Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
Video Club (YouTUBE, Vimeo, DailyMotion etc) Details »
Video Club (YouTUBE, Vimeo, DailyMotion etc)
Mod Version: 1.4.1, by paradoxG(r)eek (Member) paradoxG(r)eek is offline
Developer Last Online: Dec 2019 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This thread is in the Modification Graveyard.
vB Version: 4.2.4 Rating: (6 votes - 4.83 average) Installs: 12
Released: 05 Apr 2017 Last Update: 30 Apr 2017 Downloads: 197
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Auto-Template Additional Files Translations External Content  

Since 2006 I was serving community members with my Free Mods
But as this site will starts operating by the company,
I'm no willing to support them

** File Removed **


Video Club

Fetch Videos from many Providers with URL
since ver. 1.2.0 you can also embed any valid video code

Things to know !!!
  • If your site is SSL and you try to show a video from a non SSL site, video should not works.
  • If you can't show YouTUBE videos, most probably your API key is wrong. Be sure that you've setup correct the API key and it is ver. 3. Here is a good tutorial.
  • If you see strange characters in the text, the problem is character encoding. Even in English, if you're using iso-8859-1 but the video provider uses UTF-8 should have some problems. But you can edit the text, so not so important issue.

Demo Installation
demouser1 / demopass1
demouser2 / demopass2
demouser3 / demopass3
PS: In my demo I've setup Disqus as commenting system. But it's up to you to setup Threads instead.

1.- What's this?

Video Club is a Video Gallery mod for your community. It's easy to use and has a nice interface. User just needs to enter a link to the video and set a category. All others done automatically. For comments supports Thread per video but also the well known Disqus external commenting system. I strongly recommend you to use Disqus as it's very social and soon you'll see an increment amount of pageviews.

2.- Video Providers (Websites)
  • 5min.com
  • Blip.tv
  • Break.com
  • Collegehumor.com
  • Dailymotion.com
  • Funnyordie.com
  • Gametrailers.com
  • Hulu.com
  • Justin.tv
  • Metacafe.com
  • MySpace.com
  • Ustream.tv
  • Veoh.com
  • Vimeo.com
  • Screen.Yahoo.com
  • YouTUBE.com
  • ver. 1.2.0 NEW!! Now you can add manual any video code your want
3.- Comments

Not only one but 3 types for comments (plus an option to not use comments)
  • Thread
  • Disqus
  • Ajax comments
4. Installation
  1. Upload all files from upload folder to the folder where your vBulletin 4.2 is installed
  2. CMOD 777 the directories
    1. videoclub/thumbs
    2. videoclub/thumbs/tmp
  3. Login to your admincp and import the file product-videoclub.xml
  4. Set Usergroup permissions
  5. Set General Options according to your needs
    1. ** MOST IMPORTANT SETTINGS **
    2. Get a YouTUBE API key from https://console.developers.google.co...is/credentials
    3. Decide if you'll use Threads for comments or Disqus. If you'll use Disqus set your site at: https://disqus.com/admin/create/
    4. Set Server Path to Uploads !!!
  6. If you want modify PM templates but don't touch anything between {}
  7. Set the Categories
5.- PRO Version

After many years I decided to use PRO version not as a way not to earn money (I don't expect to have more than 10 sales), but rather to find a way to pay for some commercial scripts that I want to use in the PRO version (Distribution License). The follow features will be in the PRO version:
  • Extra Providers
    • Facebook
    • LiveLeak.com
    • OpenLoadMovies.com
  • Videoplayer with support for prevideo ads
  • Better carousel for latest videos at top
  • Video search in multiple providers
  • Many notifications
  • Brand free

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	homepage4.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	156249   Click image for larger version

Name:	myphotos4.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	156250   Click image for larger version

Name:	post4.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	156251   Click image for larger version

Name:	profile.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	156252  

Click image for larger version

Name:	view1_4.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	156253   Click image for larger version

Name:	view2_4.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	156254   Click image for larger version

Name:	approve.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	156255   Click image for larger version

Name:	options1.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	156256  

Click image for larger version

Name:	options2.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	156257  

Show Your Support

  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
New Posting Features Fluid YouTube/Vimeo BBcodes (auto-created) MarkFL vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 58 01 Mar 2017 19:11
vBulletin CMS Widgets Random YouTube/Vimeo Video Widget imported_dfmafia vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 19 03 Apr 2015 16:57
Add-On Releases Online Youtube, Google, Bolt, iFilm, MySpace, DailyMotion etc. Video Downloader dj_f16 vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 35 08 May 2008 15:56

  #331  
Old 17 Apr 2017, 20:03
paradoxG(r)eek paradoxG(r)eek is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Real name: Christos
Originally Posted by BadgerDog View Post
No, FireFox same issue.. see attached...

Regards,
Doug
You seen my screenshot so something is wrong in your side. Maybe a setting in FF have no idea. Don't you've any Moderator to ask him to check the site?
Reply With Quote
  #332  
Old 17 Apr 2017, 20:07
paradoxG(r)eek paradoxG(r)eek is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Real name: Christos
Originally Posted by BadgerDog View Post
Well that's the problem..

I guess ALL our templates should be BLACK text regardless of which one is chosen..

Regards,
Doug
As per your request, all your template (other than vb Default) have now as link color in sidebar #000000 (Black) and hover #FFFFFF (white).
Reply With Quote
  #333  
Old 17 Apr 2017, 20:08
BadgerDog BadgerDog is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Real name: Doug
Originally Posted by paradoxG(r)eek View Post
You seen my screenshot so something is wrong in your side. Maybe a setting in FF have no idea. Don't you've any Moderator to ask him to check the site?
I am the owner/moderator ..

So, for clarity.. when you tested to see if you could make sidebars on our site work, you changed nothing?

Question: Is the right panel in home screen programmed as a sidebar in your code, which is why the unnecessary double arrow appears in video club, but on no other add-on or vBulletin page we use has it showing?

Thanks..

Regards,
Doug
Reply With Quote
  #334  
Old 17 Apr 2017, 20:09
paradoxG(r)eek paradoxG(r)eek is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Real name: Christos
Originally Posted by BadgerDog View Post
No, FireFox same issue.. see attached...

Regards,
Doug
If you want PM me your own login details to check it.

Edit: Ignore it. As you can't see sidebar with my login, is not a permissions error.
Reply With Quote
  #335  
Old 17 Apr 2017, 20:14
BadgerDog BadgerDog is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Real name: Doug
Originally Posted by paradoxG(r)eek View Post
As per your request, all your template (other than vb Default) have now as link color in sidebar #000000 (Black) and hover #FFFFFF (white).
I'm not sure what site or templates you're working on or what you're changing, but the text is till blue/grey in ALL templates .. see attached..

... and that pic happens to be of the dark template which is the first one you referred to as being change..

Regards,
Doug
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2017-04-17 at 3.12.47 PM.jpg (33.3 KB, 3 views)
Reply With Quote
  #336  
Old 17 Apr 2017, 20:16
paradoxG(r)eek paradoxG(r)eek is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Real name: Christos
Originally Posted by BadgerDog View Post
I am the owner/moderator ..

So, for clarity.. when you tested to see if you could make sidebars on our site work, you changed nothing?
.

No. Sidebar was active. The reason that it invisible is because your 3 blocks there were inactive. Sidebar appears in 2 ways:
1.- If it's active
2.- If there are active blocks.

As a proof that the sidebar was already active is that you can't build any block with inactive sidebar. There is a message with a link to activate it.

The only that I did was to cleate a block of latest threads, to get a screenshot and then to delete the block.

BUT AGAIN !! I can see perfectly the sidebar in video pages with FF 52.0.2. Is a problem with your own installation of FF. And if I remember well you said that with Safari you can see it. Is NOT a functionality error. Is a local (computer) error. Do you have the possibility to try your site from another computer?

Originally Posted by BadgerDog View Post
Question: Is the right panel in home screen programmed as a sidebar in your code, which is why the unnecessary double arrow appears in video club, but on no other add-on or vBulletin page we use has it showing?

Thanks..

Regards,
Doug
Sorry, didn't understood this question.
Reply With Quote
  #337  
Old 17 Apr 2017, 20:28
paradoxG(r)eek paradoxG(r)eek is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Real name: Christos
Originally Posted by BadgerDog View Post
I'm not sure what site or templates you're working on or what you're changing, but the text is till blue/grey in ALL templates .. see attached..

... and that pic happens to be of the dark template which is the first one you referred to as being change..

Regards,
Doug
Something is going wrong with you styles but don't know what. While the child Templates of mil.... Templates set were auto updated, the first 3 three updated only the hover color and not the link. I've changed those 3 one by one and I checked them.
Reply With Quote
  #338  
Old 17 Apr 2017, 20:34
BadgerDog BadgerDog is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Real name: Doug
Chris.. I fixed it...

I repeated the steps you did to test sidebars ..

1. Turned ON the sidebar option in vBulletin in AdminCP
2. Activated Forum Threads sidebar for ALL forums as a test...
3. Went to our site home page and saw the same jumble you saw when I clicked on the side bar to pop out from the left.
4. Clicked Video Club link and the main home page now had the right panel back !!!
5. Went back into AdminCP and de-activated Forum Threads sidebar for ALL forums ..
6.. Turned OFF the sidebar option in vBulletin in AdminCP.

Re-checked Video Club home page and the right panel is still there, so by reversing your steps, it seems to have solved the problem with my FireFox browser ..

The blue/grey text replace with black/whie looks great with the templates marked..

Light
--Dark
---Medium

It's still blue/grey when selecting..

--Milsurps Templates
---- SSL Milsurps Templates
---------Milsurps.com Light
---------Milsurps.Com Medium
---------Milsurps.Com Dark

Thanks..

Regards,
Doug
Reply With Quote
  #339  
Old 17 Apr 2017, 20:45
BadgerDog BadgerDog is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Real name: Doug
Chris... I've checked again and I see you must have worked on the various templates some more.. thanks ...

The blue/grey text replace with black/whie looks great with the templates marked..

Here's what I see runnign through the various templates..

Light ...... OK
--Dark .....OK
---Medium OK

--Default (still blue/grey)

--Milsurps Templates (still blue/grey)
---- SSL Milsurps Templates (still blue/grey)
---------Milsurps.com Light ..... OK
---------Milsurps.Com Medium (still blue/grey)
---------Milsurps.Com Dark .......OK

Regards,
Doug
Reply With Quote
  #340  
Old 17 Apr 2017, 20:58
paradoxG(r)eek paradoxG(r)eek is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Real name: Christos
Originally Posted by BadgerDog View Post
Chris... I've checked again and I see you must have worked on the various templates some more.. thanks ...

The blue/grey text replace with black/whie looks great with the templates marked..

Here's what I see runnign through the various templates..

Light ...... OK
--Dark .....OK
---Medium OK

--Default (still blue/grey)

--Milsurps Templates (still blue/grey)
---- SSL Milsurps Templates (still blue/grey)
---------Milsurps.com Light ..... OK
---------Milsurps.Com Medium (still blue/grey)
---------Milsurps.Com Dark .......OK

Regards,
Doug
Only the Milsurps.Com Medium I found it not updated. Milsurps Templates and SSL Milsurps Templates as you can see in the attached screenshots are ok.

The problem is why, even if I'm getting message for updating child templates (showing the names), they don't really update.

What happen with sidebar? Have you found any other computer to test it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg template1.jpg (57.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg template2.jpg (57.2 KB, 2 views)
Reply With Quote
  #341  
Old 17 Apr 2017, 22:21
BadgerDog BadgerDog is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Real name: Doug
Originally Posted by paradoxG(r)eek View Post

What happen with sidebar? Have you found any other computer to test it?
Chris... see post #338...

Regards,
Doug
Reply With Quote
  #342  
Old 18 Apr 2017, 10:48
BadgerDog BadgerDog is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Real name: Doug
Chris....

Sent you an additional PayPal for the extra work you performed on our site, assisting with the text coloring etc.... much appreciated....

We're going to start planning for going live for our membership sometime this weekend, but we wanted to do further testing with the PM functions of "approving, rejecting etc.." first, to make sure there's no issues with that function.

I mentioned it earlier, but some thoughts for future design features we'd like to see, which some other mods similar to yours currently offer. It would be great if Video Club was capable of...

1. Allowing a user (or Admins) to EDIT existing video article information and perhaps also edit and change the existing thumbnail pic, like they can when first adding the video to the club, that would be an excellent function ..

2. An option (perhaps in AdminCP settings?) to have TAGS shown or not shown in the mod's video display screen. In my opinion, they clutter the display and my experience has been a lot of our members would never use them, as they don't even use the ones in vBulletin, so it would be great if we could turn them off being displayed at all.

Thanks again for all your work...

Regards,
Doug
Reply With Quote
  #343  
Old 18 Apr 2017, 11:18
paradoxG(r)eek paradoxG(r)eek is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Real name: Christos
Originally Posted by BadgerDog View Post
Chris....

Sent you an additional PayPal for the extra work you performed on our site, assisting with the text coloring etc.... much appreciated....
Thank you very much for your continous support Doug. Really appreciated. Soon I'll PM you details, as I'm planing to start operating my site.

Originally Posted by BadgerDog View Post
We're going to start planning for going live for our membership sometime this weekend, but we wanted to do further testing with the PM functions of "approving, rejecting etc.." first, to make sure there's no issues with that function.
To be honest I just changed the lists there. Haven't tested PMs but as they were working fine at my Media Gallery mod, I'm sure that they'll work fine on this mod too.

Originally Posted by BadgerDog View Post
1. Allowing a user (or Admins) to EDIT existing video article information and perhaps also edit and change the existing thumbnail pic, like they can when first adding the video to the club, that would be an excellent function ..
hmmm...... There is a legal problem here which I need to read more in depth. Actually the original code was supporting Add/Edit so I did extra work to remove the Edit code. The problem is that providers does not allows any data modifications. They asked users to keep same title, description etc, as they count it copyright of the original poster.

Originally Posted by BadgerDog View Post
2. An option (perhaps in AdminCP settings?) to have TAGS shown or not shown in the mod's video display screen. In my opinion, they clutter the display and my experience has been a lot of our members would never use them, as they don't even use the ones in vBulletin, so it would be great if we could turn them off being displayed at all.
This can be done. I'll add it.

Originally Posted by BadgerDog View Post
Thanks again for all your work...
You welcome Doug and once again thank you. I wish all the best to veterans there
Reply With Quote
  #344  
Old 18 Apr 2017, 11:49
BadgerDog BadgerDog is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Real name: Doug
Originally Posted by paradoxG(r)eek View Post

Haven't tested PMs but as they were working fine at my Media Gallery mod, I'm sure that they'll work fine on this mod too.
You're welcome Chris ..

We do not want members uploading a bunch of crap, so we do want to control and moderate which groups can upload and which can't.

Ok, I just started testing the PM function and it doesn't seem to work as designed...

I had a user called "tester" who uploaded a YouTube video just fine. It told him (message quickly flashed by) it was being submitted for approval before posting and returned to the main screen. Just an idea.. the message that it's being submitted for approval comes and goes so fast, I think there's going to be a lot of problems with people who can't read it quick enough and as a result, when they don't see there video on the main screen, they'll keep uploading it over and over again, thinking the previous upload didn't work. How about a HUGE message (admin phase configurable?) where it STOPS, they read it and then have to hit enter to go on... or, something like that?

Now to the main problem....

The designated user ID (default was userid 1 but we changed it to 31098), who is supposed to receive notices and moderate, never sees anything indicating there's a video to approve?

I even checked user ID 1 (Admin) to see if it went there and no, it didn't?

The original uploader called "tester" sees his video in his "My Videos" area, but not on the main screen, so I know the uploaded video is there someplace. By the way, you should mark videos in the "My Videos" area as "Waiting for Approval to Post", or something like that, so the original uploader knows it's status and it's still waiting for approval.

I've attached the Usergroup settings for the uploader, who can do everything shown, except moderate and they must have videos approved.

By the way, as an aside... the Admin Usergroup has ALL boxes checked, yet they can freely upload without having to ge approval from anyone, so I don't think that setting, by accident or design, is work the way you want?

Hope this helps figure out where the issue is..

Regards,
Doug
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 6.44.13 AM.jpg (35.4 KB, 4 views)
Reply With Quote
  #345  
Old 18 Apr 2017, 12:11
paradoxG(r)eek paradoxG(r)eek is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Real name: Christos
Originally Posted by BadgerDog View Post
Just an idea.. the message that it's being submitted for approval comes and goes so fast, I think there's going to be a lot of problems with people who can't read it quick enough and as a result, when they don't see there video on the main screen, they'll keep uploading it over and over again, thinking the previous upload didn't work. How about a HUGE message (admin phase configurable?) where it STOPS, they read it and then have to hit enter to go on... or, something like that?
Redirection messages have the same speed all over all vB functions. Don't know if the delay can be changed somewhere in 1000's vB settings, but I can't change the delay.

What I can do is to add one more setting and admin selects if he wants redirection or halt pages. Halt page means a static page where the user must clicks a link to continue. Maybe it's sound better but believe me is frustated for most users especially if they want to add many videos.


Originally Posted by BadgerDog View Post
The designated user ID (default was userid 1 but we changed it to 31098), who is supposed to receive notices and moderate, never sees anything indicating there's a video to approve?
I don't think that any vB action which needs approval (eg normal post) has any type of notification. Moderators are responsible to visit ModCP from time to time to check what is under upproval. In anycase is not a big deal to add such notification. Just keep in mind that the id that you'll setup to be an active id. Moste webmasters are registering a system account to control such "noreply" messages and never check them.

Originally Posted by BadgerDog View Post
The original uploader called "tester" sees his video in his "My Videos" area, but not on the main screen, so I know the uploaded video is there someplace. By the way, you should mark videos in the "My Videos" area as "Waiting for Approval to Post", or something like that, so the original uploader knows it's status and it's still waiting for approval.
I'll check it, but I'm almost sure that it works. The video appears in "My Videos" page with remark: Awaiting Approval (red color). The phrase to change the text is: videoclub_unapproved

Originally Posted by BadgerDog View Post
I've attached the Usergroup settings for the uploader, who can do everything shown, except moderate and they must have videos approved.
They're correct.
Originally Posted by BadgerDog View Post
By the way, as an aside... the Admin Usergroup has ALL boxes checked, yet they can freely upload without having to ge approval from anyone, so I don't think that setting, by accident or design, is work the way you want?
Users who have permission to Moderate don't need approval even if the setting "Needs Approval" is on. And this is logic. Why I (as Moderator) need to approve my own videos? Is it possible to reject it?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:46.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: