Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
8WayRun.Com - Addonchat Extension Details »
8WayRun.Com - Addonchat Extension
Developer Last Online: Sep 2013 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.0.x Rating: (0 vote - 0 average) Installs: 10
Released: 09 Sep 2010 Last Update: 09 Sep 2010 Downloads: 54
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Template Edits Auto-Template Additional Files External Content  

The Official Addonchat Product is REQUIRED for this Extension
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=233009

This is a simple mod I created to not only fill in the gaps of features in the official addonchat product for vBulletin, but also add a few features which are liked on my forum. You will need to make a few changes to some of the templates for Addonchat. I have asked AddonInteractive to make a few fixes in their files to support a mod like this; so hopefully less edits will be needed in the future.

Features:
  • Adds a "Who's Chatting" list ABOVE the forum, instead of in the WGO area. Who's Chatting area will now also sort by usernames, and give markup based on display usergroups.
  • Adds a "most chatters at one time" datastore; this is the same datastore used by Paul's Flashchat Integration script; so if you switch from Flashchat to Addonchat, or vice versa, you will retain this record.
  • Adds support for Streaming video and chats from within the embed page. (Only works with the embedded page, not the popup page; I have disabled the popup page on my forum in order to promote the use of this new feature.) With this, users can chat in your chatroom, while also viewing flash based streaming video (uStream, JustinTV, etc). Stream data is handled through AJAX; so if you change the stream location, users will not be forced to leave the chatroom in order to get the new location, they only need to hit the "Update" button.

Demos:
Installation:
  • Make sure the Official Addonchat Product has already been installed.
  • Upload all files in the included ZIP file to their respective directories.
  • Install this product using the XML file within the included ZIP file.
  • Setup your settings in "Stream Settings" under AddonChat in AdminCP.
  • Replace the contents of the template "addonchat_embed" with this:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
    Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Thank you! Donations welcome!

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Major Additions 8WayRun.Com - Media Library Jaxel Modification Graveyard 3112 12 Aug 2015 07:21
Mini Mods 8WayRun.Com - Random Header Jaxel vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 47 11 Jan 2013 22:26
Administrative and Maintenance Tools 8WayRun.Com - Signature Check Jaxel vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 19 15 Aug 2012 11:40
vBulletin CMS Widgets 8WayRun.Com - XFBML Facebook Like Box Jaxel vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 30 15 May 2012 17:18

Comments
Old 09 Sep 2010, 15:39

Downloaded...

Thanks ... we really love the AddonChat product and the outstanding support given by the developer ....

Nice to see extensions being developed ...

Question: Before I install this, is it possible to have the option of keeping the Who's Chatting" list in the WGO area, instead of having it appear at the top of the forums? We're getting a little cluttered up there and it would be nice (at least for our site) to leave it in the WGO area.

Thanks for your efforts ..

Regards,
Badger
Old 09 Sep 2010, 15:40

This mod doesn't replace the existing WGO2 plugin, it adds a NEW one. So if you want to remove either of the two plugins (the above forum, and the WGO2), you simply need to disable the appropriate plugin.
Old 09 Sep 2010, 15:45

Originally Posted by Jaxel View Post
This mod doesn't replace the existing WGO2 plugin, it adds a NEW one. So if you want to remove either of the two plugins (the above forum, and the WGO2), you simply need to disable the appropriate plugin.
Thank you ....

Regards,
Badger
Old 11 Sep 2010, 14:51

After uploading everything and changing the template nothing has changed and i don't see an option for "Stream Settings", any idea what might be wrong?

http://www.clankms.com/forum/addonchat.php
Old 12 Sep 2010, 12:50

Stream settings is in you're admin cp... In the addonchat area.
Old 12 Sep 2010, 19:53

i have no idea why im having trouble but i dont see that option and it still doesnt show the whos chatting option.
Old 16 Sep 2010, 16:57

Ok still having an issue, as u can see in the pic the "whos chatting" is showing a bad link/pic and i still dont have the stream settings option! Can u help?

Old 24 Oct 2010, 17:44

is there any way to change the color of the header bar of "who's chatting" to match the rest of the forum?

does it autohide if there is noone in chat?
Old 30 Dec 2010, 11:27

please help... 2 requests....

# Setup your settings in "Stream Settings" under AddonChat in AdminCP.
Just cannot find this!?!?!? Looked in the forums Admin. Can see where I change the size of pop-up etc... but no "Stream" info?!!?

Can someone screenprint where this should be???
Old 30 Dec 2010, 15:39

ok looked a bit more into it... its just seems when I add this upload in it doesnt link/replace anything so Im running the default addonchat... has the original script been changed and this needs to be updated??
Old 18 Feb 2011, 00:11

Does video still work for you? Which version do I have to buy to get video enabled?
Old 08 Mar 2011, 21:16

How do I get it in a box? great mod thanks for putting it together!
Old 21 Jun 2011, 06:04

Jaxel

I saw that you switched over to lightIRC for your website

Did Addonchat not work out? I really like this extension you created here but want to make sure it works before jumping on board.
Old 21 Jun 2011, 06:31

Actually I just noticed you are using xenforo; not vbulletin.

Please still let me know if you still encountered any issues as to why you switched.