Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29 Sep 2014, 22:08

Ok give me a bit to work it out.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 30 Sep 2014, 01:26

I am getting close on this. Had to completely re write the regex for the replacement.

Now I just have to get the css to get in place.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 30 Sep 2014, 07:59

I didn't think it would be that hard to use the str_replace function. It looks easy enough when looking at other mods/articles.
Old 30 Sep 2014, 11:01

OK cool. Thanks very much ozzy.

Why is it so hard to do a str_replace on that div?
Old 30 Sep 2014, 11:02

Not sure how my post just inserted itself before yours although I was replying to you lol. And how did you post at 12:07 when vB states its 12:02 at the bottom of the page?
Old 30 Sep 2014, 11:07

The issue is what we are trying to replace with. I had looked into this just about a year ago and failed. I have just about got it right as of now, but I neet to test it against other mods to make sure it won't break them.

So hopefully later today I will have this ready.
Old 30 Sep 2014, 11:40

I did reply to you ozzy but the posts went above your last post for some reason.
Old 30 Sep 2014, 12:33

Haha! Something wrong with vB then.

Well at least your getting something out of helping me. Be nice to have all your temp mods as real mods.
Old 30 Sep 2014, 12:39

Who knows what's going on with the post times. I noticed it happen yesterday as well.

As for the str_replace it is difficult because of what we are adding, it needs to be done while the template is being compiled, but I got it working, so I should have this ready for you later today.

Good thing is now I can redo my template modifications, that did something similar and turn them into real mods.
Old 30 Sep 2014, 13:02

After an addon is made and you are testing it, how can you test what the output is? Can you use print or echo to see the output of your code?
Old 30 Sep 2014, 22:28

Ok here it is.

I added the stylevar for the background also for you.

Last edited by ozzy47; 01 Oct 2014 at 10:31.
Old 30 Sep 2014, 23:15

There is one change you need to make th the CSS template. Remove what is in there and replace it with this:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

I forgot I had some of the values hard coded for testing.
Old 01 Oct 2014, 07:56

Still nothing happening for me when I install it and make the changes. I think I also need to make the settings for the background colour as there is only the setting to enable the mod.

You can see on the attached image that the post is moderated and the div class is still postbody.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg poost_background.jpg (60.1 KB, 8 views)
Old 01 Oct 2014, 10:00

Wierd, it should be showing as moderated. Care to send me a admin account so I can see what is going on?
Old 01 Oct 2014, 10:32

I just tested this on a vanilla vB4 site and it is working, so I would need to debug what is going on with your site that is stopping the mod from working.