Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11 Aug 2010, 16:46

Originally Posted by Loco.M View Post
did you mean "Facebook"
Twitter hasn't had any privacy issue, Facebook on the other hand..
Yes, facebook is who I meant on the privacy issue. My bad. Sorry.

As far as Twitter goes, ProSportsForums called it correctly on the "false information from non-credible and unverifiable sources" which have plagued it lately.
Old 14 Aug 2010, 13:39

Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
4.0.3 will have the FB Connect (signon) functionality.
facebook is going to be dropping connect. unknown as to when though.

Originally Posted by mrt12345 View Post
Well we will have to see.... just out of interest is there a group where when you want to release a new forum and everybody jumps in just to make it look active. ok this might be dumb idea but has anybody done this before.??? because once again , and i am sure it has been the same problem that everybody faces this problem is that to get new people in they want to see if there is any action there. Might be hard to tear some folks away from( face reading... sorry Book) lol.

Yes, there are actually people that can be paid to "post up" your board. I've seen the services out there, but I really don't think it's worth it.
Old 14 Aug 2010, 20:47

In a lot of ways I think that Twitter is actually helping forums. It gets the word out faster for people trying to start them up, and helps others from being able to monopolize the system.
Old 20 Sep 2010, 10:06

Twitter has never worked for me. You need to have many contacts on twitter to make it work.
Forums are a way to find those contacts for people.
So there will always be a reason to run forums.
Old 22 Sep 2010, 07:27

Originally Posted by onerinconhill View Post
In a lot of ways I think that Twitter is actually helping forums. It gets the word out faster for people trying to start them up, and helps others from being able to monopolize the system.
can u prove that mathematically? the benefits of Twitter can be applied to many situations, how can you explain that two different systems born in two different decades are now a perfect match?