Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Product Review Forums Research, Review & Compare Items Details »
Product Review Forums Research, Review & Compare Items
Developer Last Online: Dec 2016 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.x.x Rating: (34 votes - 4.50 average) Installs: 214
Released: 07 Sep 2011 Last Update: 06 Apr 2014 Downloads: 1712
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Auto-Template Additional Files  

Version 1.4.0 has been released to remove the giftery / list it integration of the addon now that service has been discontinued. No upgrade is needed though there have been a few other bug changes since 1.3.5.

Finding Feedback Can be Like a Needle in a Haystack

The more your forum grows, the more of a challenge it becomes to sort through the history and get the full story.

Product Review Forums Brings Structure to the Chaos

As a full-featured product management addon, PRF sits on top of your forum allowing you to create defined products which, unlike individual posts, stay relevant over time. Each comment, review and even product updates filter back into this one spot allowing for a quick and comprehensive overview while the individual discussions rage on as always.

Here's just a few of the many features you'll find in PRF:
  • Bring structure to products with established pages & reviews
  • Reduce the number of repetitive posts from members looking up the same info
  • Increase your traffic with content-rich, seo friendly, product listings
  • Drive revenue by adding your own affiliate links to product listings
  • Increase the activity stream's value with review integration
  • Engage visitors with integrated wishlists from Giftery.me
===========================

Installation is not upload & go... individualized settings are required. Read the install file.

QUICK TIPS:

Enabling Product Forums: To show product details and ratings, each product-forum must be enabled in the forum manager.

Adding Products: You may upload products one at a time through the admin [includes an image uploader using GD] or you can bulk import through XML. You can also enable users to add moderated products through a global and usergroup option.

Product Review Index: To access your forum's product overview go to www.yoursite.com/productforums.php - You may want to add a link to this to your navbar or as a tab.

Customization: This addon is made to be customized. To change the color schema see clientscript/vbulletin_css or dive right on in to the templates and phrases.

Powered by Giftery.me: This mod is maintained includes two integrations you should know about. Both can be controlled through the mod options.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	2520
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	139758   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-2.jpg
Views:	3648
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	139759   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-3.jpg
Views:	2538
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	139760   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-4.jpg
Views:	2119
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	139761  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-5.jpg
Views:	1576
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	139762  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Old 24 Oct 2011, 10:36

Originally Posted by Domiav View Post
ok, another little problem; on the "buy this product" link when i click on it the system put the forum url before the shop url; for example if i put www.newegg.com when i click on buy this product i will redirect to:
www.mywebsite.com/forum/www.newegg.com that of course give a 404 error.

can also someone show me how to translate the mod? is everywhere into the productforums.php? i just need to revert the text link part into my language?
If yes, i'll release for free the translated version if may help.
Try adding http:// to www.newegg.com
Old 24 Oct 2011, 15:27

Originally Posted by Ramsesx View Post
Ted, on archive view the "This is an empty post" issue is existing too.
Hum. Hadn't considered the archive as it's faded off. We'll have to code around that.

The issue with trying to sync up a post is the frequent changes. Sure it's possible but you're basically rebuilding a post every time an edit / review / post happens and there's really no benefit to the user as it's just a big unstructured blob of text.

- if trying to + Add New Product on productforums.php it gives me the VBulletin message "This feature is currently not in use", have I missed to enable anything?
Yes.

- if quick reply is enabled this may lead some users to using this instead pressing the "Write your own" text
Not sure what you mean

- I still don't understand why there is the "View all reviews on *" link in each review because it leads to the same site again I am right now
Beacuse each post can be viewed individually. If you don't like this appearing you can edit it out of the template.
Old 24 Oct 2011, 15:28

ok, another little problem; on the "buy this product" link when i click on it the system put the forum url before the shop url; for example if i put www.newegg.com when i click on buy this product i will redirect to:
www.mywebsite.com/forum/www.newegg.com that of course give a 404 error.
Given that it's an admin feature we didn't think to include a url validator but now that user's have access to the feature we will validate them in a future release.
Old 24 Oct 2011, 15:28

At last, and this is a feature request, is there a way to add also on the review form the price that a user spent to bought the products?
See post #4 of this thread.
Old 24 Oct 2011, 15:30

- Ratings using Rich Snippets see here
Supporting the OP meta data is planned.
Old 24 Oct 2011, 17:14

Originally Posted by Ted S View Post
Given that it's an admin feature we didn't think to include a url validator but now that user's have access to the feature we will validate them in a future release.
Originally Posted by downloadsuk View Post
Try adding http:// to www.newegg.com
you was in right, solved adding http:// thx!
Old 25 Oct 2011, 00:36

After update to 1.2

I get raw html size=3 in the review now. When I posted the code here it actually resolved

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Old 25 Oct 2011, 00:54

I see, Allow Size BB Code needs to be enabled for the forums
Old 25 Oct 2011, 01:05

More suggestions:

Is there a way to distinguish the Review thread created as a "REVIEW"? on the forums? They appear as a standard thread lost in the quagmire sort-of-speak.

Also, would it be better SEO to have the word "Review" added to the "end" of the title page? Something that makes the review better indexed as a product "review".
When I google search for reviews I always include the word review in the search query.

Cheers!
Old 25 Oct 2011, 01:26

Originally Posted by bigtree View Post
Is there a way to distinguish the Review thread created as a "REVIEW"? on the forums? They appear as a standard thread lost in the quagmire sort-of-speak.
Not sure what you mean... They are normal threads with review content. See part II about titles.

Also, would it be better SEO to have the word "Review" added to the "end" of the title page? Something that makes the review better indexed as a product "review".
When I google search for reviews I always include the word review in the search query
Totally up to the forum and their optimization tactics. You can append every thread with a word if you like but for best optimization I suggest using just one thread per product with reviews as follow-up posts. This gives engines a single block to spider as a frequently updated product entry rather than many different, and often dated, reviews to try and pick from.
Old 25 Oct 2011, 01:27

Originally Posted by bigtree View Post
I see, Allow Size BB Code needs to be enabled for the forums
Or you can edit the review template to remove the font sizes.
Old 26 Oct 2011, 05:01

Adding content.

With vbulletin 4, Forums or CMS, I can simply copy and paste manufacturers content perfectly without having to code it. Even easier, I can simply highlight it and drag it to the message box (drag and drop) and it writes it perfect. Press save and its there. I understand tables are a problem but how about just text so we don't have to do all the line breaks, bolding etc. It would make this very robust.

To my testing, we can't do that here. If we could do this with the Product Review , that would be awesome.
Old 26 Oct 2011, 05:18

More suggestions for you:

If the images could be a set thumbnail, clicking onto them enlarges.
Old 26 Oct 2011, 05:20

Originally Posted by Ted S View Post
Not sure what you mean... They are normal threads with review content. See part II about titles.

Totally up to the forum and their optimization tactics. You can append every thread with a word if you like but for best optimization I suggest using just one thread per product with reviews as follow-up posts. This gives engines a single block to spider as a frequently updated product entry rather than many different, and often dated, reviews to try and pick from.
Possibly an tiny icon or prefix that distinguishes the review threads created.
Old 27 Oct 2011, 23:55

Please tell me this is not some bad news!
Btw, I searched rather quickly through the pages on this mod a saw something similar to what I posted around thread #60(something?). Anyway, to get this error message I was trying to leave a review on a the one and only product I have added so far. I tried reducing the amount of text I had in the Product Comments section, with no luck. I tried changing the name in Review Headline, and switching from 5 stars to a 3 star selection, again all with no luck. The error message below kept appearing after each attempt.
I'm running a 4.1.7 version board and Products Review Forums v1.1.2beta file.

vBulletin Message
Oh great, you had to go and press THAT button. There goes the whole site. Just kidding... We had an issue posting your review, please try again or contact support and use code 164250-B