Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Extra Profile Fields Page Details »
Extra Profile Fields Page
Developer Last Online: Sep 2020 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.6.9 Rating: (16 votes - 4.19 average) Installs: 386
Released: 07 Aug 2006 Last Update: 26 Apr 2008 Downloads: 3189
Supported Uses Plugins Template Edits Code Changes  

IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS for those upgrading to vB 3.6.10!!!

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...&postcount=269

EVERYONE: PLEASE BE CRYSTAL CLEAR IN WHAT ISSUES YOU ARE HAVING WITH THIS MOD IF YOU ARE USING IT IN 3.7.x! A 3.7.x version is already in the works.

------------------------------------------------------------

You can find the 3.5.x version of this hack here.

This hack will add an extra page to the User CP. This area can be used for extra profile fields that for one reason or another you would like to split from the main list.

Personally, I use this page for PC specs, but it can also be used for other specs as well (e.g. cars). I have the specs in a dropdown list under the user title in each user's post, as well as in their profile page, but that's another hack You'll see a link to it under Add-Ons to the right.

Here's some examples of how I use this hack (with the Add-On hack, Additional Section within Profile and Dropdown within Posts):
http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=39826
http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/member.php?u=15

# of plugin hooks: 1
# of php page edits: 3
# of new templates: 1
# of template edits: 1
# of new phrases: 2

To install, upload the product and then make the manual edits as listed in the text file.

Don't forget to hit INSTALL!

Support will only be given to people who have hit install.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Addons

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	epfp_1.JPG
Views:	5837
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	51729   Click image for larger version

Name:	epfp_2.JPG
Views:	6961
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	51730  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Profile Enhancements Extra Profile Fields Page Wired1 vBulletin 3.7 Add-ons 196 09 Jun 2010 04:20
Extra Profile Fields Page Wired1 vBulletin 3.5 Add-ons 233 22 May 2008 20:05
Extra Profile Fields Page Zachery vBulletin 3.0 Full Releases 124 11 Jan 2008 16:19

Old 27 Jun 2007, 11:42

Okay finally I've had it do what I want, I didn't want the complete USER_CP shell on the extra profile page and forced a style on the page, to make it seem like a stand-alone RPG edit profile page.

I keep on loving this hack . Keep up the great work.
Old 27 Jun 2007, 14:02

Sorry for doubleposting, but I'd like the page to redirect to somewhere other than the usercp.php page (as it is by default right now) when you submit your info. Since it uses the profile.php redirect it automatically gets redirected to usercp.php. Any idea on how to do a different redirect for this extra profile page?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out .

Last edited by Saskia; 27 Jun 2007 at 20:16.
Old 26 Jul 2007, 02:21

This is something I have needed for a long time - how can I do a second set of extra fields...im going to offer advertising on my site - and I want to give access to extra profile fields for 1 group - so I know I can use this hack to do the seperate page then just use condtionals to make it available....i dont want to mess anything up so can you assist me on adding a second new catagory?
Old 27 Jul 2007, 01:20

not sure what you mean by a second category (refresh me, it's been a long week!)
Old 01 Aug 2007, 21:41

Is this working with 3.6.8? I am having a heck of a time.
Are you suffering from an Alcohol or Drug addiction? Are you suffering from any addiction? Do you want help? There are others like you at Recovery Crossroads. You are not in this alone. We have been where you are at right now.
Old 02 Aug 2007, 04:40

haven't tested it yet, but IIRC when I skimmed the 3.6.8 notes nothing struck out at me that could potentially break it.
Old 02 Aug 2007, 12:13

Well I installed and uninstalled it over 10 times and got nothing. I even tried it three times with the add on and still no luck. I don't know what I am missing but I have never had this bad of luck with any mod and we really could use this mod on our site.

It is a new day and I will try it again.
Are you suffering from an Alcohol or Drug addiction? Are you suffering from any addiction? Do you want help? There are others like you at Recovery Crossroads. You are not in this alone. We have been where you are at right now.
Old 03 Aug 2007, 04:01

Well it seems that everyones site I look at in this thread is using an older version of VB so I am guessing it don't work with 3.6.8. I sure can't get it to work so unless a skimming glance at code is all you can tell me that is you have that is making it a keeper then I have a 2 days of install and uninstall that says it is a dead mod for me at any rate. What I see as kind of odd as well is that VB.org isn't using 3.6.8 either. Am I on to something? Should I have not used it?

Last edited by Tom_S; 03 Aug 2007 at 14:53.
Old 06 Aug 2007, 15:50

Nevermind, fixed "

Last edited by insolentmuse; 06 Aug 2007 at 16:12.
Old 07 Aug 2007, 17:18

what if I want the same put for photograpgy
Camera
Lens
other
Old 11 Aug 2007, 11:29

any one?
and does it work on 3.6.8?
Old 11 Aug 2007, 15:32

Okay now VB.org is updated to 3.6.8. Now since they see this upgrade as stable does this mod work with the upgrade or is this going to be tested with the upgrade at any point soon? I still can't get it to work.
Old 27 Aug 2007, 17:14

Two weeks have passed and no one has replied regarding compatibility with 3.6.8...oh well...better days..."clicks uninstalled".

UPDATE:

Okay...I have this working...

Now I have to get the Additional Section Within Profile and Dropdown menu working...

If these mods are going to be supported...it'd be nice to have someone support them instead of racking our brains trying to get them to work...

Or just a little note at the beginning of the mod which versions of vBulletin the mod is compatible with...instead of having to search every post to see if someone has already inquired as to its compatibility with other vBulletin versions. Instead we get answers like..."I see no reason why it shouldn't work with version 3.6.X." Sure you don't...but did you test it?

Last edited by Saviour; 04 Sep 2007 at 01:23. Reason: added more info
Old 05 Sep 2007, 11:40

FYI
Works well with 3.6.8. Still had to do the php file edits, but all my extra fields and pages are there.
Old 05 Sep 2007, 15:56

Originally Posted by nnjj.net View Post
what if I want the same put for photograpgy
Camera
Lens
other
Originally Posted by nnjj.net View Post
any one?
and does it work on 3.6.8?

any one?