Styles (All styles compatible with 3.8.4 - Steel Blue 4.0 Available) | vBulletin Hosting
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08 Feb 2010, 19:36
Neptun Neptun is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
what is this ?! what can i do with this ?!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08 Feb 2010, 19:43
oddmud's Avatar
oddmud oddmud is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
You can do this with vbulletin software. there is no need for this hack/mod.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08 Feb 2010, 20:08
mabersoft mabersoft is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Originally Posted by Loco.M View Post
what is a "Mabersoft " ??
this really isn't a mod, it's just use of the template conditions
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=215032
for 3.x
and
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=231525
for 4.x
Mabersoft is the name i run under on the internet just like you have Loco.M.

and yes this is for 3.x & 4.x so both users can use it.

Originally Posted by Neptun View Post
what is this ?! what can i do with this ?!
The code that i have provided will make it show the ads (google adsense for instance) show only to guest on the forum and not any other usergroup

Originally Posted by oddmud View Post
You can do this with vbulletin software. there is no need for this hack/mod.
Well sorry for me trying to help fellow vBulletiners.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08 Feb 2010, 22:17
kall's Avatar
kall kall is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Real name: Ace
Originally Posted by mabersoft View Post
Well sorry for me trying to help fellow vBulletiners.
It's not that we are saying "don't help", it's that this modification actually REMOVES functionality rather than adding it.
__________________
vBulletin Styles (All styles compatible with 3.8.4 - Steel Blue 4.0 Available) | vBulletin Hosting
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09 Feb 2010, 08:45
mabersoft mabersoft is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Originally Posted by kall View Post
It's not that we are saying "don't help", it's that this modification actually REMOVES functionality rather than adding it.
Oh sorry. i did not know that. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09 Jul 2010, 16:34
Dragonsys's Avatar
Dragonsys Dragonsys is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Real name: Eric
Originally Posted by kall View Post
Just use the existing conditional selection options that come with the Advertising module.

One of these is actually "User belongs to usergroup", so this Template Mod is fairly superfluous.

Set that setting to Unregistered, and your ad will only be shown to Guests, and you don't have to edit the ad template.

Use this mod and edit the ad template with this, I'm fairly certain that ad location can't be used for any other ad.

Use the standard system and don't install this mod, and you can have multiple ads in one location that will be seen only by whatever usergroup you want to see them.
Too bad the Advertising Module which comes with vb is very limited in the way it handles usergroups. You can only have the if condition apply to 1 usergroup. Which means, if you want the ad to display to everyone except for a certain 3 usergroups, you have to create several ads, and even then, it's difficult to accomplish fully.

So this Template mod does add functionality for people wanting to do this.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09 Jul 2010, 20:28
kall's Avatar
kall kall is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Real name: Ace
Originally Posted by Dragonsys View Post
Too bad the Advertising Module which comes with vb is very limited in the way it handles usergroups. You can only have the if condition apply to 1 usergroup. Which means, if you want the ad to display to everyone except for a certain 3 usergroups, you have to create several ads, and even then, it's difficult to accomplish fully.

So this Template mod does add functionality for people wanting to do this.
Pray tell, how exactly this mod (show an ad to guests) allows one to show an ad to multiple usergroups.
__________________
vBulletin Styles (All styles compatible with 3.8.4 - Steel Blue 4.0 Available) | vBulletin Hosting
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 21:54.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: