Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
vBookie for vBulletin 3.5 Details »
vBookie for vBulletin 3.5
Developer Last Online: Mar 2019 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.5.3 Rating: (30 votes - 4.67 average) Installs: 633
Released: 12 Aug 2005 Last Update: 18 Feb 2006 Downloads: 3418
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Template Edits Additional Files Is in Beta Stage  

vBookie

Introduction

This is a Port of the original vBookie Hack created by tdjrico; full credits to him for the idea and the kind permission to port his work

A t t e n t i o n
This Hack is unsopported and incompatible with vBulletin 3.6+
You are hereby advised to not use it.
Please do not ask me about support and/or updates - there will be none.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	event-thread.gif
Views:	2995
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	33324   Click image for larger version

Name:	main-page-main.gif
Views:	7207
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	33325   Click image for larger version

Name:	open-event-display.gif
Views:	6267
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	33326   Click image for larger version

Name:	post-event.gif
Views:	5751
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	33327  

Click image for larger version

Name:	settle-event-display.gif
Views:	4453
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	33328   Click image for larger version

Name:	yes-post.gif
Views:	3828
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	33329  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
vBookie - vBulletin Betting Hack tjdrico vBulletin 3.0 Full Releases 777 16 Feb 2009 17:55

Old 27 Mar 2009, 14:34

Originally Posted by JJ the Fox View Post
Read the top of the thread. There will never be another version. The mod is abandoned.
Ah, that's a shame. I wrote the original mod 5 years ago, but I don't have the latest version of vBulletin (my forum is 3.6.8).

Still, never say "never".
Hide Threads Posted By Ignored Users for vB 3.0.0
Old 27 Mar 2009, 14:45

Originally Posted by tjdrico View Post
Ah, that's a shame. I wrote the original mod 5 years ago, but I don't have the latest version of vBulletin (my forum is 3.6.8).

Still, never say "never".
well, enough people want this mod updated that I am positive that you would receive more than enough in donations to purchase the latest version of vb

btw, thank you for the original mod.. it is by far my favorite all time mod. It deserves a spot in the Hall of Fame of Modifications
Old 31 Mar 2009, 17:48

I have this working with vb 3.8.1, but it won't let me move past Page 1 of the Settled bets or the Closed bets. When I select say Page 2 it just remains on the first page. I am sure I found the solution to this somewhere in here, but can't for the life of me find it again! Any ideas
Old 31 Mar 2009, 19:14

Originally Posted by Hiranmanu View Post
I have this working for 3.8.1 PL1. This works for any forum version with the right modifications done. I will write up exactly what you guys need to do to get it working.

1: Upload all files in upload folder
2: Import product-bookiehack.xml
3: Goto ACP > Plugins & Products > Plugin Manager
4: Edit Redirect to vbookie.php when posting new Event by replacing the entire code with this
Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

5: In template Newthread find

. Above that add the following code

6: Download ICash and install
7: Change ICash Options. Change the Money Row to vbookie_cash

This will definately work for you. I have left off showing the points in the postbit and the link in the navbar. If you need to add these the code is the same as the original.
that worked a treat, and i'm using vbcredits without any issues
Old 01 Apr 2009, 14:24

Originally Posted by blue6995 View Post
I have this working with vb 3.8.1, but it won't let me move past Page 1 of the Settled bets or the Closed bets. When I select say Page 2 it just remains on the first page. I am sure I found the solution to this somewhere in here, but can't for the life of me find it again! Any ideas
to fix that you need to edit vbookie.php file.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...postcount=1617
Old 01 Apr 2009, 16:01

Originally Posted by DS MrSinister View Post
to fix that you need to edit vbookie.php file.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...postcount=1617
Worked a treat. Thank you so much
Old 02 Apr 2009, 06:46

Originally Posted by jonah1892 View Post
that worked a treat, and i'm using vbcredits without any issues
Higot one small issue I have a member named L'Raine and she can earn points but when someone tries to donate we get a database error with the username having the @ in it, see error below

Invalid SQL:
update frmuser set vbookie_cash = vbookie_cash + '500' where username = 'l'raine';

you can see the ' is causing a problem, this happened when I tried donating manually from admincp
Old 03 Apr 2009, 07:28

Yes, finally got this working. Excellent.

Last question, if I want to write a plugin for richest users (by using vbookie_get_richest), what exactly do I have to write?

Last edited by plazzman; 03 Apr 2009 at 08:34.
Old 06 Apr 2009, 11:17

Thanks hopefully we can convince a coder to come up with a new version of this so we do not have to continue to edit files
Old 06 Apr 2009, 13:02

Originally Posted by merk_aus View Post
Thanks hopefully we can convince a coder to come up with a new version of this so we do not have to continue to edit files
Apparently, Andreas won't allow it for some reason.
Old 06 Apr 2009, 17:01

Bei mir kommt immer dieser Fehler:
You may not bet on this event. You have placed 0 bet(s) on this Event.

Obwohl ich eingestellt hab des diese Gruppe Wetten darf? An was liegt des?
Ich hab 3.7.4
Old 09 Apr 2009, 18:43

Originally Posted by flypaper View Post
Apparently, Andreas won't allow it for some reason.
The reason is pretty simple: Code Quality.

In order to rework this into a decent quality modification, a major refactoring (ending up in a total rewrite) would be necessary.

Unfortunately I do not have the time to do so.
Old 10 Apr 2009, 07:50

I meant finding a coder to start one from scratch, they cant stop people from coding one from scratch and it is what im looking into at the moment
Old 11 Apr 2009, 11:28

Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen,
It is a fantastic day for those of us who love this fantastic mod, with soooo many downloads and installs it is shame that the mod is no longer ongoing.

In the past I have spoken to a number of coders about recreating this, coding from scratch, and have even paid some deposits however the coders have run off with the money and never done anything about this being set up and updated.

Well after much deliberations, and a number of private messages to Andreas we may have some movement on an update to this product finally.

Despite in the first thread saying that this code will not be ongiven, and there will be no updates from him I must have caught Andreas on a good day because I have been given permission from Andreas to create an updated ported version of vbookie...

I'm fine if you are going to build a free version if it will fully follow vBulletin Code standards, etc. - but I will definitly not give permission for a commercial version.

If you want to build a free version, send me the code when you are done so I can take a look at it - if it meets the conditions set above you'll get permission to release it, otherwise you won't.
Is what I was sent in the Private Message, and although I do not like sharing private messages I thought this shows that we can continue to work on this to port it and add new features.

I am only a beginner when it comes to coding, but can do things it just takes a while and therefore I would like to put the call out there for ideas you would like to see in a new version of vbookie ONLY For 3.8.x - and also put the call out for any coders who would like to help out in the recreation of it.

Reply to this thread or send me a pm to discuss future and hope it gives us all hope of a new improved vbookie - if I am coding myself (to the standards) we are probably looking at a couple of months before its done but if more coders come on and we do our part it could be slightly quicker.

EDIT: I forgot to mention it will be a major code rewrite for it however working of the base of Andreas version.
Old 11 Apr 2009, 14:16

Whenever i SET THE USERGROUP OPTIONS FOR A USERGROUP IN VBOOKIE TO YES ..(ALL 3) WHEN I SET ALL 3 OPTIONS OF VBOOKIE TO YES ON THE USERGROUP PERMISSIONS THEY DONT GET SET TO YES ..IT SAYS SAVED SUCCESSFULLY BUT THE NEXT TIME I VIEW THE OPTIONS THEY ARE BACK TO NO OTHER THAN YES AUTOMATICALLY ....IT HAPPENS ONLY ON THE VBOOKIE OPTIONS ..CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME HERE ? I HAVE INSTALLED VBOOKIE ON 3.8.1 AND EDITED THE PLUGIN CODE AS WELL AND DONE ALL TEMPLATE EDITS PERFECCTLY ...PLEASE HELP ME GUYS ...