Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
Better ACP Tag Manager (search for tags, display x tags in x cols) Details »
Better ACP Tag Manager (search for tags, display x tags in x cols)
Mod Version: 0.5, by sockwater (Coder) sockwater is offline
Developer Last Online: Jan 2018 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 3.8.x Rating: (4 votes - 4.00 average) Installs: 45
Released: 04 Jun 2009 Last Update: 05 Jun 2009 Downloads: 212
Not Supported Uses Plugins Additional Files  

This modification adds extra functionality to the ACP tag manager, allowing you to search for tags and display an arbitrary number of tags per page. Hopefully something like this will get added to vB soon.

Installation:
  • Upload admin_threadtag_alt.php to your /includes/ directory.
  • Import the XML product file via the Product Manager.
Upgrading:
  • Upload and overwrite admin_threadtag_alt.php to your /includes/ directory.
  • Import the XML product file via the Product Manager, overwriting the previous version.
Changlog:
  • v 0.2 - Adds a link by each tag to view all threads that use that tag.
  • v 0.3 - Allows searching within a tag, instead of only at the beginning.
  • v 0.4 - Shows how many times each tag is used, and links to all threads it's used on.
  • v 0.5 - Adds 'previous' and 'next' links to the pagination.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot01.png
Views:	614
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	100107   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot02.png
Views:	518
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	100108   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot04.png
Views:	452
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	100116  

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
End-User Options Add a link to tags.php in footer (help SE find your tags) SEOvB vBulletin 3.7 Template Modifications 6 02 May 2008 10:22
New Posting Features Pre-Defined Topic Tags for Zoints Thread Tags SBlueman vBulletin 3.6 Template Modifications 4 17 Oct 2007 06:42

Comments
  #2  
Old 04 Jun 2009, 19:35
Lynne's Avatar
Lynne Lynne is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Real name: Lynne
Does it allow you to click on the tag in the Tag List and get a list of threads using that tag? (I've just recently been using the vb tag manager and, like you, have found it a bit lacking in options.)

Thanks for this!
__________________
Former vBulletin.org Staff Member

Try a search before posting for help. Many users won't, and don't, help if the question has been answered several times before.
W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
I will NOT help via PM (you will be directed to post in the forums for help.)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04 Jun 2009, 19:44
sockwater's Avatar
sockwater sockwater is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
No, but I'll add it. Sounds useful.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04 Jun 2009, 19:52
djbaxter djbaxter is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Error after install on 3.82:

Warning: require_once([path]/includes/admin_threadtag_alt.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/admincp/global.php(243) : eval()'d code on line 6

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '{/path/to/}/includes/admin_threadtag_alt.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in {/path/to/}admincp/global.php(243) : eval()'d code on line 6
Note: The part in "warning" that includes the string "[path]" was not inserted by me. Is this undefined in your add-on?

Added:
Never mind. My FTP program hung so admin_threadtag_alt.php wasn't present on the server.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04 Jun 2009, 20:52
sockwater's Avatar
sockwater sockwater is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
Does it allow you to click on the tag in the Tag List and get a list of threads using that tag? (I've just recently been using the vb tag manager and, like you, have found it a bit lacking in options.)

Thanks for this!
I've added this functionality in version 0.2. Anything else you can think of that I should add?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04 Jun 2009, 21:05
Lynne's Avatar
Lynne Lynne is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Real name: Lynne
Originally Posted by sockwater View Post
I've added this functionality in version 0.2. Anything else you can think of that I should add?
I'll be playing with it and let you know. But, the two things I was missing in the vb acp was searching for tags and clicking on one to get a list of threads and you now have both of those things so it sounds great to me!
__________________
Former vBulletin.org Staff Member

Try a search before posting for help. Many users won't, and don't, help if the question has been answered several times before.
W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
I will NOT help via PM (you will be directed to post in the forums for help.)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04 Jun 2009, 21:11
Alfa1's Avatar
Alfa1 Alfa1 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Does it allow you to search for tags containing certain characters or combinations of characters?
For example: if I want to search for all tags that have 'soft' in it, then I want to find 'jelsoft', 'belsoft', 'software', etc. This would allow me to find misspellings of the word 'jelsoft'

A feature that I have found very useful it, to list the number of threads that have a certain tag. For example:
jelsoft 23
belsoft 1

If I would not know what 'jelsoft' is, then i can still identify that 'belsoft' is a misspelling, because its used only once, while 'jelsoft' is used 23 times.

Another feature that would be very helpful identifying similar tags within thousands of tags, is an auto-search for similar tags. Such function could show tags that have partly the same letters in them.

Last edited by Alfa1; 04 Jun 2009 at 21:31.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04 Jun 2009, 23:10
MrEyes MrEyes is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Fantastic mod, I have been wanting to sort out the tags on my site for months but everytime I look at the default tag manager I lose the will to live.

You have saved me so much time and now I can easily clean out all the <insert explitive> tags some members have added.

Nominated for MOTM as well

Now, enough praise... there does seem to be a small bug

When merging two tags I got the following error on the "Tag Edited Successfully" page:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

However the thread merge did seem to work successfully

EDIT: It has just taken me 20 minutes to do a job I have been putting off for months, many many thanks

Last edited by MrEyes; 04 Jun 2009 at 23:49.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05 Jun 2009, 00:00
sockwater's Avatar
sockwater sockwater is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
I'll be playing with it and let you know. But, the two things I was missing in the vb acp was searching for tags and clicking on one to get a list of threads and you now have both of those things so it sounds great to me!
Thanks, be sure to let me know.

Originally Posted by Alfa1 View Post
Does it allow you to search for tags containing certain characters or combinations of characters?
For example: if I want to search for all tags that have 'soft' in it, then I want to find 'jelsoft', 'belsoft', 'software', etc. This would allow me to find misspellings of the word 'jelsoft'
As of version 0.3, you can now search within tags, instead of only at the beginning of them.

Originally Posted by Alfa1 View Post
A feature that I have found very useful it, to list the number of threads that have a certain tag. For example:
jelsoft 23
belsoft 1

If I would not know what 'jelsoft' is, then i can still identify that 'belsoft' is a misspelling, because its used only once, while 'jelsoft' is used 23 times.
I might be able to add that.

Originally Posted by Alfa1 View Post
Another feature that would be very helpful identifying similar tags within thousands of tags, is an auto-search for similar tags. Such function could show tags that have partly the same letters in them.
I don't think an auto-search like this, while a good idea, is within the scope of what I want to do with this at this point. Sorry.

Originally Posted by MrEyes View Post
Fantastic mod, I have been wanting to sort out the tags on my site for months but everytime I look at the default tag manager I lose the will to live.

You have saved me so much time and now I can easily clean out all the <insert explitive> tags some members have added.

Nominated for MOTM as well

Now, enough praise... there does seem to be a small bug

When merging two tags I got the following error on the "Tag Edited Successfully" page:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

However the thread merge did seem to work successfully

EDIT: It has just taken me 20 minutes to do a job I have been putting off for months, many many thanks
Thanks for the accolades and the bug report. I am unable to duplicate that bug. You might also try installing the latest version of this mod and seeing if you still see that problem.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05 Jun 2009, 00:45
sockwater's Avatar
sockwater sockwater is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Originally Posted by Alfa1 View Post
A feature that I have found very useful it, to list the number of threads that have a certain tag. For example:
jelsoft 23
belsoft 1
This is now implemented in version 0.4.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05 Jun 2009, 00:55
djbaxter djbaxter is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Could you add a "Next" button to the list of page numbers at the top?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05 Jun 2009, 01:27
sockwater's Avatar
sockwater sockwater is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Originally Posted by djbaxter View Post
Could you add a "Next" button to the list of page numbers at the top?
Wish granted, in version 0.5.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05 Jun 2009, 02:01
djbaxter djbaxter is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Originally Posted by sockwater View Post
Wish granted, in version 0.5.
Thank you. That was quick.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05 Jun 2009, 09:06
Hornstar's Avatar
Hornstar Hornstar is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Real name: Matt
Thanks, this is going to make life so much easier lol.

Thanks again!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07 Jul 2009, 17:59
sockwater's Avatar
sockwater sockwater is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Originally Posted by hornstar1337 View Post
Thanks, this is going to make life so much easier lol.

Thanks again!
You're very welcome.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:23.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: