Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Product Review Forums Research, Review & Compare Items Details »
Product Review Forums Research, Review & Compare Items
Developer Last Online: Dec 2016 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.x.x Rating: (34 votes - 4.50 average) Installs: 214
Released: 07 Sep 2011 Last Update: 06 Apr 2014 Downloads: 1712
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Auto-Template Additional Files  

Version 1.4.0 has been released to remove the giftery / list it integration of the addon now that service has been discontinued. No upgrade is needed though there have been a few other bug changes since 1.3.5.

Finding Feedback Can be Like a Needle in a Haystack

The more your forum grows, the more of a challenge it becomes to sort through the history and get the full story.

Product Review Forums Brings Structure to the Chaos

As a full-featured product management addon, PRF sits on top of your forum allowing you to create defined products which, unlike individual posts, stay relevant over time. Each comment, review and even product updates filter back into this one spot allowing for a quick and comprehensive overview while the individual discussions rage on as always.

Here's just a few of the many features you'll find in PRF:
  • Bring structure to products with established pages & reviews
  • Reduce the number of repetitive posts from members looking up the same info
  • Increase your traffic with content-rich, seo friendly, product listings
  • Drive revenue by adding your own affiliate links to product listings
  • Increase the activity stream's value with review integration
  • Engage visitors with integrated wishlists from Giftery.me
===========================

Installation is not upload & go... individualized settings are required. Read the install file.

QUICK TIPS:

Enabling Product Forums: To show product details and ratings, each product-forum must be enabled in the forum manager.

Adding Products: You may upload products one at a time through the admin [includes an image uploader using GD] or you can bulk import through XML. You can also enable users to add moderated products through a global and usergroup option.

Product Review Index: To access your forum's product overview go to www.yoursite.com/productforums.php - You may want to add a link to this to your navbar or as a tab.

Customization: This addon is made to be customized. To change the color schema see clientscript/vbulletin_css or dive right on in to the templates and phrases.

Powered by Giftery.me: This mod is maintained includes two integrations you should know about. Both can be controlled through the mod options.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	2520
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	139758   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-2.jpg
Views:	3648
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	139759   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-3.jpg
Views:	2538
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	139760   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-4.jpg
Views:	2119
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	139761  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-5.jpg
Views:	1576
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	139762  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Old 07 Dec 2011, 17:47

Please PM me with the url of your import file and we will test it out.
Old 09 Dec 2011, 06:12

Originally Posted by downloadsuk View Post
Hi Ted - I really think you should take a look at my issue. I think there is a bug - I have been trying to problem solve, and found that changing the forum ID changes which product hangs. I can't really debug anymore than this.
The issue with the importer was duplicate product titles which try to create duplicate threads and stop the new thread routine cold in it's tracks.

This copy of admincp/productforums.php should fix that but it may be a little aggressive in sorting out what's a dup. Let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: php productforums.php (56.1 KB, 3 views)
Old 09 Dec 2011, 10:57

Originally Posted by Ted S View Post
The issue with the importer was duplicate product titles which try to create duplicate threads and stop the new thread routine cold in it's tracks.

This copy of admincp/productforums.php should fix that but it may be a little aggressive in sorting out what's a dup. Let me know.
Worked perfectly, thanks Ted.
Old 09 Dec 2011, 13:58

Is there anyway to get this for 3.8? Maybe for a paid mod?
Old 09 Dec 2011, 17:04

Originally Posted by juliannova View Post
Is there anyway to get this for 3.8? Maybe for a paid mod?
While the code would be similar 3.8 and 4.0 are very, very different in how they approach templating and to some degree plugins / values. You could certainly make it happen but you're not talking about hiring someone for $50, there'd be a lot of work involved if you chose to bring in an outside coder.

While all of our older mods support the 3.x series, moving forward we're exclusively building for 4.0 and up.
Old 09 Dec 2011, 19:44

Hi Ted - any chance of making this work with the Google search API for shopping?
Old 09 Dec 2011, 22:38

Originally Posted by tpearl5 View Post
Hi Ted - any chance of making this work with the Google search API for shopping?
That depends on how you see the two playing together...

APIs like this still require you to have a list of products in the system to look up. Google could be integrated to pull back more details, even local stores that sell the item, but not so much to start threads automatically.

If your goal is to get items to list you'd need to get Google's Product Feed. From working extensively with datafeeds I can you tell we're talking serious data, millions and millions of records. Fun stuff too.
Old 24 Dec 2011, 13:02

Happy Holidays! I hope santa brings an update soon
Old 25 Dec 2011, 00:18

Originally Posted by destacamos View Post
Happy Holidays! I hope santa brings an update soon
What would be on your "wishlist" for said update?
Old 30 Dec 2011, 20:50

So without going into a long story, I discover today that in order to access and/or use the settings part of this mod you basically have to have Super Admin permissions.

So my question of coarse would be, is there anyway around this? If I use this feature on my site it will be ran by moderators without super admin access to the admincp. There is noway I want to have to sit on top of a mod such this one that has all it's useability done through the admincp. I'm not sure why any mod that is not a high intake money type mod would need to have super admin access to it's controls. If I appear to be slamming this mod I do not mean for it to come off like that. I apologize to anyone that may take it negatively. So is there a possible solution to get around this?
Old 30 Dec 2011, 23:16

Finally I just wanted to ask 2 things:

First, is it possible to disallow user to post something in a review thread? I mean they should be able to review the product, but not to post something in this thread.

When do you release the next update and which features will it have?

Thank you so much
Old 30 Dec 2011, 23:18

And another question: Is it possible to run the Product Advertising API from Amazon.de? So i select a category and the products would be there automatic
Old 31 Dec 2011, 22:11

Originally Posted by psychobike View Post
So without going into a long story, I discover today that in order to access and/or use the settings part of this mod you basically have to have Super Admin permissions.

So my question of coarse would be, is there anyway around this? If I use this feature on my site it will be ran by moderators without super admin access to the admincp. There is noway I want to have to sit on top of a mod such this one that has all it's useability done through the admincp. I'm not sure why any mod that is not a high intake money type mod would need to have super admin access to it's controls. If I appear to be slamming this mod I do not mean for it to come off like that. I apologize to anyone that may take it negatively. So is there a possible solution to get around this?
You don't need to be a superadmin, you need to be an admin.

In development you make decisions, one of which is to build more features or build less for more user types. Most of boards prefer more functionality but it's never going to be all inclusive.

We chose not to redevelop every admin feature for the mod cp as in most forums content is also approved by the top of the team, not the middle. If you don't work that way you can port the features from the admin cp to the mod cp or give more mods limited admin access.
Old 31 Dec 2011, 22:12

Originally Posted by Killhunter View Post
First, is it possible to disallow user to post something in a review thread? I mean they should be able to review the product, but not to post something in this thread.
Turn off posting in the forum.

When do you release the next update and which features will it have?
See the first page of the mod.
Old 31 Dec 2011, 22:14

Originally Posted by Killhunter View Post
And another question: Is it possible to run the Product Advertising API from Amazon.de? So i select a category and the products would be there automatic
It depends on how you want to run it. You could in theory port the API to show ads or buying options on products you've defined or you could go even further and use it to let users search for products to review but you can't create listings with an API alone.

APIs require a query [i.e. looking for _something_]. If you want to get _everything_ in a set category you need a datafeed which, in the case of amazon, is quite a lot of data.