Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
Dark Gaming vBulletin Skin - Darkvision 4.2.1 Details »
Dark Gaming vBulletin Skin - Darkvision 4.2.1
Mod Version: 1.10, by TalkTemplate (Designer) TalkTemplate is offline
Developer Last Online: Mar 2017 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.2.x Rating: (79 votes - 4.72 average) Installs: 869
Released: 30 Dec 2009 Last Update: 19 Jan 2017 Downloads: 7890
Not Supported  

DarkVision vBulletin Skin

Updated for ALL vBulletin 4 Versions

Premium Version:

The entire skin has been improved with faster page loading to help increase search engine rankings

Darkvision Pro includes a lifetime of updates supporting vBulletin 4, 24/7 Pro Support, and instant version releases and bug fixes.

Download Darkvision Premium



Instructions
Installation/Upgrade Instructions:
1. Upload the folder '/darkvision' to 'YOUR_FORUM_URL/images/darkvision'
2. In your vBulletin AdminCP go to 'Styles & Templates > Download/Upload Styles'
3. Upload the Darkvision XML file and click 'Import'
4. Set the style as the default style in 'Settings > Options'

Supported Layouts
-CMS
-Forums
-Blogs

To make the style work for the CMS, you have to click the edit (pencil) button next on the main page (content.php) and manually set the style choice.

Please support us by leaving a link back to our website.

Premium Version


Changelog:
1.00 Released (vBulletin 4 Gold)
1.01 Updated sidebar colors
1.02 Many bug fixes and color changes.
1.03 Fixed popular bugs. Added "yellow" and "white" color schemes.
1.04 Browser Bug fix. 4.0.2 Compatible. Tested with several Add-on Modifications.
1.05 CSS Fixes, 4.0.3 Compatible. Fixed Versions Released
1.06 Complete Update for version 4.1.2
1.07 Complete Update for version 4.1.7
1.08 Update for version 4.1.10
1.09 Update for version 4.2.0
1.10 Update for all current vBulletin 4 versions


If you installed this style and wish to receive important style updates, please click here.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	preview.jpg
Views:	2593
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	108645  

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
(Premium) Fabric Skin! from Bulletin Market defi vBulletin 3.8 Styles 59 21 Dec 2009 12:00

  #31  
Old 02 Jan 2010, 20:01
BoredOutOfMyMin BoredOutOfMyMin is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Another EXCELLENT skin.

I am adding my own logo named banner.png prior to upload and then will not have to edit that.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02 Jan 2010, 20:10
iamspookysdaddy iamspookysdaddy is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
IE7 vs Chrome

This is my favorite style to date! Very Nice.
There is a difference how the text entry box in Internet Explore displays compared to Google Chrome. IE7 text background is white and text is white while Chrome displays correctly with dark text background and white text.

Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02 Jan 2010, 22:22
Clizon Clizon is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Is there a way to change the color of the actual article, or put a background image on it? For example in the CMS, Front page, the article inherits the site background. Are we able to put it as a different colour? I can't find that variable.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03 Jan 2010, 13:29
dporter dporter is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Really love this style.

However, it is almost impossible to see the reputation and report post icons.

Can you please make it so these stand out clearly. Many thanks,
Attached Images
File Type: png rep.png (6.1 KB, 43 views)
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04 Jan 2010, 02:37
TalkTemplate TalkTemplate is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Thanks for the suggestions. I will make a new set of buttons shortly.
__________________
vBulletin Skins
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04 Jan 2010, 08:10
EuT EuT is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
You might want to update in the stylevars:
- profile_content_friends_list_hover (currently I quickly set this to #333333 or rgb(51, 51, 51))
- navbar_popup_link_background (aka "Navigation Bar Popup Body Link Background Color")
Noticed that those 2 on the least are showing a white background when popping or hoovering .

As for the white background in the wysiwyg on IE, seems like a flaw in the javascript I guess, because if you switch from wysiwyg to normal then the problem is solved. Though the annoyance are the inputs of title and tags, black text in a dark-gray field. kinda hard to read and tested on 2 different monitors.

Last edited by EuT; 04 Jan 2010 at 08:22.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04 Jan 2010, 16:50
spartan1123 spartan1123 is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
I very much like this skin but I can't get it to work in the CMS, where is this "pencil" button you mention?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04 Jan 2010, 17:21
durdan1 durdan1 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Is there anyway to change the text color from light blue to something else?
Attached Images
File Type: png fontcolor.PNG (7.1 KB, 32 views)
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05 Jan 2010, 03:20
TalkTemplate TalkTemplate is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
I am currently fixing some noted issues and will update with the next release.

Originally Posted by EuT View Post
You might want to update in the stylevars:
- profile_content_friends_list_hover (currently I quickly set this to #333333 or rgb(51, 51, 51))
- navbar_popup_link_background (aka "Navigation Bar Popup Body Link Background Color")
Noticed that those 2 on the least are showing a white background when popping or hoovering .

As for the white background in the wysiwyg on IE, seems like a flaw in the javascript I guess, because if you switch from wysiwyg to normal then the problem is solved. Though the annoyance are the inputs of title and tags, black text in a dark-gray field. kinda hard to read and tested on 2 different monitors.
Thank you for your suggestions. I will try them out for the next release.

Originally Posted by spartan1123 View Post
I very much like this skin but I can't get it to work in the CMS, where is this "pencil" button you mention?
The pencil is shown when you hover over the first article title as an administrator. This allows you to edit the first article on the first page.

Originally Posted by durdan1 View Post
Is there anyway to change the text color from light blue to something else?
This would require a separate template release. I will try a silver/white font color instead of light blue. If you have any preferences, please let me know.
__________________
vBulletin Skins
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 05 Jan 2010, 14:50
EuT EuT is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Originally Posted by impulse8 View Post
Thank you for your suggestions. I will try them out for the next release.
I'm just to used to seek out the problems and find what's the correct 'style-name' or solve. The reason I mentioned those two after 10 minutes of searching the white backgrounds with white texts before it . But I always keep the perfect solution for the designer, he/she always knows which colors are the best for the template
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 05 Jan 2010, 14:58
sturdy sturdy is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
To make the style work for the CMS, you have to click the edit (pencil) button next on the main page (content.php) and manually set the style choice.
The CMS styling isn't very intuitive. (many people have this problem)
How to do this if I am using more styles ? How can I set the CMS to choose the style that the user has ?

I mean I dont want just one style for the CMS
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 05 Jan 2010, 16:13
MrShides MrShides is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Originally Posted by EuT View Post
I'm just to used to seek out the problems and find what's the correct 'style-name' or solve. The reason I mentioned those two after 10 minutes of searching the white backgrounds with white texts before it . But I always keep the perfect solution for the designer, he/she always knows which colors are the best for the template
I have to agree with you, the text in the edit boxes is almost unusable, and since its a forum with alot of typing, my users have given this theme a thumbs down. I like the theme alot myself, and hope to see either this issue resolved or instuctions on how to adjust the colors ourselves.

The edit box in the standard theme is fine. For some reason in FireFox, its white text on grey, unless you click out of the box, then the text becomes black, until you click back into the box. In IE its always black. I originally thought, well I will just change the background of the edit box to white, but this then kills the firefox users.

I think if you just set the input text to be white, we'd be golden.

and yeah, the wysiwyg is white text on white background making it unusable.

Still I want to say, this is a great start for a theme and I really enjoy it. Thanks for all your hard work.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 06 Jan 2010, 04:37
TalkTemplate TalkTemplate is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Originally Posted by sturdy View Post
How to do this if I am using more styles ? How can I set the CMS to choose the style that the user has ?

I mean I dont want just one style for the CMS
I believe the setting you are looking for is "inherited" on the style selection after clicking the pencil.

Originally Posted by MrShides View Post
I have to agree with you, the text in the edit boxes is almost unusable, and since its a forum with alot of typing, my users have given this theme a thumbs down. I like the theme alot myself, and hope to see either this issue resolved or instuctions on how to adjust the colors ourselves.

The edit box in the standard theme is fine. For some reason in FireFox, its white text on grey, unless you click out of the box, then the text becomes black, until you click back into the box. In IE its always black. I originally thought, well I will just change the background of the edit box to white, but this then kills the firefox users.

I think if you just set the input text to be white, we'd be golden.

and yeah, the wysiwyg is white text on white background making it unusable.

Still I want to say, this is a great start for a theme and I really enjoy it. Thanks for all your hard work.
I appreciate your support. However, the white background is entirely different depending upon browser capabilities and various other factors.

The reason is because the stylevars are incomplete. vBulletin has not yet released a version where stylevars can edit the background. In the next update i will do what i can to edit the css templates so the backgrounds appear to be the same color across all browsers.
For now, some users report that changing the text editor mode may solve the problem.
__________________
vBulletin Skins
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07 Jan 2010, 00:39
iamspookysdaddy iamspookysdaddy is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Thanks for your work on this impulse8! It is greatly appreciated and looks great. Good work!!!
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07 Jan 2010, 04:33
TalkTemplate TalkTemplate is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Originally Posted by iamspookysdaddy View Post
Thanks for your work on this impulse8! It is greatly appreciated and looks great. Good work!!!
Thanks for the feedback.

Currently correcting the css templates, adding a blank banner, and making an alternative skin with silver/white text instead of light blue.
__________________
vBulletin Skins
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:11.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: